The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    th_Incendies.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,337
    WILD_GEESE_2D_BD.jpg?fit=450%2C567

Another Arrow Bluray to add to my collection

I’ve never even heard of that film but it has my interest. Whats the consensus -should I check it out at some point ?

It's a very good movie though I have watched it numerous times over the years, it's a good old fashioned adventure movie with a great cast. Roger Moore and Co are on good form
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Bought both John Wick installments on 4K. I'm sure they'll look amazing.

You got yourself a 4K TV I see, what TV did you get?

Finally! It's nothing special, a Vizio 55" 4K TV. Wish I could've gone bigger and better but that's all I was really hoping to spend on one. Still looks stellar and even better than my HDTV, but I haven't been able to enjoy the full capacity of it without a 4K movie. Just picked up The Fifth Element and Leon the Professional in 4K, too.

That's good I got a LG 50 inch after I had had it for two weeks I wish I had bought a bigger screen, I just move my movie chair closer when watching 4K content. Good choice of films, what price are Ultra HD Blurays in the States?

I've read online that the quality actually gets worse the closer you sit. It's typically dark in my room, which seems to help even further.

It varies, but some of them are outrageously expensive. I've been wanting the original Blade Runner and Mad Max: Fury Road, but I'm not shelling out $35 plus just for an upgrade of one film.

I have a movie room I read roughly 8 feet away is about right for my TV, I just move the chair about until I am happy with the picture. Some downloadable 4K content I have paid £22, UHD Bluray for BvS is now £19 prices will drop the more people upgrade. I think the World Cup next year could see a boom in 4K TV sales

I've been frequenting blu-ray forums to get them much cheaper (albeit used). Everyone that sells in those forums is usually just as anal about the quality of their cases as I am, so I'm getting like new titles for pretty cheap most of the time. Got John Wick: Chapter 2 for only $13, when I'm seeing it sold for $25 at most retailers. I can't complain about that.

I often look for bargains and second hand BD does not bother me on occasion, I have always been lucky with my purchases so far. I am the same I want BD's cases in perfect condition.

Right there with you. They needn't be pristine and perfect, but I don't want them looking torn and rugged, either. At the end of the day, I just want to ensure I'm getting a good deal alongside a disc that isn't dented to shreds and will manage to play for as long as I own it.

I display most of my films in my movie room, my boxsets are ornaments to me they need to look good. I do shop around online as much as I can, I used to deal in antiques and collectables so I like a good deal

Can't blame you there, I'm sure the film collection you've amassed is stunning!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Bought both John Wick installments on 4K. I'm sure they'll look amazing.

You got yourself a 4K TV I see, what TV did you get?

Finally! It's nothing special, a Vizio 55" 4K TV. Wish I could've gone bigger and better but that's all I was really hoping to spend on one. Still looks stellar and even better than my HDTV, but I haven't been able to enjoy the full capacity of it without a 4K movie. Just picked up The Fifth Element and Leon the Professional in 4K, too.

That's good I got a LG 50 inch after I had had it for two weeks I wish I had bought a bigger screen, I just move my movie chair closer when watching 4K content. Good choice of films, what price are Ultra HD Blurays in the States?

I've read online that the quality actually gets worse the closer you sit. It's typically dark in my room, which seems to help even further.

It varies, but some of them are outrageously expensive. I've been wanting the original Blade Runner and Mad Max: Fury Road, but I'm not shelling out $35 plus just for an upgrade of one film.

I have a movie room I read roughly 8 feet away is about right for my TV, I just move the chair about until I am happy with the picture. Some downloadable 4K content I have paid £22, UHD Bluray for BvS is now £19 prices will drop the more people upgrade. I think the World Cup next year could see a boom in 4K TV sales

I've been frequenting blu-ray forums to get them much cheaper (albeit used). Everyone that sells in those forums is usually just as anal about the quality of their cases as I am, so I'm getting like new titles for pretty cheap most of the time. Got John Wick: Chapter 2 for only $13, when I'm seeing it sold for $25 at most retailers. I can't complain about that.

I often look for bargains and second hand BD does not bother me on occasion, I have always been lucky with my purchases so far. I am the same I want BD's cases in perfect condition.

Right there with you. They needn't be pristine and perfect, but I don't want them looking torn and rugged, either. At the end of the day, I just want to ensure I'm getting a good deal alongside a disc that isn't dented to shreds and will manage to play for as long as I own it.

I display most of my films in my movie room, my boxsets are ornaments to me they need to look good. I do shop around online as much as I can, I used to deal in antiques and collectables so I like a good deal

Can't blame you there, I'm sure the film collection you've amassed is stunning!

It's got out of hand, I have had to box up hundreds of DVDs to make room for my hundreds of Blurays been thinking of trying to sell my DVD collection bar a few that I am unlikely to get on Bluray.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Fire_And_Ice_Returns, that's likely your best way of selling all those DVD's, too, as a massive collection. Unless you have the luck of taking them to a place like FYE and trading them in, but the only issue there is they'd definitely shaft you and give you hardly anything per film.
    @Fire_And_Ice_Returns, that's likely your best way of selling all those DVD's, too, as a massive collection. Unless you have the luck of taking them to a place like FYE and trading them in, but the only issue there is they'd definitely shaft you and give you hardly anything per film.

True I have found a few places online that give ok prices, some of my DVD are not easy to get hold of and they will also pick up items from my home.
    1812079-monty-pythons-holy-trinity-blu-ray-movies-0.jpg

Been looking at this for a while it's an import so not sure how the BD menu will be presented, this I found £10 New so worth the gamble.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    superman-the-movie-extended-cut-blu-ray.jpg?itok=EH3xo14Q
    OMG I'm SO looking forward to three hours of my favourite superhero film....
  • chrisisall wrote: »

Yeah, but one of those hours is the commercials. ;)
    chrisisall wrote: »
    superman-the-movie-extended-cut-blu-ray.jpg?itok=EH3xo14Q

Has it just been released in the States the 3 hour version of Superman The Movie?

Edited: Just checked Amazon it's available in the UK

Yeah, but one of those hours is the commercials. ;)

Nope! ;)
    Just ordered the Superman The Movie Extended Cut £24 though as one Amazon review put it, it's the holy grail. The HD added scenes are seamless and the quality matches the rest of the film... That sold it to me.
    Just ordered the Superman The Movie Extended Cut £24 though as one Amazon review put it, it's the holy grail. The HD added scenes are seamless and the quality matches the rest of the film... That sold it to me.
    I never thought to see this again in quality video.... *bows to Warner Archive*
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Well, I'm really excited for you boys.

When @Shark_0f_Largo posted the news on the Superman thread it took me by surprise, I probably watched the TV version as a kid in the 80's though I can't remember. I have looked through the majority of the extended scenes in below SD quality, there are some great moments being added. My copy arrives on the 24th which is my day off work.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

When @Shark_0f_Largo posted the news on the Superman thread it took me by surprise, I probably watched the TV version as a kid in the 80's though I can't remember. I have looked through the majority of the extended scenes in below SD quality, there are some great moments being added. My copy arrives on the 24th which is my day off work.

Between this and the news about Batman: The Animated Series coming to blu-ray, it's hard to be disappointed.

Between this and the news about Batman: The Animated Series coming to blu-ray, it's hard to be disappointed.

Agree these are the standard bearer's both iconic interpretations, my movie room is littered with Superman and Batman memorabilia.

superman-the-movie-1978,mg0080818.jpg?mw=540&mh=380&max=540

I have a 3 foot plus canvas print of the above image next to my TV, though with a white background/border not black.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, that's a great poster. Simple, but effective.

With the BTAS news, it also makes me wonder if we'll ever seen the Superman TV show, Batman Beyond or the Justice League series on blu-ray in the coming years. For now though, I'm happy my favorite is coming within a year.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 it's one of the original images for the film, I bought it 15 - 20 years ago. I kept it away from sunlight so colours still look good.

The other animated DC TV shows I think may get the BD treatment as I think BTAS will sell well, and hopefully a few DC movies on the horizon will create greater interest, hopefully. I would definitely buy Justice League/Justice League Unlimited.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 it's one of the original images for the film, I bought it 15 - 20 years ago. I kept it away from sunlight so colours still look good.

The other animated DC TV shows I think may get the BD treatment as I think BTAS will sell well, and hopefully a few DC movies on the horizon will create greater interest, hopefully. I would definitely buy Justice League/Justice League Unlimited.

If JL didn't get it I wouldn't mind, as it's all on Netflix. But for years I was shocked BTAS wasn't streaming on there and I wasn't going to get Amazon too just to watch the aged versions of the episodes, hoping a remaster was coming in a few years. It's great to know it's coming, and I can't wait to run through the show when it releases.

If JL didn't get it I wouldn't mind, as it's all on Netflix. But for years I was shocked BTAS wasn't streaming on there and I wasn't going to get Amazon too just to watch the aged versions of the episodes, hoping a remaster was coming in a few years. It's great to know it's coming, and I can't wait to run through the show when it releases.

I have had Amazon Prime instant video for 3 or 4 years they are really good with DC content, I watched the later seasons of BTAS on there as I only had the first two seasons on DVD, the UK and USA seasons are configured differently for BTAS also. When I think about I think every DC animated series and movie has been available to watch on Amazon, which is good as Justice League War is a rip off on BD here lol

Yeah I almost bought the recent BTAS new DVD boxset, glad I held off on that.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, is the Superman animated series on there? I never hear it talked about, if it is.
    Just checked on my tablet currently Superman Animated Series seasons 1 - 3 are on there to rent or buy only, I have not watched them on Amazon not entirely sure if that show has been on Prime, everything else has though I watched all the JLA on Prime and the underrated Beware the Batman and The Batman to name a few.

On a night shift brain is tired lol
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

Am I the only one who thinks this film is somewhat overrated? It's enjoyable but…
    718vMVZzoJL._SY445_.jpg

Given that the bad programming of TF1 made me miss half of the season, and that my local mall hadn't received Wonder Woman yet, I decided to buy myself the DVD set.
    Gerard wrote: »
    718vMVZzoJL._SY445_.jpg

Given that the bad programming of TF1 made me miss half of the season, and that my local mall hadn't received Wonder Woman yet, I decided to buy myself the DVD set.

I have that. Great season!
    Supergirl Season one was decent just watched season three premier, the show seems to have dipped in quality since it moved to CW.
    Supergirl Season one was decent just watched season three premier, the show seems to have dipped in quality since it moved to CW.

It got less coherent. I still like it for Melissa.

It got less coherent. I still like it for Melissa.

Yeah she is pretty and good casting for the role of Kara, I like the continued tradition of past Superman show actors showing up.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Supergirl movie was pretty bad. Haven t seen the tv show.