The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    @peter I like TIH too. I thought Norton was a great Banner and reminded me of the TV show version and I like the look of the Hulk in it. However, I am satisfied with what we got from Ruffalo. Still though, I wonder what the Avengers would be like had Norton been brought back?
    Blu-ray
    Lost boys
    Tomorrow never dies
    XXX
    The living daylights
    Ladyhawk
    Nightmare before Christmas
    Spartacus
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, is your Best Buy having a lot of deals on Blu-rays to get itself cleaned out before the close? Could be a great time to get some nice deals.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    @QsAssistant you have some good items there, especially the Gotham Knight book.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, is your Best Buy having a lot of deals on Blu-rays to get itself cleaned out before the close? Could be a great time to get some nice deals.

To be honest not sure where the nearest Best Buy is to me
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, sorry, I confused your comment and the one @QsAssistant made because he was right after you.

@QsAssistant, I meant to ask you if there were going to be any deals in your local Best Buy's last weeks, as you could find some great movies on the cheap.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Got my 4K steelbook of Atomic Blonde paid off and ready for infinite watching come November.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Since this is its last week open I'm sure there are some big discounts. For the most part all the good movies are cleared out. I was in there a few days ago and they had the steel books of Band of Brothers and The Pacific for $17.99 apiece, they're usually about $40. I'm kind of regretting not picking them up.
    It's going to be an odd feeling not going there to pick up newly released films, as that was my go to store. I'll have to go to my local Target to pick up Spider-Man: Homecoming today.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    WILD_GEESE_2D_BD.jpg?fit=450%2C567

Another Arrow Bluray to add to my collection
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Nice! :D

It was the British Expendables in the 1970s.
    Nice! :D

It was the British Expendables in the 1970s.

It's probably my favourite none Bond Sir Roger film, Arrow tend to do very good extras on there Blurays also, there are bound to be some good cast interviews
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, at this rate you should qualify to be a stockholder in Arrow from all the business you've given them!
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, at this rate you should qualify to be a stockholder in Arrow from all the business you've given them!

It's only my 7th I think though I probably have more Arrow releases than I realise, they really do make great Blurays

It's only my 7th I think though I probably have more Arrow releases than I realise, they really do make great Blurays

They do seem cool; wish I saw them around in the states!
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,420

They are advertised as UK exclusive releases, I am unsure if any are Region free I'll check

Edited: http://regionfreemovies.com/studio/Arrow_Films
    Spider-Man: Homecoming
    91hi1TaZnZL._SX342_.jpg

My favorite Spider-Man movie and it has one of my favorite villains of the MCU.
    Bought both John Wick installments on 4K. I'm sure they'll look amazing.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

They do have an Arrow Video US arm to their business - and in fact they have some (due to licensing issues) US exclusives too! Big fan of Arrow Video and my collection has increased somewhat this year…waiting now for the Spec Ed of The Thing and in December Spec Ed of Carrie, awesome boxsets the pair of 'em.
    @Lancaster007, the Arrow version of The Thing looks very cool. I've never tried out any of their releases (was always a Criterion man myself, for a while, anyway), but the artwork always looks stellar for them.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    All on dvd:

1002004000087262.jpg
    Insomnia (2002) € 1,00

1002004006045170.jpg
    We Own the Night (2007) € 1,00

addf8b50-f51c-012e-afd7-0050569439b1.jpg
    Lord Of War (2005) - 2 disc SE Steelbook. € 1,75.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

You got yourself a 4K TV I see, what TV did you get?

Finally! It's nothing special, a Vizio 55" 4K TV. Wish I could've gone bigger and better but that's all I was really hoping to spend on one. Still looks stellar and even better than my HDTV, but I haven't been able to enjoy the full capacity of it without a 4K movie. Just picked up The Fifth Element and Leon the Professional in 4K, too.

Finally! It's nothing special, a Vizio 55" 4K TV. Wish I could've gone bigger and better but that's all I was really hoping to spend on one. Still looks stellar and even better than my HDTV, but I haven't been able to enjoy the full capacity of it without a 4K movie. Just picked up The Fifth Element and Leon the Professional in 4K, too.

That's good I got a LG 50 inch after I had had it for two weeks I wish I had bought a bigger screen, I just move my movie chair closer when watching 4K content. Good choice of films, what price are Ultra HD Blurays in the States?

That's good I got a LG 50 inch after I had had it for two weeks I wish I had bought a bigger screen, I just move my movie chair closer when watching 4K content. Good choice of films, what price are Ultra HD Blurays in the States?

I've read online that the quality actually gets worse the closer you sit. It's typically dark in my room, which seems to help even further.

It varies, but some of them are outrageously expensive. I've been wanting the original Blade Runner and Mad Max: Fury Road, but I'm not shelling out $35 plus just for an upgrade of one film.

I've read online that the quality actually gets worse the closer you sit. It's typically dark in my room, which seems to help even further.

It varies, but some of them are outrageously expensive. I've been wanting the original Blade Runner and Mad Max: Fury Road, but I'm not shelling out $35 plus just for an upgrade of one film.

I have a movie room I read roughly 8 feet away is about right for my TV, I just move the chair about until I am happy with the picture. Some downloadable 4K content I have paid £22, UHD Bluray for BvS is now £19 prices will drop the more people upgrade. I think the World Cup next year could see a boom in 4K TV sales

I have a movie room I read roughly 8 feet away is about right for my TV, I just move the chair about until I am happy with the picture. Some downloadable 4K content I have paid £22, UHD Bluray for BvS is now £19 prices will drop the more people upgrade. I think the World Cup next year could see a boom in 4K TV sales

I've been frequenting blu-ray forums to get them much cheaper (albeit used). Everyone that sells in those forums is usually just as anal about the quality of their cases as I am, so I'm getting like new titles for pretty cheap most of the time. Got John Wick: Chapter 2 for only $13, when I'm seeing it sold for $25 at most retailers. I can't complain about that.

I've been frequenting blu-ray forums to get them much cheaper (albeit used). Everyone that sells in those forums is usually just as anal about the quality of their cases as I am, so I'm getting like new titles for pretty cheap most of the time. Got John Wick: Chapter 2 for only $13, when I'm seeing it sold for $25 at most retailers. I can't complain about that.

I often look for bargains and second hand BD does not bother me on occasion, I have always been lucky with my purchases so far. I am the same I want BD's cases in perfect condition.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    The last movie I bought...is seldom the last movie I watched, and hardly ever a recent movie. Just tonight I watched sort of the last-but-one movie I bought, but it warrants mentioning here: It is ffolkes, aka North Sea Hijack, aka Assault Force made in 1979 with Sir Roger himself as Rufus Excalibur ffolkes (two small f's), a cat-loving, misogynistic, alcoholic eccentric ultimately foiling the plot of some (non-political) terrorists to blow up North Sea platforms unless being paid a ransom of GBP 25m (in 1979!). From the Bond movies, we have (besides Rog of course) David Hedison (two-time Felix), George Baker (Sir Hilary Bray from OHMSS, a NASA engineer in YOLT, and Capt. Benson in TSWLM), George Leech (minor roles in GF, TB, OHMSS, TSWLM and FYEO), Richard Graydon (actor and stunt double in everything from GF to AVTAK) and probably a few others I haven't identified yet. General feeling: Rog portrays an even more eccentric (and more misogynistic) version of his Bond, with a beard, while always remaining Rog. But a fun movie anyway. Honorable mention goes to (non-Bond actors) James Mason as a British admiral and Anthony Perkins as the criminal mastermind, who is relatively sane compared to Norman Bates. Plus a lot of cute cats :-).

I often look for bargains and second hand BD does not bother me on occasion, I have always been lucky with my purchases so far. I am the same I want BD's cases in perfect condition.

Right there with you. They needn't be pristine and perfect, but I don't want them looking torn and rugged, either. At the end of the day, I just want to ensure I'm getting a good deal alongside a disc that isn't dented to shreds and will manage to play for as long as I own it.

Right there with you. They needn't be pristine and perfect, but I don't want them looking torn and rugged, either. At the end of the day, I just want to ensure I'm getting a good deal alongside a disc that isn't dented to shreds and will manage to play for as long as I own it.

I display most of my films in my movie room, my boxsets are ornaments to me they need to look good. I do shop around online as much as I can, I used to deal in antiques and collectables so I like a good deal
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    WILD_GEESE_2D_BD.jpg?fit=450%2C567

Another Arrow Bluray to add to my collection

I’ve never even heard of that film but it has my interest. Whats the consensus -should I check it out at some point ?