The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisisall wrote: »
    You need to get on that
    Being nosy? ;)

Just trying to reacquaint you with a film you need to see more of. ;) We should make a pact, where every time I watch Blade Runner you must watch Chinatown. There's a lot of cuts of Blade Runner out there though, so maybe we should only count the final cut or theatrical version (or your preferred international cut) to save you a lot of rewatches of Chinatown. ;)

You missed my reference! ;) Gittes is a nosy guy. heh heh

That was just an apropos comment to make, so I didn't really see what you were playing at from the start.

But yes, a nosy fellow he is.
    tumblr_n6oy6h6fnj1s39hlao3_r1_500.gif
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    91I2JspDFLL._RI_.jpg

Just bought this in HD digital Download, not seen it yet so quite excited because of the buzz around the film.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, hope you enjoy it!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Hoping to watch it today though not sure I can fit it in, cheers my brother raves about it he is a DC and Marvel fan.

Hoping to watch it today though not sure I can fit it in, cheers my brother raves about it he is a DC and Marvel fan.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns, all I can say is that I was very moved by it, in many respects. I know you like the character, so I think you'll be pleased with how Diana is realized.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    just pre-ordered Arrow Video's 4k version of Brian de Palma's Carrie. Love this film, love Sissy. This release is limited to 5000 copies, so I had to make sure I got mine. Release includes, blu-ray, 60-page book, lobby cards, poster and a raft of extras! Hoping that it will also include a CD of the soundtrack.
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,418

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns, all I can say is that I was very moved by it, in many respects. I know you like the character, so I think you'll be pleased with how Diana is realized.

My eyes welled up a few times, Gal was amazing.
    just pre-ordered Arrow Video's 4k version of Brian de Palma's Carrie. Love this film, love Sissy. This release is limited to 5000 copies, so I had to make sure I got mine. Release includes, blu-ray, 60-page book, lobby cards, poster and a raft of extras! Hoping that it will also include a CD of the soundtrack.

Arrow are knocking it out of the park I have six of there Bluray releases so far...
    Remo
    Who Dares Wins
    To Live And Die In L.A.
    Dornie Darko
    Lifeforce
    invasion of the Body Snatchers

I am a big De Palma fan I'll have to have a look at Carrie
    51UhPcOv10L._SY300_.jpg

Just pre ordered Wonder Woman Film Book Bluray.

Arrow are knocking it out of the park I have six of there Bluray releases so far...
    Remo
    Who Dares Wins
    To Live And Die In L.A.
    Dornie Darko
    Lifeforce

Got the last two in that list. All my de Palma Arrow releases are ace, but this Carrie release is awesome. They certainly know how to do a decent package. Got the spec. ed. of The Thing coming end of October (birthday present to myself), really looking forward to that!

Remo
    Who Dares Wins
    To Live And Die In L.A.
    Dornie Darko
    Lifeforce

Got the last two in that list. All my de Palma Arrow releases are ace, but this Carrie release is awesome. They certainly know how to do a decent package. Got the spec. ed. of The Thing coming end of October (birthday present to myself), really looking forward to that!

I noticed there were also Raising Cain, Sisters, The Fury, Obsession, Body Double, Blow out I have all those films some on HD though it's inevitable I'll get them on Arrow release, Arrow are some of the best Bluray out there.The Thing is must will be a Christmas present to self
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited September 2017 Posts: 4,043
    I imported the Shout version of The Thing thinking it was going be the definitive version but it seems Arrow are going to trump their 2K scan with a new 4K scan approved by Carpenter himself.

I've preordered it again, not needing the steel book I'm not fussed, the Shout version is a definite improvement on the Universal one currently available in the UK so if Arrow have improved on this, then their version of Carpenter's masterpiece should be remarkable.

Remo
    Who Dares Wins
    To Live And Die In L.A.
    Dornie Darko
    Lifeforce

I noticed there were also Raising Cain, Sisters, The Fury, Obsession, Body Double, Blow out I have all those films some on HD though it's inevitable I'll get them on Arrow release, Arrow are some of the best Bluray out there.The Thing is must will be a Christmas present to self

If you substitute Dressed to Kill for Body Double then you'd be right, BD isn't an Arrow Release, but DTK is (and is the only Arrow/de Palma I don't have, as I already have a region free release - but may get the Arrow release and sell my existing blu-ray). Also by Arrow is the fantastic Phantom of the Paradise, another cracker from the boys at Arrow.

Remo
    Who Dares Wins
    To Live And Die In L.A.
    Dornie Darko
    Lifeforce

If you substitute Dressed to Kill for Body Double then you'd be right, BD isn't an Arrow Release, but DTK is (and is the only Arrow/de Palma I don't have, as I already have a region free release - but may get the Arrow release and sell my existing blu-ray). Also by Arrow is the fantastic Phantom of the Paradise, another cracker from the boys at Arrow.

Arrow have built a good catalog of cult movies... This is not Arrow though a good watch for fans, it's currently on Amazon Instant Video

DePalma2.jpg
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, haven't seen the de Palma doc, but would love too. I don't do any subscription TV so I guess I'll have to see it on standard TV sometime.
    BD
    Commando
    Ladyhawk
    91pcSmGJqBL._SX342_.jpg

51DC1E%2BfwlL._SX342_.jpg

raven.jpg

51Gm99ZCAiL._SX342_.jpg

81QnEeqga3L._SX522_.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    10902365-1406115839-941214.jpg
    10950405-1403271516-60430.jpg
    91SJ8Q3cm6L._SY445_.jpg
    812kok8IlhL._SY550_.jpg

30925_front.jpg

37309_front.jpg

71h7TH4WdhL._SX342_.jpg

45346_medium.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS88khXVsjw9kqx8xYdR_WX8eSUv1RtSlF4ze7TYwotbh8usibO

I have only seen this film once, saw it cheap on Bluray
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    COC-NWP.png

Can't wait.
    HMV have a Arrow Video 5 for £30 sale on - so bought, on blu-ray
    Dressed To Kill - (1980) de Palma
    Contamination - (1980) Luigi Cozzi
    The House by the Cemetery - (1981) Lucio Fulci
    Deadly Blessing - (1981) Wes Craven
    Hellraiser - (1987) Clive Barker
    That'll fill out my Arrow Video collection nicely - and as it's my birthday soon, hopefully get a couple more on the day!
    HMV have a Arrow Video 5 for £30 sale on - so bought, on blu-ray
    Dressed To Kill - (1980) de Palma
    Contamination - (1980) Luigi Cozzi
    The House by the Cemetery - (1981) Lucio Fulci
    Deadly Blessing - (1981) Wes Craven
    Hellraiser - (1987) Clive Barker
    That'll fill out my Arrow Video collection nicely - and as it's my birthday soon, hopefully get a couple more on the day!

I think I'll have to pay the nearest HMV a visit on Thursday
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    $_58.JPG
    ART832DVD.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    DEnaaeO.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited October 2017 Posts: 17,691
    91M-GC3kHWL._SL1500_.jpg
    91M-GC3kHWL._SL1500_.jpg

That looks like David Vincent on the cover, not familiar with the film
    91M-GC3kHWL._SL1500_.jpg

Great film, saw it when I was a wee boy. Made by Gerry Anderson I think. Well worth a viewing.
    91M-GC3kHWL._SL1500_.jpg

Great film, saw it when I was a wee boy. Made by Gerry Anderson I think. Well worth a viewing.

Is it the actor from The Invaders TV show?
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 5,822
    Indeed. Roy Thinnes. Saw the movie, and loved it. Very interesting variation on the "Twin Earth" concept.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Gerard wrote: »
    Indeed. Roy Thinnes. Saw the movie, and loved it. Very interesting variation on the "Twin Earth" concept.

A neat little flick with a little head-trippyness thrown in to make it a teensy tiny bit like 2001... nice FX, good music....
    Wal-Mart has a lot of special editions of horror/Halloween type films out for this season, with specially designed covers. I picked up Young Frankenstein and From Hell (I couldn't find the cover for that blu-ray online, however):
    Screen-Shot-2017-08-31-at-9.04.22-AM.jpg?w=996&h=1178&crop
    416946Q8RzL._SY445_.jpg

61syoo0lqfL.jpg
    A Halloween favorite from my childhood, new to blu-ray. I've watched this so many times, but always get a nostalgia kick from it.

Mannix_Complete_e.jpg

I had never heard about this show before, but I saw it for a low price for the entire 98 episodes of the first 4 seasons and saw that it was a detective show from the 60s/70s, right up my alley.

@ClarkDevlin seems to be an expert of a lot of old 50s-70s shows, so maybe he could give me an idea of what to expect from this show.