No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yeah, let's keep politics out of this thread. We don't need another war and hair-pulling scandals. We have enough argumentative flames to turn off in this forums and we don't have enough water supplies for it.
    ggl007 wrote: »

Likely bs but Uhm if not

NOOOOOO NOT ANOTHER S WORD TITLE
    Like good old (and sadly the late) Roger would've said: "What a load of bull!"
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Risico007 wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »

Likely bs but Uhm if not

NOOOOOO NOT ANOTHER S WORD TITLE

Where would the telegraph have gotten that information from? Croatian Media? Or their own sources?
    This Croatia nonsense is FAKE NEWS. They won't be filming Bond 25 in Croatia this winter becasue they won't be filming Bond 25 ANYWHERE this winter.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    AIl67ub.gif

That is what happens when you eat too many Sherbert UFO's, and wash it down with a litre of cola. ;)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Things are shaping up. Mendes back, Craig back, P+W back, Newman back, Shatterhand used as title.

Yes, this is the standard "play it safe" option, which is how EON usually take these Bond tenures. So much for "letting Craig end on a high"...

Bring on Bond 26.
    If Mendes and the Skyfall team are back, then I'll take a five year anesthetic and fall asleep until the time comes there'd be a proper Bond film in the field. Can't endure another Mendes Bond movie made of sappy melodrama.
    There's no way for me to know for sure if Mendes (assuming he returns) will come up with his best Bond ever or his worst. So I will choose to be as unassuming as I can if he returns. However, I'm definitely worried about the crew playing it too safe and resulting in a "meh" or worse Bond film. I'm a big fan of SF, but every Craig film after CR was just unable to reach that level of excitement and quality. Craig's been a great Bond; it would be a pity if his final Bond outing is anything less than great.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Things are shaping up. Mendes back, Craig back, P+W back, Newman back, Shatterhand used as title.

Yes, this is the standard "play it safe" option, which is how EON usually take these Bond tenures. So much for "letting Craig end on a high"...

Bring on Bond 26.

The question is, while they may not voice it, are all involved aware of SPECTRE’s shortcomings? And that for many they missed the mark; or, do they see it as a strong film on which to build?

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    FoxRox wrote: »
    There's no way for me to know for sure if Mendes (assuming he returns) will come up with his best Bond ever or his worst. So I will choose to be as unassuming as I can if he returns. However, I'm definitely worried about the crew playing it too safe and resulting in a "meh" or worse Bond film. I'm a big fan of SF, but every Craig film after CR was just unable to reach that level of excitement and quality. Craig's been a great Bond; it would be a pity if his final Bond outing is anything less than great.

I think it's time we just accept it, rather than spending our time worrying whether it "might" be a possibility. I think I speak for the majority, if slim majority, of fans on here when I say that we are simply tired of the Mendes style, whether it is executed well or poorly. The Craig era was complete after Skyfall (and I'm no fan of SF, but it at least felt timely) and SP just felt like wrapping things up. There really isn't an extra chapter to tell by now, and the 4 year wait is just another kick in the teeth of the fans. The likelihood is that Bond 25 will continue the post SF slump, or at best be the same level as SPECTRE. I think EON are looking for another 800+ million global haul before Craig goes. They always seem to push things one film too far.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2017 Posts: 10,586

Bring on Bond 26.
    ??

More than half the stuff you listed is completely unsubstantiated. Mendes likely won't be back (neither will Newman), and that Shatterhand title is tabloid BS.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    We are stuck with Mendes 4 lyfe.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

Bring on Bond 26.

the one difference here, is that John Logan wont be back - and it was his lousy writing that got him sacked, and sent the whole SP pre-production into a tizzy...

i'd hate to say it, but with P&W, there is some stability.. then whoever is brought on to direct, if it IS Mendes, may likely turn to Jez Butterworth again to rewrite and polish what P&W did.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2017 Posts: 4,399
    We are stuck with Mendes 4 lyfe.

EON, Craig, Newman, and Mendes be like..

WJ_nkP.gif

Maybe Mendes wants to end on a better note than Spectre. I can see him being really motivated for this and yes Logan won’t be back. That’s a huge key here
  • I happen to think that Mendes on his very top is still not sufficient for Bond ( or any other action or suspense thriller for that matter ).
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    James Bond Live on Twitter just tweeted that Paul McGuigan has definitely ruled himself out of B25 because “they’re in a different place.” Whatever that means.
    Creative differences, perhaps?
    No, he means it literally. McGuigan is in Scotland and the others are in England.
    So, Bond lent him the Skyfall lodge, then? ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Does anybody really believe this McGuigan chap had a realistic shot at it? I never paid attention to those rumours that were doing the rounds earlier in the year. He had as much of a shot as director as Jamie Bell did as actor imho.
    vzok wrote: »
    AIl67ub.gif

Bond's first attempts at creating a Vesper were not altogether successful.

VomitCapCon!

Okay, it's like 85 degrees here, but I'll get my coat.
    So potential Bond 25 directors from most likely to least likely (right now):

1. Sam Mendes
    2. Yann Demange
    3. Denis Villeneuve
    4. David Mackenzie
    5. Steven Soderbergh

Agree? Disagree?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I don't think Sam is the likeliest candidate at all.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 15,423
    These are the ones we know of. Then again, there could be a director who's not given a highlight, and might pop up out of nowhere with the official announcement. Although, given Craig's skills of persuasion, what if Villeneuve was actually the director? He's the likeliest, in my opinion.
    Villeneuve is not likely in my opinion, based on what he has said in the media about schedules. The news is already baked in and there is no surprise factor left.

Mendes, Demange, MacKenzie in that order or a surprise.

I don't think Soderbergh is an option given where he's at career wise.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited November 2017 Posts: 16,328
    As unlikely as it is, I'm hoping for Campbell.
    But, for all we know, Dune might not come out until after 2020. If it's his baby, I'm guessing he'll invest a lot of time to it. Bond on the other hand is an easier project and he's not the screenwriter. Reports have indicated that Craig was very "keen" on getting Villeneuve to direct the next installment.
    But, for all we know, Dune might not come out until after 2020. If it's his baby, I'm guessing he'll invest a lot of time to it. Bond on the other hand is an easier project and he's not the screenwriter. Reports have indicated that Craig was very "keen" on getting Villeneuve to direct the next installment.
    I realize that. I still say no Villeneuve for B25. I never thought it was all that likely once it leaked although I had fun speculating about it here over the past month or so.