No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    @Jeffrey, who's laughing? This is seriously an awesome idea... can't you see Rory in the tux, behind the wheel of the DB5, Mendes back to direct, Craig back to produce.

Three words, my friend:

Sure. Fire. Hit.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    edited October 2017 Posts: 308
    peter wrote: »
    @Jeffrey, who's laughing? This is seriously an awesome idea... can't you see Rory in the tux, behind the wheel of the DB5, Mendes back to direct, Craig back to produce.

Three words, my friend:

Sure. Fire. Hit.

Haha, there will be fire all right.

But you you've got me convinced. What's left is to hire Newman and make sure he reuses the SF and SP soundtracks as much as he can.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Thank you @Jeffrey for understanding that I think this is probably the brightest and most sophisticated and "adult" idea ever floated on this site.

And yes, Newman has that "little" something, doesn't he? Not even Barry had "it". But this Newman does have "it" and does have "it" in spades.

I accept your idea entering into my idea: bring Newman back!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Get Michel Legrand to collab with Newman. ;)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I have no idea who the hell Legrand is, @Murdock, but, since I trust you, bring him on to...

Don't tell anyone Murdock, but I'm seriously, seriously SERIOUSLY considering starting my own film company pretty soon. Start my own Bond franchise. Seriously. If it's this easy, Murdock, you, me, and everyone on this forum can drown EoN and make Bond adventures as they were meant to be seen: Rory Kinnear, suiting up as Tanner, as Bond, Codename: James Bond 007.

@Murdock , can I hear a hallelujah and an AMEN...
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I just want a gay gender swapping arab black bond. And the villain this time is..... conservatism
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @JamesBondKenya -- you must be reading my mind... This is the kind of creativity missing from EoN.

I love it! Keep it coming. I'm actually on the second draft of the script!!
    I personally hope that B25 finally brings the code name theory to the front and center of the story:

Pre-title sequence will see Bond on a dangerous mission where the villain actually gets the upper hand and seriously wounds 007. Leaving him unconscious and in a puddle of his own blood, the theme song, performed by Justin Beiber, and main credits start up.

After this, we OPEN on a hospital. We will find MP, Q Tanner and M surrounding Bond, who, apparently, is on life support. And right there, in the company of his best friends, Bond actually dies.... Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeee goes the life support, and, off their forlorn faces, and MP's tears, we CUT TO-

M's office where, leaning over his desk, M speaks into his intercom, telling Moneypenny that 007 can now enter.

The leather door opens, and, strutting in like a dangerous panther, just oozing charisma, sex and danger, is...

... Bill Tanner, as the new Codename: James Bond, 007....

Tell me that wouldn't take an audience by surprise?

Also starring Michael Kitchen as Kincade
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Hmmm, I'm sorry @mattjoes, I just don't think Kitchen has the edge to what I'm looking for in Kincade.

I honestly think having Ursula Andress, in drag, has the edge and scottish sexiness I need in this role.
    Hmmm, I'm sorry @mattjoes, I just don't think Kitchen has the edge to what I'm looking for in Kincade.

I honestly think having Ursula Andress, in drag, has the edge and scottish sexiness I need in this role.

Isn't she too obvious a choice?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @mattjoes, you may be right...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Sorry chaps, but isn't this considered spamming?
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    bondjames wrote: »
    Sorry chaps, but isn't this considered spamming?

Yeah, time to get back on topic.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It's time they announced the distributors.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,883
    It's time they announced the distributors.
    I can't understand why they would 'hold back on it' as some have speculated. It doesn't make sense, since the distributors aren't really the big deal to the majority of Joe Public and the fans. Nobody even asks them about it. The director is the big deal.

So I really think they haven't got it locked down as of yet. They will announce as soon as they have it done.

Unless they've got a backup in the wings which they are leaning towards (Sony) if the bigger deal with a newbie doesn't pan out.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,423
    What I don't understand is, how are they able to announce a release date without a distributor when they themselves aren't the distributors? Isn't that the distributor's job?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It isn t set in stone.
    It isn t set in stone.
    The release date?
    What I don't understand is, how are they able to announce a release date without a distributor when they themselves aren't the distributors? Isn't that the distributor's job?
    I've said it before, but the release date is just a 'marker' imho. Release dates move all the time. They're just staking their turf. During the negotiations with various parties, the prospective release date is most definitely a discussion item. So they locked it down pre-emptively given the competition in the market. Makes sense. Now they back fit into that date. I'm sure the main parties are all on side about that date so it's really moot.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    We only have a US date, don't we? They could premiere it 2 weeks early.
    The European premiere will probably be in October, as has been the case for the last three films.
    I believe they announced the US date and said it would debut in European markets a few weeks earlier as is traditionally the case.

There is one other item which we have not considered. Traditionally, the distribution deal is for all major MGM releases, and not just 007. There is a possibility that this deal is 007 specific for some reason and a 'one off'. Alternatively, given the new suitors on the table (Apple is investing $1bn just this year in content and has locked down a deal recently with Spielberg and Amblin Entertainment) it is possibly far more transformative. All of this is potentially what is causing the delay. There are new business models on the negotiating table, most likely.
    If Apple locks a deal, then we can all be damn sure Bond will be using the latest iPhone in the film.
    No doubt. Craig has no problem with that apparently. It's the Sony phone he had a problem with.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    And instead of Moneypenny, we'll have Siri.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Which is funny, because I personally think Sony Xperia is galaxies better than iPhone. And come to think of it, Bond would never use an operating system as simplistic as iOS. This comes from someone who used at least two iPhones.
    And instead of Moneypenny, we'll have Siri.
    Give me Cortana any day. ;)
    Wouldn t Bond in reality use the phone least likely to be hacked?
    Hmm... reading that article, Naomie says she and Craig have "the greatest chemistry on the screen". I see the exact opposite of it. Her Moneypenny and Craig's Bond try but don't succeed in developing that "chemistry". I don't see it at all.
    I was under the impression that the Blackberry OS was still the most secure.
    Give me Cortana any day. ;)
    The Microsoft Windows phone platform is solid. I like it a lot, but they were too late to the game.
    Hmm... reading that article, Naomie says she and Craig have "the greatest chemistry on the screen". I see the exact opposite of it. Her Moneypenny and Craig's Bond try but don't succeed in developing that "chemistry". I don't see it at all.
    Agreed. It's just b/s.