No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

I'd do anything to see this look being retained for Bond. He looks too damn good here.
    Poor Craig! He is drowning in that suit.

Yeah, I agree. I recall that Lindy Hemming was still costume designer then....and she forgot that Brosnan left the role.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    These is the finest suits Craig wore.
    fa33f80e7f6c8d156df1672f102dc4da.jpg
    cf724e8caebc210a67cea9eadb58aff7--daniel-craig-james-bond-daniel-oconnell.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Now THAT is a proper three piece suit. You could see the waistcoat completing the suit, not leaving gaps where the shirt from underneath and the belt are easily seen to a level there's no point in wearing a waistcoat.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I'm probably one of the few that digs the Tom Ford look. I love their suits, and I like the slim style on Craig. To me it's clean looking compared to the baggy look of the suits in CR. Then again, I've come to learn that suiting style/fit is extremely subjective.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 3,000
    Zekidk wrote: »
    CrzChris4 wrote: »
    I recall P&W saying their original SPECTRE ending had Bond leaving Swann and walking alone towards the MI6 staff on the bridge.
    In the 1st script they said their goodbyes right after Bond meets with 'M' and 'Q' in a military building in London after Morroco. They changed all that in the final script.
    The earliest script I've read had Madeleine maneuvering over Blofeld with an ambulance truck or something. Bond succeeds in killing him and departs with Madeleine.

That would have been a much better ending. Did that version still have Blofeld's pilot forgetting that helicopters don't have to follow rivers while being shot at?
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    edited August 2017 Posts: 732
    Did that version still have Blofeld's pilot forgetting that helicopters don't have to follow rivers while being shot at?
    LOL!! The third act of SP is way more silly than MR ever was. I hope they have and take their time to really polish the script (and no leaks this time)

SeanCraig wrote: »
    Did that version still have Blofeld's pilot forgetting that helicopters don't have to follow rivers while being shot at?
    LOL!! The third act of SP is way more silly than MR ever was. I hope they have and take their time to really polish the script (and no leaks this time)

Indeed. MR is in every way a superior film to SP. I'd even say DAD is superior to SP.

Indeed. MR is in every way a superior film to SP. I'd even say DAD is superior to SP.

Grotesque really. At least the Nine Eyes program actually -unofficially- exists. It's entirely based on reality.

But building a space station outside geostationary orbit (MR) and building a space weapon that can carve out an entire border (DAD) is less silly and more realistic? God, I find that nothing more than an exaggeration.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I'm probably one of the few that digs the Tom Ford look. I love their suits, and I like the slim style on Craig. To me it's clean looking compared to the baggy look of the suits in CR. Then again, I've come to learn that suiting style/fit is extremely subjective.

I agree. This is Daniel Craig, and we live an an era with different fashion standards as those in the 1990's. I just don't see Craig wearing suits that are regular or loose fit. It makes him look like a dwarf in them. Daniel Craig is a relatively short person, so you want to accentuate that in a reversed way, by making him look taller. To do that you want him to wear slim-fit, tailored suits. Like these:
    Daniel+Craig+James+Bond+Movie+Skyfall+takes+Gsq8RJz7FRRl.jpg
    26625df8f58833b104ec6ae60dd15a8a.jpg
    James_Bond_Spectre_Windowpane_Suit__40223_zoom.JPG
    BC-Linen-Blazer-Featured.jpg?resize=800%2C445

Moreover, Daniel Craig's Bond has got rougher edges, so a slightly 'criminal' look looks better on him I think. And that's why I also don't mind a few wrinkles in the used fabrics. That's Tom Ford. Brioni is for oldies like Brosnan. And I think Jany Temime deserves a bit more credit here. Let's move on, Lindy Hemming does other movies now. So please stop this kind of nonsense:
    Spectre-Suit-Corrected-Fit-Blue-Shirt.jpg

By the way, I think Daniel Craig himself, like many other Bond-actors before him, has really developed a wonderful 'Bond' style outside work. It's one of those things where you can see that the actual actors are proud/were proud to be Bond:
    daniel-craig-to-ames-bond-la-ke-trong-nam-khinh-nu.jpg
    daniel-craig-kisses-wife-rachel-weisz-at-spectre-world-premiere-22.jpg
    i23844-5.jpg
    Have to say I like the Tom Ford suit look for DC too. No doubt in the future once a new actor is in the role? We will have yet another change of wardrobe supplier for 007.

I agree. This is Daniel Craig, and we live an an era with different fashion standards as those in the 1990's. I just don't see Craig wearing suits that are regular or loose fit. It makes him look like a dwarf in them. Daniel Craig is a relatively short person, so you want to accentuate that in a reversed way, by making him look taller. To do that you want him to wear slim-fit, tailored suits. Like these:

Moreover, Daniel Craig's Bond has got rougher edges, so a slightly 'criminal' look looks better on him I think. And that's why I also don't mind a few wrinkles in the used fabrics. That's Tom Ford. Brioni is for oldies like Brosnan. And I think Jany Temime deserves a bit more credit here. Let's move on, Lindy Hemming does other movies now. So please stop this kind of nonsense:

By the way, I think Daniel Craig himself, like many other Bond-actors before him, has really developed a wonderful 'Bond' style outside work. It's one of those things where you can see that the actual actors are proud/were proud to be Bond:
    i23844-5.jpg

Especially the way it looks in the first picture we like to call in Germany "Kampfgartenzwerg" (fight garden dwarf so to speak ). No way that looks good, let alone elegant.

i23844-5.jpg

Especially the way it looks in the first picture we like to call in Germany "Kampfgartenzwerg" (fight garden dwarf so to speak ). No way that looks good, let alone elegant.
    Now you'll get called "grotesque", and a thousand more high resolution pictures of Craig wearing Tom Ford will be posted as an invasion of the page's space in attempt to convince you you're wrong. ;)
    edited August 2017 Posts: 3,000

Grotesque really. At least the Nine Eyes program actually -unofficially- exists. It's entirely based on reality.

But building a space station outside geostationary orbit (MR) and building a space weapon that can carve out an entire border (DAD) is less silly and more realistic? God, I find that nothing more than an exaggeration.

I never said more realistic, just better. I consider them better films.

A highly advanced space satellite that is more or less a weapon that carry radar signal jammers so nobody sees it there. If you think for a moment if one thing is realistic in a Bond film and the other isn't, then I don't know what to say. You seriously don't think espionage revolves around surveillance only, do you?

There are loads of WMDs out there far more advanced than revealed to the public. Some class them as "myths" because there is no proof. And those "myths" are so damn heavily guarded they are even ready to kill you for it if you even think about laying a look on the actual existing material.

What? You're going to say that invisible cars are not realistic next? The concept is there, tested and that "adaptive camouflage" I am sure in government hands is far more advanced.

Area 51. Look it up.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 1,162
    Actually the invisible car exists. Just Google" invisible car and Mercedes" and you will see it in a german pedestrian area. I have seen this on German news and they tend to be quite conservative so I really think this is for real. They also use the same technique which is explained by R in the movie

i23844-5.jpg

Now you'll get called "grotesque", and a thousand more high resolution pictures of Craig wearing Tom Ford will be posted as an invasion of the page's space in attempt to convince you you're wrong. ;)

I'm afraid you might be right. Just shows the wisdom of thinking about your actions before you commit them. Well, I'm not too old to learn yet.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Actually the invisible car exists. Just Google" invisible car and Mercedes" and you will see it in a german pedestrian area. I have seen this on German news and they tend to be quite conservative so I really think this is for real. They also use the same technique which is explained by R in the movie
    It does exist. Top Gear made a custom one on a James Bond special episode five years ago.

i23844-5.jpg

I'm afraid you might be right. Just shows the wisdom of thinking about your actions before you commit them. Well, I'm not too old to learn yet.
    You know as the saying goes, "One is never too old to learn from the master, Mister Kidd." :))
    Agreed. Arnold is the second best composer the Bond series ever had.
  • RC7RC7
    Defending the invisible Aston. Anyone else care to go lower?
    I'm not defending it. It doesn't have a point in the film other than showing extreme extravaganza. But to say the concept of that machinery doesn't exist... I believe we were perfectly showcased that in various places.
    Agreed. Arnold is the second best composer the Bond series ever had.

I've been doing a Bondathon recently and just got up to the PB Bonds and CR, and really enjoyed having the David Arnold scores.
    David Arnold single handedly ruined TND. He is the reason CR isn't perfect. If he is back, I'm out.
    David Arnold single handedly ruined TND. He is the reason CR isn't perfect.

giphy.gif
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    David Arnold single handedly ruined TND. He is the reason CR isn't perfect. If he is back, I'm out.
    Out? What do you mean? What if Nolan gets B26?

PS: I'm no Arnold fan either. He's had his five.

Regarding the invisible car - yes it does exist. There was nothing wrong with it conceptually in DAD imho. It was just used poorly in a portion of the film that had already jumped the shark (wave?). So credibility had already been forfeited by this point.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Regarding the invisible car - yes it does exist. There was nothing wrong with it conceptually in DAD imho. It was just used poorly in a portion of the film that had already jumped the shark (wave?). So credibility had already been forfeited by this point.
    +1. Thank you.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 4,619
    @bondjames By out I mean that I won't closely follow the development of that movie (I mean any future Bond movie Arnold is scoring) and won't watch it at the cinema. What if Nolan gets B26? It's simple, it's safe to say he would ask Zimmer to compose the music, and there is 0% chance Nolan would hire Arnold.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    @PanchitoPistoles, thanks for the clarification. Don't you think Arnold improved on CR/QoS though? As I said I think he's beneath this franchise but noticed he was finally getting into a groove during the early Craig era.

I wouldn't mind Zimmer (or one of his disciples, like Jackman) taking on B26.

More than anything I want a new sound for Bond. Nobody can do Barry like Barry and I don't want hacks to try.

You're quite finky, aren't you?
    After two times enduring Newman I should assume that most everybody welcomes Arnold on his knees.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Out? What do you mean? What if Nolan gets B26?

PS: I'm no Arnold fan either. He's had his five.

Admittedly you very much have a point here.