No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited July 2017 Posts: 7,526
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    i have a strange feeling that DC will NOT be returning. I hope I'm wrong, but i think we're about to get new-casting news... Or why not announce:

Daniel Craig will be returning as James Bond 007 on November 8, 2019

I didn't think of it that way. Does seem odd to confirm Purvis & Wade and omit Craig, unless he wasn't returning. Again, time will tell, I suppose.

Good point actually... very interesting. I'm holding out hope for DC still, or if not him, my unpopular choice Mr. Luke Evans :D

EDIT: Variety comments on lack of Craig announcement but says insiders think there's a good chance it's him. Also, B25 will share the date with an untitled Disney fairy tale film. (Edited, not sure if Aladdin or Lion King count as fairy tale films).

http://bit.ly/2tvsMwa
    i have a strange feeling that DC will NOT be returning. I hope I'm wrong, but i think we're about to get new-casting news... Or why not announce:

I didn't think of it that way. Does seem odd to confirm Purvis & Wade and omit Craig, unless he wasn't returning. Again, time will tell, I suppose.

Good point actually... very interesting. I'm holding out hope for DC still, or if not him, my unpopular choice Mr. Luke Evans :D

I'm with you on that one!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Well I'm on the hook as saying I don't think Craig will be back if it's past summer 2019. So I may have to eat humble pie if he chooses to return.

If he steps down I think he will do it before he reaches Rog's milestone, out of courtesy. He seems like that kind of chap.

Otherwise he comes back at 51 to give us a send off film.
    Right now I think Craig is coming back. They're trying to create suspense by waiting to announce his return - in which they will also confirm it is his final Bond outing. I predict Waltz as Blofeld also returns. Besides finding out for sure if Craig or someone else is Bond, I'm most interested to see who the director will be.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 11,119
    GetCarter wrote: »
    Soderburgh would be better than Nolan IMO.

SS has a wonderfully stylish touch that would reinvigorate the dour DC era.

We need more old school charm. Hiring Nolan would be doubling down on bombast.

My only stipulation would be that SS respect the Bond tradition and not bring the auteur.

I think Soderbergh would be extremely logical, since Daniel and Steven worked very closely this year on "Logan Lucky".
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    i think craig is coming back too. And the Release is just pushed back to have all the important players back and make everyones schedule work

If it trully was a new guy, then this would be by far the longest gap between announcement of a new actor and his first movie release. Brosnan had one year, Craig had one year.
    If a new guy is announced this year, it will be 2 years before his movie comes out, and that is ridiculous
    Just by the by, I don't see this McGuigan and Craig in the same film to be honest. They've not worked together before, have they?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    bondjames wrote: »
    Just by the by, I don't see this McGuigan and Craig in the same film to be honest. They've not worked together before, have they?

How is that important?
    Count me among those who think Craig is coming back. There's no resignation from the role, and the search for a new Bond is a global showbusiness event that provides free worldwide publicity for months- as it's been going on unofficially so far- let alone if it became official. I don't think they'd have a reason to go about it in secret.

How is that important?
    He was rumoured as being the next director a few pages back when folks were saying we were getting an announcement imminently. The announcement is here, suggesting there could be some truth to him being in play.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

I agree seems odd.

They're going to have to answer it either way soon otherwise the Bond question will take over publicity for Logan Lucky so if he's staying why not come out with it today?

Also if he does come back I'm not sure I'm not ruling out a two picture deal. A film in 2019 means a 3 year gap to 2022 for the 60th which they will be sure not to miss out on so it seems they must have some sort of long term plan finally. Could B25 be the film SP should've been before leading to the finale of the Craig era in the Garden of Death for B26 in 2022? Then let Nolan take off with a soft reboot letting him do what he wants as long as the PTS of B27 is the assassination attempt on M from TMWTGG.

Also looks pretty certain that Nolan won't be directing this as pretty sure he wouldn't agree to being lumbered with P&W as a fait accompli.

Mcuigan seems the only name in town for director which I can live with - he's a solid journeyman in the grand tradition of Hunt, Glen and Campbell.
    It's official: Nolan is NOT going to direct Bond 25. There is no way he would sign on to direct a film based on a script written by Purvis and Wade. :D I'm guessing Craig will be back for one last movie, but if I see ANY of the following two names confirmed I won't have much interest for this movie: McGuigan, Waltz.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Someone on AJB forum posted a picture of a calendar of Sept. 2017. I think he's trying to stop subtle hints. Perhaps the casting announcement in Sept.?
    Seriously, why are P&W back???
    I'm curious to see if this really is a 'one picture' distribution deal as was rumoured in April.

If so, we are in for an interesting film, which could mark a transition to a new vision. Or it could in fact be phase 1 of that new vision - with MGM planning to distribute B26 on its own.
    Mcuigan seems the only name in town for director which I can live with - he's a solid journeyman in the grand tradition of Hunt, Glen and Campbell.

Wouldn't be against him. Quite liked Lucky Number Slevin, and the Sherlock-episodes he directed are solid. Could that make way for Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat writing the screenplay?

• It would be great if Craig had the opportunity to say goodbye to the character in a proper way. Spectre was underwhelming considering the other movies -- yes, including QOS.
    Also, there's something cool about announcing a new Bond for the next decade. Let this one be Craig's.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Wouldn't be against him. Quite liked Lucky Number Slevin, and the Sherlock-episodes he directed are solid. Could that make way for Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat writing the screenplay?

Not with P&W already attached. Perhaps someday, though. They really need new writers.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Since the next one is in 2019, I can imagine that B26 is in 2022. It could be good publicity to introduce a new Bond actor in the anniversary year, but perhaps better not to (too risky)?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I don t think that is a concern they have.
    True. I'm thinking too far ahead. B25 seems a little anticlimactic to me. Looking forward to announcements.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    As I see it we are now at the waiting part
    Firstly Eon have to sort out the studio situation that will take up most of this year
    In the meantime work could be started on story but just I small amount
    Then Daniel has his TV work and some stage work and a well deserved rest as SP took it out of him
    So let's work on getting started sometime arround 2018 yes that's right 2018 production begins at the earliest
    So late in 2018 Bond 25 gets off the starting block with a release date of nov or dec 2019
    How's about that .

This is what I thought when I posted the above back at the end of March over 300 pages ago
    I thought it then and I still think it now.[/quote]

Far be it for me to say I told you so But !!......
    It's good too have some news at last.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 17,279

Not with P&W already attached. Perhaps someday, though. They really need new writers.

Ah, didn't see that at first. Never mind.
  • gt007gt007 Station G

My thoughts exactly.

It doesn't really make sense not to announce Craig's return if they know it's happening. And they must know whether Craig's back or not to set a release date. Therefore I suspect Craig's not coming back.

If that's true and Craig's not coming back, EON must have at least started the search for the new Bond. And that thought is really exciting!
  • Thank goodness for a date and the reassurance things are actually moving behind the scenes. Lame that it's 2019, but not at all unexpected.

No idea whether Craig is coming back or not. I feel it could go either way at this point. Apart from his negative comments to the press, he really has no reason not to do one more Bond. But waiting to announce his return doesn't make much sense either. We will see. Exciting times for sure.

Nolan is definitely not happening for B25 unless they scrap P&W's script. But then, stranger things have most certainly happened...
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I think Craig is back and it's McGuigan directing.

Also think it's likely this is a continuation, I'm sure they must know how the whole ESB revelation went down like a bucket of sick and if they do pick up after SP to tread carefully.

I'm sure if Waltz is returning he'll want something far more dramatic and memorable to get his teeth into, he wasn't happy with his performance in SP.

Again P&W I'm afraid at least for the Craig we are stuck with them, no doubt to get polished or another writer collaborate with them.

I'll take a journeyman like him over another jaunt with Mendes after the travesty that was SPECTRE.

gt007 wrote: »
    If that's true and Craig's not coming back, EON must have at least started the search for the new Bond. And that thought is really exciting!

Exciting? No, it's an awful thought. It would mean no Nolan for at least another decade.

• QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    I'm gonna have to walk back on the beginning of august announcement. I am now hearing end of August/ beginning of September. I am hearing something going on about shooting back to back?
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 11,119
    I'm curious to see if this really is a 'one picture' distribution deal as was rumoured in April.

If so, we are in for an interesting film, which could mark a transition to a new vision. Or it could in fact be phase 1 of that new vision - with MGM planning to distribute B26 on its own.

Or it could simply be a continuation of the Craig universe as established in 2006. But this time around a much better film than SP. Sounds too.....traditional to me? Why not. Being cinematically a staunch conservative as opposed to all these reboot addicts in Hollywood ☺️.

Craig coming back? I would bet on it. We all know Craig had acting plans for this year and next year. Especially with concern to Todd Field's "Purity". The fact that Craig isn't included in the news, could simply be some final contractual negotiations. But in the meantime EON saw the necessity of announcing the next film anyway....Especially with so many competing spy/action films coming up in cinema's much sooner.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm so giddy right now. Bring on Bond 25! :-bd
    pVNHBPgl.jpg