Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Looks similar to Dalton imo....interesting.

Yes, I think I see that as well. Especially in these two:
    giphy.gif

ransom-serie_600_338_5.jpg

In that latter one, he gives of that wolfish vibe.
    Looks similar to Dalton imo....interesting.

Yes, I think I see that as well. Especially in these two:
    giphy.gif

ransom-serie_600_338_5.jpg

In that latter one, he gives of that wolfish vibe.

My God..that is 4 members in a row that like the look of this actor.....wow.,,and definitely Dalton ....I like him.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Make it 5, he's worth a screen test.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I haven't seen him act, but he's got a good look for the role.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 17,241
    How is his acting qualities compared to Turner?
    Very interesting face. At 40 he might be a bit old to start playing Bond. Love the GoT background, always a good point for me (because I do think the show has great roles and really delivers on acting talent).
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Very interesting face. At 40 he might be a bit old to start playing Bond. Love the GoT background, always a good point for me (because I do think the show has great roles and really delivers on acting talent).

Absolutely....what does he sound like,anyone ?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Very English @barryt007
    Very English @barryt007

Perfect...we might have just found our Bond......maybe....
    He isn't Aidan Turner so I like him already (sorry Mendes4lyfe but since you said Fassbender and Hardy won't get it ... lol)
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Risico007 wrote: »
    He isn't Aidan Turner so I like him already (sorry Mendes4lyfe but since you said Fassbender and Hardy won't get it ... lol)

Worth a screen test. Unlike Aidan Turner.....who isn't.
    Murdock wrote: »
    He looks close enough.

+1.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Hardy won't get it. Only in a galaxy far far far away where James Bond is the third Kray brother. ;)
    Hardy won't get it. Only in a galaxy far far far away where James Bond is the third Kray brother. ;)

Or 5ft 8 in tall!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    If I were EON, and Craig was leaving, I would first try as hard as we could to get Fassbender. If he wouldn t fassbend to our wishes, I would probably call Hardy. The idea has grown on us. I think he could do it.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 5,131
    Fassbender yes. Hardy no....purely based on height!
    Very English @barryt007

Perfect...we might have just found our Bond......maybe....

One reservation: he's maybe a bit old, given the delays between movies.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I took a quick look at some episodes of Ransom on youtube to assess this chap Roberts that everyone's on about. I'm sorry, he's not up to the job imho. I'd prefer Turner, but they both lack that ability to own the screen which is essential for a successful Bond actor.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    bondjames wrote: »
    they both lack that ability to own the screen which is essential for a successful Bond actor.

"Would you like to play James Bond, mister?"

"Damn! Yes! Can I borrow the screen?"

dd94a307c7d74b7ffc54b3e0cd045cce.jpg
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 108
    bondjames wrote: »
    I took a quick look at some episodes of Ransom on youtube to assess this chap Roberts that everyone's on about. I'm sorry, he's not up to the job imho. I'd prefer Turner, but they both lack that ability to own the screen which is essential for a successful Bond actor.

I've seen the first two episodes of Ransom and I'm finding it formulaic and dull. Roberts does the best he can with the weak material. If anyone wants to assess his Bond potential on YouTube I suggest they concentrate on videos dedicated to Woodes Rogers, his character in Black Sails.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Having watched the trailer for Ransom, I'd certainly put Luke Roberts on the give him a screen test list. Can't say I've ever heard of him, but he's one of the best suggestions I've seen on these pages for a while.
  • Bond_Bombshell is right, he's way more Bondian in the Black Sails clips

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    A strong contender !
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    decent.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I gotta see more, but I am interested. He's head n tails above Turner and Hiddles (apologies to those supporters), but; this guy still hasn't convinced me he can make a lady drop her drawers for him though-- his kissing scenes were quite passionless and lacked in sexy seduction (could have been the context of the scenes).

Take DC with Mme Sciarra-- he full on seduced her. It was hot and sexy (in a film that was not). Connery and Fiona. DC and Vesper. Connery and Taro, or DC and Solange... or Fields... these two actors had/have sheer sexual magnetism...

If this guy gets that, I'd be very interested...

At 40 he might be too old (depending when the next Bond movie will be released and what will be the gap between movies). Not quite convinced yet but otherwise I think he has the suitable physique and face. He does not look like an overgrown teen.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Ludovico , an overgrown teen aptly describes too many of the so-called candidates... No matter who is the next Bond, I truly believe Babs will hire a man's man (which rules out Hiddles and Turner-- there's nothing strikingly masculine about these fellows...)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    peter wrote: »
    @Ludovico , an overgrown teen aptly describes too many of the so-called candidates... No matter who is the next Bond, I truly believe Babs will hire a man's man (which rules out Hiddles and Turner-- there's nothing strikingly masculine about these fellows...)
    +1
    I still think that if Nolan comes on board,Hardy will come with him.
    I have to say that Ransom trailer does not particularly impress me.