Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @Mendes4Lyfe

ha ha...priceless.

We'll see. For some faces alone it would be great to have Aidan as Bond.

But as you know I am a fan of his since 10 years now ever since the first series of Being Human hit BBC.
    It's incredible what this guy already has as a body of work.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @Mendes4Lyfe, the penny finally drops. It's all so clear to me now.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    pRhhY5W.jpg
    She looks like Craig's mother there....oh....wait.....
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    She has very feminine hands
    So its Craig, the thug again. This is so poor. Afterf all these years og being a successful Bond. I really don't care, who is next as long as it is not Turner. Just to make Mendes unhappy.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Probably unlikely now but Jamie Bamber could have been a good Bond.
    Outcasts-Mitchell-jamie-bamber-19249985-640-361.jpg
    Blimey,we are really clutching at straws here..whose next ? Prince Phillip ?!
    talos7 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I think the closeness to Fleming's vision is the last thing general audiences are looking for in a Bond actor when you have some clamoring for the likes of Jamie Bell or Gillian Anderson.

And that's why they see a guy in a tux or a BMW advert and think that they have found the next Bond.

As long as the chap in the BMW advert also has a strong body of work on which to judge his potential. oh that tunnel vision.

You are again NOT understanding what I said. I said one advert is a bad casting argument. OF COURSE it's the body of work that counts. That was my bloody point!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Blimey,we are really clutching at straws here..whose next ? Prince Phillip ?!

I myself prefer Prince Harry.
    Some people are the right choice on paper. Turner so far is the right choice on picture.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Some people are the right choice on paper. Turner so far is the right choice on picture.

Agreed. I admit it, I'm a very pragmatic person. Aidan is the pragmatists choice for Bond. Tall, dark-haired, young enough to play Bond for years without the aid of de-aging technology like Depp, Cruise and RDJ, not too famous that he would command a big paycheck, at least to begin with. It's all there, and at the moment there is no one that compares. I mean, the fan choice is Fassbender, but I see that as too idealistic. He kinda getting old, and I don't see how they could pin him down for 4 or 5 films. He's too successful already.
    That was not a compliment that was a very serious reservation. Something else I notice about Turner is that he looks too youthful.

Anyway this is not 1995 or even 1987. I think they'll go for a less known/obvious choice.
    Anyway this is not 1995 or even 1987. I think they'll go for a less known/obvious choice.
    This is where I disagree. This is actually not 2006. It's more 1973. I think we're in for a known.
    bondjames wrote: »
    This is where I disagree. This is actually not 2006. It's more 1973. I think we're in for a known.

Maybe but maybe not Brosnan known, i. e. someone known as the future Bond. Because there is no heir apparent now.
    That was not a compliment that was a very serious reservation. Something else I notice about Turner is that he looks too youthful.

Hmm. It's possible you're looking at old photos. He wouldn't be playing the part until 2019, and they style him to look more mature. Daniel didn't look old enough in Lara Croft either, but it's nothing they can't overcome. I think it's far better to get someone a smidgen too young, than someone already 40 or older. And whether your comment was intended as a compliment or not, it was certainly received as one. :D
    I do agree that it's better to have someone younger who can mature. Especially given the gap between Bond movies now.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 23,883

Maybe but maybe not Brosnan known, i. e. someone known as the future Bond. Because there is no heir apparent now.
    True, there's not one but there are a few that can fill the role with ease if they want it, and they've been mentioned on here. I'm sure they've tested people since SP.
    I do agree that it's better to have someone younger who can mature. Especially given the gap between Bond movies now.
    Hopefully with a young enthusiastic actor in the role,the gap might be reduced a little.

We can but hope !

Just sayin':
    DB8lM8KXkAASp8V.jpg

True, there's not one but there are a few that can fill the role with ease if they want it, and they've been mentioned on here. I'm sure they've tested people since SP.

With the names given here I'd rather have Craig stick to one last. Then hopefully there will be a pool of new candidates. Because right now I'm not convinced. In 2005 a few interesting names were dropped: Jason Isaacs, James Purefoy. I have no idea if they were serious contenders but they were mentioned at least.

@Mendes4Lyfe That pic is godawful.
    Luckily I cant see the picture,but my gut instinct tells me its Aiden bloody Turner again,if @Mendes4Lyfe has anything to do with it hahaha !!!
    edited June 2017 Posts: 9,020
    Ha ha I am a fan of Aidan too my dear cool friend @barryt007
    Ha ha ha
    Is it me or many of these Bond wannabes look very much like hipsters?

With the names given here I'd rather have Craig stick to one last. Then hopefully there will be a pool of new candidates. Because right now I'm not convinced. In 2005 a few interesting names were dropped: Jason Isaacs, James Purefoy. I have no idea if they were serious contenders but they were mentioned at least.

@Mendes4Lyfe That pic is godawful.

I think, its actually one of the better pics of him. He just Looks like that

That seems to be the in thing these days. The more disheveled the better. Don't bathe & shave for a few days and you've got a shot at it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

It isn t just you. They all look ridiculous.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 9,020
    You lot have no idea what you are rambling about.

Watch any episode of Poldark before judging.
    Turner would be perfect and he oozes more Bond in his little finger than the last four films together.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv9sNnMvM2FjvsF_cFbMtuRszcl_nYNWYaRA7T_WuGJXu4moe8AQ
    Ok so if I want to be Bond I need to have a stubble now? Practical when you have a baby face I guess.