"Star Trek: Discovery" (CBS All Access/Netflix, 2017)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Props from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' have been shown to the public in anticipation for 'Star Trek: Discovery':

http://collider.com/star-trek-the-next-generation-props-images/

OMG, this is so insanely cute :D! Thanks for the link @Creasy47 ;-). Perhaps....perHAPSSS....you'll give "Star Trek: Discovery" a chance after all hehe :-P.

It's unlikely, the series just isn't for me unfortunately. The trailer I saw didn't look too bad, though.
    Props from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' have been shown to the public in anticipation for 'Star Trek: Discovery':

http://collider.com/star-trek-the-next-generation-props-images/

OMG, this is so insanely cute :D! Thanks for the link @Creasy47 ;-). Perhaps....perHAPSSS....you'll give "Star Trek: Discovery" a chance after all hehe :-P.

It's unlikely, the series just isn't for me unfortunately. The trailer I saw didn't look too bad, though.

Pleaseeeee. Please skip that ice-hockey nerdiness for a while ;-).

I'd think "nerdiness" applies more to 'Star Trek' than it does ice hockey!
    A new poster for "Star Trek: Discovery":

YVKvE3o.jpg
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Discovery looks good... that poster doesn't.

What if I made it?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I like the poster but not the design of the ship! :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This guy made a bunch of fan art for the show, including the poster GG shared:

http://trekmovie.com/2017/05/16/star-trek-discovery-fan-art-has-been-filling-the-void/

What if I made it?

Well if you made it I would say that I don't like that poster but the other ones that @Creasy47 posted a link to are good.
    We have a politician in our ranks ;)
    I'll wait to pass final judgment because I don't think we've seen the final design, at least I hope. Star Fleet has always had ships with great curves, the flowed. This design is to "blockish" and angular, and it's overall proportions are awkward. I've seen much better fan designs.
    The ship in the trailer is not the Discovery, some sources state it's the U.S.S. Shenzou which is Captained by Georgiou’s.

srjq13eofzsgo8hfj9j2.gif
    U.S.S. Shenzou

Spoilers... http://io9.gizmodo.com/everything-the-discovery-trailer-tells-us-about-the-fut-1795328380
    That's what I've read. Part of my concern is the ship shown in the teaser trailer; as I said I don't think, or hope, it's the final design.
    I am curious to see what major event in Trek canon the show is centered around, a previously unexplored event. The ship they can tweak I read something which suggests the crew will be an amalgamation, perhaps the Discovery will also be a amalgamation of two starfleet vessels?
    talos7 wrote: »
    That's what I've read. Part of my concern is the ship shown in the teaser trailer; as I said I don't think, or hope, it's the final design.

What counts for me are great storylines that are recognizable as 'true Star Trek', that is holding up a mirror to our own lifes, that is incorporating the difficulties of exploration and 'discoveries' and as a result the fears surrounding it, and that will glue me on my sofa for a whole weekend when I will watch all 15 episodes.

All this talk about designs, canon, starships and reimagined Klingon physiques to me are fairly unimportant. I mean, come on, "Star Trek" was made in the 1960's, but if we completely adhered to the sounds and designs of an era that still screams 'Sixties', then "Star Trek" now would have been completely unbelievable and laughable.
    Each to there own though dismissing canon would not be wise, certainly a new Trek series that is a sequel to Enterprise and a prequel to TOS. I am sure Discovery will be good though I wish they had set the series post Voyager, then the writers would have had free reign to do what they wanted.
    talos7 wrote: »

What counts for me are great storylines that are recognizable as 'true Star Trek', that is holding up a mirror to our own lifes, that is incorporating the difficulties of exploration and 'discoveries' and as a result the fears surrounding it, and that will glue me on my sofa for a whole weekend when I will watch all 15 episodes.

All this talk about designs, canon, starships and reimagined Klingon physiques to me are fairly unimportant. I mean, come on, "Star Trek" was made in the 1960's, but if we completely adhered to the sounds and designs of an era that still screams 'Sixties', then "Star Trek" now would have been completely unbelievable and laughable.

I agree that story and character are paramount, no Trek pun intended, but I tend to be a very visual person; the look a production important to me.

• edited May 2017 Posts: 11,119
    I know
    Look at this wonderful image :-D!

cvr9781416532439_9781416532439_hr.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I hope they put out jackets inspired by the new Discovery uniforms.
    c643af7ea846b257-580x400.jpg
    Look at this wonderful image :-D!

cvr9781416532439_9781416532439_hr.jpg

That is a great picture! Love it!
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 6,432
    latest?cb=20091114185355&path-prefix=en
    DS9 going into battle with the Dominion
    Great images, I'm partial to the Enterprise E.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I hope they put out jackets inspired by the new Discovery uniforms.
    c643af7ea846b257-580x400.jpg

I'm sure they will. I believe they did for the jackets worn in Beyond, which was my favorite.
    star-trek-m%C3%A1s-all%C3%A1-6.jpg
    Around the time Into Darkness was coming out I found this nice jacket at Target and got one of the modern Trek film badges and stuck it on. It looks official.
    KlGBYBYl.jpg
    Around the time Into Darkness was coming out I found this nice jacket at Target and got one of the modern Trek film badges and stuck it on. It looks official.
    KlGBYBYl.jpg

Love it @Murdock ;-). There's some other big news though:

Our eminence grise of Star Trek screenwriting & directing, Mr Nicholas Meyer ("Star Trek 2: The Wrath Of Khan", "Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home", "Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country" & "Star Trek: Discovery"), is hinting at another Trek project besides "Discovery". Could that be a new Trek movie? Or another Trek series?
    http://trekmovie.com/2017/06/02/exclusive-nicholas-meyer-talks-star-trek-discoverys-niche-and-hints-at-another-star-trek-project-2/

jVpIj2Qr.jpeg
    bitnmxse3yktnkwcbitn.jpg

Man, I just CAN'T WAIT FOR "STAR TREK: DISCOVERY"!! I am so fff-ing pumped for this. I wanna bet this will be as good or even better than "Deep Space Nine" and "The Next Generation". With Bryan Fuller ("Hanniball", "American Gods", "Pushing Daisies") actually penning/creating the first 9 episodes of "Discovery" and Nicholas Meyer overseeing the entire creative storytelling process as well, I have strong faith in : Discovery".
    To expect Discovery to be better than TNG Is a big ask, I am keeping my expectations low with Discovery.
    I'm just expecting Discovery to be better than Voyager and Enterprise.
    I'm just expecting Discovery to be better than Voyager and Enterprise.

I would be happy with that as both Voyager and Enterprise were mixed, the latter they left it too late to improve the show most of the viewers had gone.
    Thanks @Gustav_Graves. I hope Mr. Meyer knows he has some scary looking objects behind him. ;)
    Thanks @Gustav_Graves. I hope Mr. Meyer knows he has some scary looking objects behind him. ;)
    He does look a little antsy.
    Take this one Trekkers!: