Baby Driver (2017)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @barryt007, I also just wanted to say I'm glad you're safe. I don't know how near you were to the situation, but from the sounds of it, it was too close for comfort.

With London being England's New York, it must be a worrying thing at times to co-exist there, never knowing what attacks could be brewing. The attacker/s seemed to know this, mounting their offensive on the very recognizable Westminster Bridge. It's often those landmarks that can be the first to be targeted, unfortunately.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    People, I'm all with you, and I'm also among the ones who find the OP in poor taste. Let's just pay our respects to the dead (minus the assassin/assassins) and hope for the best regarding the injured.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Where did that come from @Mendes ? Link please.

Errr, just twitter. Went by the name Abu Izzadeen.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Here's a link to some of the alleged assailant's comments (not that we want to give air to his views):

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/abu-izzadeen-london-terror-attacks-westminster-who-is-he-police-politicians-a7644626.html
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    barryt007 wrote: »
    @barry007

Just been informed about the horrible news. I and my unit will watch the news shortly on the big telly in the mess hall.

This is making me sick. I was standing on that bridge last September and it was so beautiful, the view, everything. I love London.

What a tragedy. I just hope the seriously wounded people will recover.
    A car as a weapon. It makes me sick. What has the world come to....

We will never give in to terrorism. NEVER
    full.jpg
    from last September when I was in that wonderful town.

Indeed my friend,and thanks for your kind words of support..i am SO SO angry....4 people dead now,including a policeman.

BBC keep making the same mistake. It's not 4 dead it's 3. One was terrorist scum and should not be listed as a victim.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Thankfully this isn't a place where radicals can be seeded.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Don't put any faith in Twitter Mate nothing will be released by CTops for a while yet so as not to compromise ongoing investigation .
    @barryt007, I also just wanted to say I'm glad you're safe. I don't know how near you were to the situation, but from the sounds of it, it was too close for comfort.

With London being England's New York, it must be a worrying thing at times to co-exist there, never knowing what attacks could be brewing. The attacker/s seemed to know this, mounting their offensive on the very recognizable Westminster Bridge. It's often those landmarks that can be the first to be targeted, unfortunately.

Thanks pal !!

Yes i work just up the road from it so close enough.
    Mind you i was one of the first people to the bombed bus on 7/7 ,happened around the corner from there at the time,the explosion was so loud...horrible memories.

So i seem to be drawn to these bloody things,but i'm SO proud of the police,emergency services and intelligence agents today.
    So efficient and professional.

Yes, today is a great example of what can happen when people join together and forget about everything dividing them in order to help anyway they can.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited March 2017 Posts: 8,081
    Don't put any faith in Twitter Mate nothing will be released by CTops for a while yet so as not to compromise ongoing investigation .

No need to wait, he has been identified as Abu Izzadeen. There are pictures of the crime scene.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I hope no-one thinks this in bad taste but, it sums up the British spirit.

We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield

Exactly. Stiff upper lip and let's cheer on the boys in Dortmund.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

No need to wait, he has been identified as Abu Izzadeen. There are pictures of the crime scene.

That hate preacher is still in jail in the UK. It's not him, but someone else.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    This is where my thoughts went after the 2005 bombings, and again today. Noel Coward's 'London Pride':

(Selfishly glad, currently, that I no longer work in central London, but 10 miles to the south.)
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Just like to pass on my thoughts to all Londoners on here. Not being a Londoner but having lived there at two separate times in my life it always has a place in my heart. And I don't want to speak for everyone - but it appears that it is a place of special significance for all 007 fans. Glad to hear the regulars on here are safe. Kia Kaha from New Zealand - Stand strong.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It's very tragic what has happened. Thoughts and prayers to the families of the victims.

Hope you chaps who reside in London are safe and unharmed.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    We need bond more then ever praying for london
    edited March 2017 Posts: 28,694

There's never a wrong time for Tennyson, @Thunderpussy. A perfect use of the text.
    Just like to pass on my thoughts to all Londoners on here. Not being a Londoner but having lived there at two separate times in my life it always has a place in my heart. And I don't want to speak for everyone - but it appears that it is a place of special significance for all 007 fans. Glad to hear the regulars on here are safe. Kia Kaha from New Zealand - Stand strong.

Absolutely. Bond's home becomes ours too, no matter where we are in the world.
    Just a report. This took place maybe 200 yards from my office. Didn't hear anything of the incident but then loads of police sirens and helicopters all afternoon

Have to say I do think the media has hugely sensationalised the coverage. Rolling news and talk of London being on lock down. Appalling event I know but it's felt like the media has been waiting for this so they can go to town. Just my opinion.

If it weren't for the sirens and the news i wouldn't have even noticed any difference. Construction workers still carrying on, people walking around etc not 2 minutes walk away

A little quieter on the way home - Westminster bridge literally looked like the closing scene of Spectre unfortunately.

Thoughts go to those poor people who won't be going home to their families tonight.

Thoughts also dwelling on the question of how the hell the perpetrator hasn't been sitting in a prison cell In the first place for his very public hate speech beliefs, preaching and clear desire for death and destruction.
  • 00Ralf00Ralf Germany
    Sincere condolences from Germany. I hope all London-based MI6-Community members and their close ones are safe. We'll never give in to cowardly terrorism. Stand strong.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    God will be proud of those bastards. Oh wait, there is no god, as any sane person knows.

This is so useless and so tiresome. I'm sure the terrorists are proud. They must think themselves so brave. You know when I'll call them brave? If they were to show up at a white supremacist convention with a sword and some lousy phrases. Let's have some fun then.

Stop attacking people who are unprepared and unarmed and who have good manners. You're cowards. And we will piss on your graves.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    =D>
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    edited March 2017 Posts: 1,053
    Matt007 wrote: »

Have to say I do think the media has hugely sensationalised the coverage. Rolling news and talk of London being on lock down. Appalling event I know but it's felt like the media has been waiting for this so they can go to town. Just my opinion.

You make a salient point. Rolling news will run with this, even when they have nothing to report. Thirty odd years ago I was involved in an incident, a very serious incident, which took place on the outskirts of a major UK city. It wasn't terror related but was serious enough for the powers that were to enforce a complete media blackout. Unless they were there or acted as responders to that incident, no one will ever know it happened.

Publicity is the lifeblood of these extremist vermin. While I'm not suggesting that outrages such as the one witnessed today should go unreported, I feel that coverage should be confined to normal news programmes.

DarthDimi wrote: »
    God will be proud of those bastards. Oh wait, there is no god, as any sane person knows.

This is so useless and so tiresome. I'm sure the terrorists are proud. They must think themselves so brave. You know when I'll call them brave? If they were to show up at a white supremacist convention with a sword and some lousy phrases. Let's have some fun then.

Stop attacking people who are unprepared and unarmed and who have good manners. You're cowards. And we will piss on your graves.

You can't say that mate. It has nothing to do with religion apparently.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!

I've being speaking to a few people to ask how long it will take the media to come up with some excuses for this vermin and his actions? Mentally ill? Failed by the state? Broken home? Let down by the education system?
    I wonder if he was part of the deradicalisation programme? that multi million pound scheme to - well - deradicalise home grown jihadists and those returning from fighting for isis (no capitals) in Syria?

Am pleased to say that this platitude seems to being used less and less as it becomes more and more common.

Put it this way, this guy wasn't motivated by Darwin
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Do we really need these terrorism laws? Murder is murder. There are laws against attempted mass murder in place since forever, too.

And do we really need more surveilance? Didn t get us anywhere so far.
  • Just catching up with this. My thoughts go out to those who lost loved ones and those in critical condition and everyone in London and surrounding areas who have been emotionally impacted. I'm glad they stopped the attacker as soon as they did and hope that some good, strengthening, and unification will come out of this senseless and awful incident.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Was he a muslim
    Was he a muslim
    Yes...looks like it.

This discussion has been closed.