DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Its sad that these "I heard..." rumors have so much influence.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    These rumors RE: Ben leaving are from the chirpy lips Campea, so don't take it seriously, folks. Don't give him any more views than he already has.

I think like all of us, Ben is simply waiting for them to write Batman the right way (possibly why he wanted scriptwriting duties for the solo) and once he gets a Batman he wants to play, he's rooted. Hopefully JL and beyond will give us a true Batman again.
  • These rumors RE: Ben leaving are from the chirpy lips Campea, so don't take it seriously, folks. Don't give him any more views than he already has.

I think like all of us, Ben is simply waiting for them to write Batman the right way (possibly why he wanted scriptwriting duties for the solo) and once he gets a Batman he wants to play, he's rooted. Hopefully JL and beyond will give us a true Batman again.

I hope so, I just hate internet rumors. Hopefully this will be addressed soon.
  • The motives of sensationallizing story's on these channels need to be taken into consideration, Collider has dropped in quality I don't take the show seriously.

Going to try hard to ignore any story's regarding films and wait until it is released, if The Batman is made in one year or three years has no impact on me. At this point I am more interested in Wonder Woman, Aquaman and another Superman film. I need to step back from being drawn into movie click bate online, one of my University lecturers said in 1999 '...dont use the Internet as a resource, 99% of the internet is useless information' they were not wrong.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    These rumors RE: Ben leaving are from the chirpy lips Campea, so don't take it seriously, folks. Don't give him any more views than he already has.

I hope so, I just hate internet rumors. Hopefully this will be addressed soon.

This film will be made, somehow, someway, and most likely with Ben. Batman is their money ticket, and Ben wants this; nothing he has said or done says otherwise.
    The motives of sensationallizing story's on these channels need to be taken into consideration, Collider has dropped in quality I don't take the show seriously.

Going to try hard to ignore any story's regarding films and wait until it is released, if The Batman is made in one year or three years has no impact on me. At this point I am more interested in Wonder Woman, Aquaman and another Superman film. I need to step back from being drawn into movie click bate online, one of my University lecturers said in 1999 '...dont use the Internet as a resource, 99% of the internet is useless information' they were not wrong.

@fire_and_ice, great strategy. So much of this rumor nonsense is just what you say, with channels acting pseudo-informed with exclusive info than is really nothing at all. Campea has always annoyed me partly for that reason, but most widely because he hires more attractive and dim women than Fox News does in the states, and who add literally zero to any discussions about movies. You couldn't pay me to watch Collider.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 2,107
    The motives of sensationallizing story's on these channels need to be taken into consideration, Collider has dropped in quality I don't take the show seriously.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Campea is hilarious. He basically stresses how they're not in the scoops business and that he's been burned a couple times before and that what he's about to say should be taken with a MASSIVE grain of salt and that his audience shouldn't share the info (Really?), then he drops that Affleck wants to leave the role according to 3 separate sources over the last few days...

True to form, within hours every outlet is now running wild with what Campea said. That, ladies and gents is how you spread a rumour while covering your own arse.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Campea is hilarious. He basically stresses how they're not in the scoops business and that he's been burned a couple times before and that what he's about to say should be taken with a MASSIVE grain of salt and that his audience shouldn't share the info (Really?), then he drops that Affleck wants to leave the role according to 3 separate sources over the last few days...

True to form, within hours every outlet is now running wild with what Campea said. That, ladies and gents is how you spread a rumour while covering your own arse.

Yes, he's a clickbait machine, for sure. I remember the period where Jaime Alexander was rumored to be testing for Wonder Woman, and Campea and his crew bleeped about what she had told them in private on his show.
    Really? Wow...that's a pretty classless thing to do.
    The guy really should just keep his mouth shut.
    Campea's Tweet in response to the backlash:

DiWBaE6.jpg
    Campea's Tweet in response to the backlash:

DiWBaE6.jpg

RE: his response

raw

He knew what he was doing and if he didn't expect all this feedback/backlash then he's an idiot.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Really? Wow...that's a pretty classless thing to do.
    The guy really should just keep his mouth shut.

@doubleoego, from what I've gained from that whole mess, the Collider people were apparently at some event that Alexander was at (where they spoke with her), and at a later date Campea and co. were basically overtly treating her as the future Wonder Woman on their show, like it was a done-deal. This then made it look like Alexander blabbed about her screen test or whatever, and could've put her in a hot spot with WB over it, contract wise, costing her consideration for the part.

It's hard to say what really happened behind the scenes, but Campea and co. always suffer from loose lips, and we see evidence of this all the time. They're frankly imbeciles. "We're going to talk about this DC movie news on our show, and class it as an exclusive corroborated by three secret industry sources, but we're not going to call it a "scoop," even though that's exactly what it is. Then we're going to play victim when the media take the story and run with it, just as we planned."

[insert evil laughter here]

Does anyone have the video of Campea saying Ben was out? Because from the quotes of his I've read, he sounded very adamant about the rumor being true, even though he's now saying we shouldn't take anything he said seriously. I am honestly fascinated how he has gotten to such a high place in movie coverage.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 11,139
    @Brady, this what you looking for?

Skip to 17:41
    I can't see Affleck walking away?
  • This announcement seems so random however. I mean it's one thing for him to step as director because he had all this pressure on him to deliver a good film, but to leave completely? This is the same guy who Kevin Smith says has a Batcave in his house, and loves the character.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 11,139
    Posted about an hour ago:

OZPjM2L.png

Edit:

Link to said article

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2017/02/14/why-matt-reeves-is-the-perfect-choice-to-take-over-batman-franchise/#39871b527297

Kind of a pointless article that doesn't offer anything that wasn't already known. Just a lengthy wall of text really.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 2,102
    Just watched the Collider video. I firmly believe that these are all rumors. Campea himself said that he's 0 and 2 with "scoops", but it's still odd for him to come out with that.
  • http://collider.com/suicide-squad-2-mel-gibson-director/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial

Now this is out of left field though I would be all for it, would be suprised if it happened
    edited February 2017 Posts: 1,257
    @fire_and_ice My instinct is to laugh out loud at the thought of Mel wanting to direct anything in this genre, but Justin Kroll is claiming "if Mel wants it, it's his".
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    @fire_and_ice My instinct is to laugh out loud at the thought of Mel wanting to direct anything in this genre, but Justin Kroll is claiming "if Mel wants it, it's his".

I love Mel's directed movies own them all except Hacksaw Ridge which I have yet to see, Mel's films are so far removed when you think of SS, SS2 I would expect something much different of supreme quality. I will be shocked if Mel did SS2

This would be a rather odd choice for Gibson, especially taking the reigns of sloppy seconds. In any case, I want him to get on with his POTC sequel.
  • NSGWNSGW London
    That is surprising, I remember not long ago him talking about Hacksaw Ridge and saying 'real superheroes don't wear spandex' when talking about the real soldiers of the story it was based on. Doesn't seem like something he would be genuinely interested in.
    Priit6C.jpg
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    Priit6C.jpg

Brilliant

I love Mel's directed movies own them all except Hacksaw Ridge which I have yet to see, Mel's films are so far removed when you think of SS, SS2 I would expect something much different of supreme quality. I will be shocked if Mel did SS2

Mel is a pretty good director, but I get the feeling he doesn't respect the source material enough to make a comic book movie the way we fans come to expect now days.

Regardless, the other directors named in the article seem more stylistically appropriate for SS. Personally, of the four, I prefer Ruben Fleischer.
  • @fire_and_ice My instinct is to laugh out loud at the thought of Mel wanting to direct anything in this genre, but Justin Kroll is claiming "if Mel wants it, it's his".

Mel is a pretty good director, but I get the feeling he doesn't respect the source material enough to make a comic book movie the way we fans come to expect now days.

Regardless, the other directors named in the article seem more stylistically appropriate for SS. Personally, of the four, I prefer Ruben Fleischer.

I just hope WB let a director have some semblance of directing there own movie

Snyder has released this still...
    Batman fighting Parademon

16830931_1344628698930606_111743984761715778_n.jpg?oh=a32954694b83ef14cf94d64d56eddf83&oe=5944427F

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Reeves is out of The Batman almost as soon as he signed on.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Maybe DC'll try to tap Mel Gibson for it.
  • Reeves is out of The Batman almost as soon as he signed on.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-negotiations-break-down-director-matt-reeves-977266
    Interesting this article suggests talks could resume, not sure what to make of the 'heads cool' comment
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Matt Reeves has only ever been in negotations, it's not as if he signed on and then backed out. The DC Universe is just caked in controversy and issues.