DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Matt Reeves just followed Geoff Johns on twitter...
    Justice-League-Wonder-Woman-Aquaman-Cyborg.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&ssl=1&w=800
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Justice-League-Wonder-Woman-Aquaman-Cyborg.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&ssl=1&w=800
    Loving that at last they are not just standing around, God Dam Gal Gadot

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

"Ladies first."

Looks kind of Atlantian, but above ground.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 11,139
    Gal is gorgeous and I'm glad she's not just in the background. I really want to be pumped for this but I'm settling for quiet optimism instead.
  • doubleoego wrote: »

"Ladies first."

Looks kind of Atlantian, but above ground.
    Looks awesome, the environment they are in for sure looks Atlantian quasi Kryptonian.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    We've got to be getting a trailer in the next couple of months, nearing summer, you'd think. I want to be hopeful, but I liked the BvS trailers too.
  • We've got to be getting a trailer in the next couple of months, nearing summer, you'd think. I want to be hopeful, but I liked the BvS trailers too.

I watch YouTube frequently at work, most movie streaming sites think it could be within a few weeks. Think it will be well before comic con
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    Gal is gorgeous and I'm glad she's not just in the background. I really want to be pumped for this but I'm settling for quiet optimism instead.

So far Gal is a definite stand out with DCU, she is stunning though total respect to her for putting the physical training in.

@fire_and_ice, I expect Warner to hold on to it for Comic-Con, as they need to build hope back into their audience. That kind of massive platform would help them get that goodwill back.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    @fire_and_ice, I expect Warner to hold on to it for Comic-Con, as they need to build hope back into their audience. That kind of massive platform would help them get that goodwill back.

Not sure what there strategy is, though it occurred to me that Batman Lego Movie could be a stroke of genius on DC's part which is opening. What a way to introduce a broader audience to unfamiliar DC characters.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Quiet optimism seems to be the way to go from here on out.

That being said, I'll shout my admiration for Gal from the rooftops. She's so damn sexyful and she has a great attitude towards the character which makes it work despite her not being the best actress in the world.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Thank God she doesn't seem like an afterthought to Justice League like she was to Batman V Superman.

That being said, I'll shout my admiration for Gal from the rooftops. She's so damn sexyful and she has a great attitude towards the character which makes it work despite her not being the best actress in the world.

It helps that she's incredibly likable as a person too.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

This still gives me a nice warm feeling inside.

0zxkuak0i86x.gif

How Gal Gadot has slipped under the Bond radar is beyond me?!!!!! :-O
    Just looking at her before casting, Gal didn't scream Wonder Woman, but from what we've seen of her since, she has the essence of Diana, and that's what counts. She has the righteous innocence, the warm heart, the warrior's spirit, the unflappable determination. I truly think we're getting something special in July. It's about time the girls get one for them, and even better that it's coming from the greatest symbol of feminism since Rosie the Riveter.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

This still gives me a nice warm feeling inside.

0zxkuak0i86x.gif

I hope that is a scene in the film.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Based on "past experience", I wouldn't be surprised if test screenings of Justice League happen within the next month or two.
    @Seven_Point_Six_Five, do we know when JL stopped filming? That'd give us a good idea of how far into post they are, and what the screening would look like, ie., no effects, some effects, a lot of effects.
    I think filming wrapped in October.
    I think filming wrapped in October.

Really? Hopefully over a year of post doesn't go wasted!
    Well, BvS wrapped filming in December 2014 and look how that turned out. Time will tell I guess.

tumblr_ol0m3uc1MV1u44521o1_500.gif

hTk2jJD.jpg

YOU WILL.

A thought that came to my mind today : couldn't Gail Gadot play Modesty Blaise ? Look here :

463145.jpg

The ressemblance is uncanny, don't you think ?
    @doubleoego, I was just thinking that. BvS sat on the shelf for at least a year. Shocking.
    To be fair I loved the film but have not had the time to rewatch it
    @Risico007, I'd assumed you'd watched BvS loads.
    Gerard wrote: »
    A thought that came to my mind today : couldn't Gail Gadot play Modesty Blaise ? Look here :

463145.jpg

The ressemblance is uncanny, don't you think ?

@Gerard, I'm shocked that an attempt hasn't been made since the 60s at making a Modesty Blaise film. There's lots of capable actresses that could play a convincing lead in that sort of film.
    As a matter of fact, they have been two movies featuring Bond's female comptition. One was a TV pilot filmed in 1982, starring Ann Turkel :

5b782a44a3.jpg.webp

And the other, My Name is Modesty, featuring Alexandra Staden, and presented by Quentin Tarentino, who, judging from Pulp Fiction, is a great fan of the character :

My_Name_Is_Modesty_DVD_cover.jpg

And yes, it's a crying shame that more was not done with the character.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Gemma Arterton was rumoured to be in consideration for the role a while ago.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited February 2017 Posts: 1,257
    Here's a better look at Batfleck's Batsuits in JL:

C4KdA7SXUAUF6D-.jpg