No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    jake24 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, @QuantumOrganization, I hadn't known that they already started shooting. With Logan Lucky wrapped up, Kings underway, and Purity commencing later this year, I think that Craig's schedule is still open for B25 in November/December, though I must confess that 2018 is looking less and less likely by the hour.

Having read Purity, I note that it is more likely a featured than a starring role for him (and a lot is in distant flashback), so Craig may have more free time than you think.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Yes, but they're more than likely to alter the role to allow more screen time for him. After all, they have Daniel Craig.
  • jake24 wrote: »
    Yes, but they're more than likely to alter the role to allow more screen time for him. After all, they have Daniel Craig.

He is also an executive producer of the limited series.
  • DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    So how much longer does Othello run?

It ends its run in just two days from now.

What's next on his agenda? Purity?

Othello might be revived for a run on Broadway in the spring to qualify for the Tonys. Remains to be seen.

And if that happens how long would he be occupied with it?

Unclear. I have not seen that it's confirmed for Broadway. The New York Post story (second item): http://nypost.com/2016/12/15/will-bands-visit-make-the-jump-to-broadway/

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    If it gets to Broadway, I'm there.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Where is Cubby when you need him?
    We should get something by the summer, Craig will be in the press when Logan Lucky debuts & Bond will come up.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Thanks for that, @QuantumOrganization, I hadn't known that they already started shooting. With Logan Lucky wrapped up, Kings underway, and Purity commencing later this year, I think that Craig's schedule is still open for B25 in November/December, though I must confess that 2018 is looking less and less likely by the hour.
    Yeah. 2019 is a good bet.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

When Jonathan Franzen was on 'Late Night with Seth Meyers' he said Pip (Uncast) and Andreas (Craig) were the main characters, and that the TV show would follow the book. Not sure if he means the content or timeline.

But as @echo said, Andreas isn't in it all that much, and when he is, quite a chunk of it is him in his youth.

Interestingly, Showtime did not mention 'Purity' at all during their Winter TCA Press Tour earlier this month, it was mostly about 'Twin Peaks'. I suspect that they are saving it for their Summer Press Tour, as they did last year. By that point filming should be underway or close to starting.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    So CBS might be buying Sony pictures. This should be interesting.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Didn't Sony just say it wasn't selling? I suppose it could have been a head fake so as not to draw attention to any negotiations.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Probably. The movie industry love their mind games; but in any case Sony pictures have haemorrhaged too much cash; they're wounded deer at this point. Spider-Man isn't enough to save them, especially when the studio continue to make dumb decisions with their projects. I think a buyer is easily the best thing for them.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Didn't Sony just say it wasn't selling? I suppose it could have been a head fake so as not to draw attention to any negotiations.
    That's what Sony said as part of the executive changes announced last week.

Of course, that could change. But it is the most recent thing Sony has said.
    Hardy and Nolan would be a dream team honestly
    Risico007 wrote: »

Yes to this - Hardy would be great as Bond.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »

Yes to this - Hardy would be great as Bond.

That's a yes from me to both suggestions !!

• SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    If there will be no more Craig film, the team of Hardy and Nolan is one I would look forward to. From all the mentioned successors Hardy would be my first choice. It becomes more and more likely to me that Craig is moving on
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,844
    That Forbes article does bring up a couple interesting points—one of which being the sense of "cheeky immaturity" Hardy could bring to the character. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Hardy could potentially deliver a diametrically fun and lively take on the character (to Craig's take; not that I've disliked Craig's take at all).

The other thing that struck me is how I'm repeatedly reading in this article or that article that journalists—and according to them, popular opinion—were left underwhelmed or disappointed by Spectre. It's easy to always think that within our own rather small fan community our collective majority opinions don't necessarily reflect the attitudes of the larger world out there. But here, with respect to Spectre being a let down, that opinion does appear to reflect "the world's."
    Hardy is a great actor, he does unhinged and intense well he could bring some good elements to Bond. I would welcome Hardy though is he too big a star in same way Fassbender is?
    I think Fassbender or Hardy would be great for the role....Hardy is only an inch shorter than Craig so that wont be a problem.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,116
    Hardy has expressed an interest whereas I read where Fassbender said he would not accept if offered.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Delete ...posted twice accidently.

mcdonbb wrote: »
    Hardy has expressed an interest whereas I read where Fassbender said he would not accept if offered.

Thats what ive heard..although,how many actors say no and when offered say yes,haha !!

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 3,126
    Apparently Barbara and Michael g Wilsons play the kids stay in the picture has been set to run through March 7 to April 8 at the royal court theater I don't know what their schedule is after the play hopefully their is nothing so they can work on bond 25 https://royalcourttheatre.com/whats-on/kid-stays-picture/
    Good lord, why can;t they just focus on something people actually want to watch! :))
  • Good lord, why can;t they just focus on something people actually want to watch! :))

They're more like Harry Saltzman (Harry Palmer series, Battle of Britain, etc., while also doing Bond) than Albert R. Broccoli.

The difference is I'd actually watch Harry Palmer or Battle of Britain without slashing my wrists! :))
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The difference is I'd actually watch Harry Palmer or Battle of Britain without slashing my wrists! :))
    Try Die Another Day. ;)
    What do you guys think about Michael Apted returning? He's beefed up his action chops since TWINE, I think it won't hurt to try. ;)