Analyzing the Transition of Power After The U.S. Election and Beyond Into Future Global Politics

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2016 Posts: 12,459
    Oh it's good McCain called a hearing. I'm not holding my breath at all considering how little backbone Republicans and Democrats in general are showing us currently. Too many will wake up too late it seems.

More news, this on Trump's possible pick for Solicitor General.
    Trump is considering hiring Kellyanne's husband. Amusing, yes.
    Every day news is either embarrassing or hilarious. Except of course for the underlying destroying of our civil rights, democracy, and dangerous foreign policy.
    Not boring.

in part:
    Conway would represent an unusual choice for solicitor general. His law firm biography lists only one Supreme Court case he has argued -- a 2010 dispute involving the overseas reach of federal securities law. People who have held the post previously have generally had extensive Supreme Court experience, or, like former Harvard Law School Dean Elena Kagan, served in a prominent academic position.

Conway’s appointment also would raise questions about the level of White House involvement with the solicitor general’s office given his wife’s position in a Trump administration. Although solicitors general ultimately answer to the president, they traditionally make most of their decisions independently of the White House.

In part:
    The solicitor general represents the U.S. government in the Supreme Court and the next pick for the job will play a key role in most legal battles waged by the incoming Trump administration. The solicitor general also determines when it is appropriate to appeal a lower court decision and when to seek review from the Supreme Court.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Nightmare on USA street... :-O
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Back to Russia with no love.

I think this is important stuff for everyone to read. Not the crap that you find on the internet. But good, insightful, investigative, neutral journalism. The three articles are long. And most likely most of the forummembers in here don't even dare to read this, because it's simply too lengthy stuff. Which is sad though, because everyone in here ought to read this.

So for all of you, three great articles from an October edition of 'The Economist' (last week of October 2016). I used my 13 megapixel Sony Xperia camera for it, so everything is perfectly readable. Enjoy:
    e2wnogK.jpg
    P2Skb2F.jpg
    YCOiZmV.jpg
    YAq5fL1.jpg
    sqyCqx2.jpg
    6p57kdL.jpg
    oSkgRuq.jpg
    X0Swz33.jpg
    Pz3VJWY.jpg
    m6cWEPj.jpg
    6QXU3Xm.jpg
    6XN8mUC.jpg

Once you have read it, you should be damn sceptical about Russia, about 'Putinism', and Putin's true intentions. I don't want to fear people, but these articles gave me a very uncomfortable feeling about the prospect that Russia will start dictating politics in Europe and the USA. Frankly, it frightens me.

Thank you for these articles I don;t have this magazine where I live and don't have time to read all this but I will definitily pass this on to people where I live.

When will Trump raises up tarifs on Chinese imports 400% will it happen in year one or year two of his terms? If they increase tarifs they will make the chinese goods more expensive in USA which will be good for USA manufacturing to be able to complete with the Chinese. Usually I hold very right-wing views but on the issue of tarifs I am not pro-freetrade.

Do you think Putin intends to murder any overseas residents gustav-graves as this is what I think you are implicating.

Trump has plenty of ties to China, businesses there, goods made there. He will not do half of what he says he will do (to his supporters). Indeed, he is already backing down plenty.
    Putin has been shown to be involved in murdering of Russian journalists, yes. And look at his entire career. Murder and corruption outside of Russia is part and parcel for his administration/regime. So journalists anywhere should at least be on guard. But I think they know that, for the most part. Not news really. So many are receiving death threats. Overseas residents - just broadly speaking, there is no clear answer to your question on that, I think, @Focas.

If you are reading a variety of news, @Focas, you would see reports on this. Gustav was not implying anything in particular, simply giving more information so people can be informed. It is not a complacent situation in the world. People are correct to be very concerned.
    I have degrees in economics and journalism as well as a diploma in business managment so this is a real domain of mine that I can speak on. Russia has no ability toc ontrol what happens outside of its borders @4everbonded, I asked if he could kill overseas residents and russian journalists do not qualify of that deifnition. frankly I don;t care if he murders russian journalists if they deserve it under Russian закон (law) but what I do care about is if this grip can extend to the USA and journalists in the USA would he kill USA journalists who report this stuff.
    Focas wrote: »
    I have degrees in economics and journalism as well as a diploma in business managment so this is a real domain of mine that I can speak on. Russia has no ability toc ontrol what happens outside of its borders @4everbonded, I asked if he could kill overseas residents and russian journalists do not qualify of that deifnition. frankly I don;t care if he murders russian journalists if they deserve it under Russian закон (law) but what I do care about is if this grip can extend to the USA and journalists in the USA would he kill USA journalists who report this stuff.
    You'd think a paid troll would at least be literate.
    =))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    rigged-rigging-meme.jpg
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 11,119
    rigged-rigging-meme.jpg

And again you bring up Hillary Clinton, why you actually should slam the Kremlin. They are criticizing Obama's last month of his presidency, they criticise his so called 'misbehaviour' of unwritten rules regarding term ends / transitions.

Well dear Mr Putin? How dare you to criticize these aspects of democracy, if you yourself don't give a rat's ass about democratic institutions. You know when elections are being rigged Putin? Look at your own country you dwarf! You win with +85% during your so called 'democratic elections'. Now THAT'S rigging.

I shall say it now here: Read those Economist articles Mr Putin. You insane -yet sadly damn smart- dictator!
    Okay, I hate both parties right now. I'm reading a whole passel of crap about Bernie causing Hillary's defeat on one side, and all manner of happy happy bs about Trump undoing all the evils of the Obama admin on the other. I'll never vote for either party again.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited January 2017 Posts: 8,087
    Okay, I hate both parties right now. I'm reading a whole passel of crap about Bernie causing Hillary's defeat on one side, and all manner of happy happy bs about Trump undoing all the evils of the Obama admin on the other. I'll never vote for either party again.

Let's not get morbid now.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Let's just abort the country and start over.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Can't. It's too far along.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Yes we can. Nothing is impossible.

Aye, laddie!
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    =))
    What the **** is a paid troll?

^#(^
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Nuke it? Yeah, better.

• chrisisall wrote: »
    =))

^#(^

I recommend consulting a mirror.
    =))

^#(^

Just what I thought.
  • Sometimes a good agent just has to trust his or her instincts.
    I don't post much in this thread, so count yourselves lucky!

Here's what I want to say re the future President Donald Trump:

At least give Trump the benefit of the doubt. Give him the first 100 days and see what he actually achieves (if anything). Some people only like democracy if it goes their way - such people are not true democrats and are in fact actually much closer to the tenets of fascism than they'd ever realise.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Some people only like democracy if it goes their way - such people are not true democrats and are in fact actually much closer to the tenets of fascism than they'd ever realise.
    I believe that to a point, but when someone does something WRONG, it's not 'political' anymore, it's WRONG.
    It's not fascist to hate fascism...
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Some people only like democracy if it goes their way - such people are not true democrats and are in fact actually much closer to the tenets of fascism than they'd ever realise.
    I believe that to a point, but when someone does something WRONG, it's not 'political' anymore, it's WRONG.
    It's not fascist to hate fascism...

Yes, by all means protest then. Just wait till Trump is in power as President. He's not there just yet.
    T minus 18 days until the greatest day of the United States of America™ since 20 July 1969.
    T minus 18 days until the greatest day of the United States of America™ since 20 July 1969.
    So, you're actually looking forward to a new era of xenophobic hatred & rape culture? Wow....

:-O
  • "There's one giant con-job for a man, and one giant xenophobic rape for all mankind."
    I think you botched that quote.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 1,187
    So, you're actually looking forward to a new era of xenophobic hatred & rape culture? Wow....

Mod edit: Please... Family friendly forum. Also, the edit button DOES work!
    edited January 2017 Posts: 1,187
    =))

^#(^

I'd wish for people that make one post in this topic and then leave to not post at all.

You need to start breaking those pills you're on in half.
This discussion has been closed.