Analyzing the Transition of Power After The U.S. Election and Beyond Into Future Global Politics

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    chrisisall wrote: »
    T minus 18 days until the greatest day of the United States of America™ since 20 July 1969.
    So, you're actually looking forward to a new era of xenophobic hatred & rape culture? Wow....

:-O

You need to start breaking those pills you're on in half.
    If you don't SEE this happening now even before he takes office then you need a new ocularist.

;)
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Ill informed voters.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Why can't this just be a good thread and die?
    Murdock wrote: »

• edited January 2017 Posts: 3,564
    Focas wrote: »
    I have degrees in economics and journalism as well as a diploma in business managment so this is a real domain of mine that I can speak on. Russia has no ability toc ontrol what happens outside of its borders @4everbonded, I asked if he could kill overseas residents and russian journalists do not qualify of that deifnition. frankly I don;t care if he murders russian journalists if they deserve it under Russian закон (law) but what I do care about is if this grip can extend to the USA and journalists in the USA would he kill USA journalists who report this stuff.
    You'd think a paid troll would at least be literate.
    =))
    What the **** is a paid troll?

^#(^

I recommend consulting a mirror.

I'd wish for people that make one post in this topic and then leave to not post at all.

Thinking you can dictate how often people can post on this topic -- or whether they can post at all -- is the indication of a bully.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 565
    Here's what I don't get about the whole Russia hacking thing. Assume that it was proven that Russia was solely responsible and did it to both compromise the American election and have Hillary lose. If there was nothing worth hiding, there wouldn't been a story of any magnitude. Only because there were shenanigans played, it became a story that fed into the election. It just feels to me like its an inconvenient truth to so many...
    I have degrees in economics and journalism as well as a diploma in business managment so this is a real domain of mine that I can speak on. Russia has no ability toc ontrol what happens outside of its borders @4everbonded, I asked if he could kill overseas residents and russian journalists do not qualify of that deifnition. frankly I don;t care if he murders russian journalists if they deserve it under Russian закон (law) but what I do care about is if this grip can extend to the USA and journalists in the USA would he kill USA journalists who report this stuff.
    =))

^#(^

I'd wish for people that make one post in this topic and then leave to not post at all.

You'd wish for people you can bully and tyranize. Get over yourself @QO, you give a bad organization an even worse reputation than they deserve.

=))
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Here's what I don't get about the whole Russia hacking thing. Assume that it was proven that Russia was solely responsible and did it to both compromise the American election and have Hillary lose. If there was nothing worth hiding, there wouldn't been a story of any magnitude. Only because there were shenanigans played, it became a story that fed into the election. It just feels to me like its an inconvenient truth to so many...
    It was a feed into the whole 'Benghazi' mentality that was originally fueled by the Repub's grand & expensive attempt to discredit Clinton. If you say it loudly & often enough it becomes FACT in the minds of the dim. Obstructing the Obama administration at every turn was key. Shutting down the government worked as well. The master plan was to make Obama look ineffective in the minds of enough people to swing the coming election their way, and it worked big time. Better than they even expected. Ryan didn't think it would work, and why he distanced himself as far as possible from the Trumpster. Look how fast he changed his tune when the election results rolled in. Comey & the Russians were merely great ancillary assists. The MEDIA is owned & controlled by corporations (for the most part) that generate their revenue and job security by making much ado about nothing.

Is Hillary corrupt & avaricious? Of course. All politicians who reach this plateau are to one degree or another.
    But Trump is corrupt, avaricious AND inept.
    And that's a frightening combination for anyone who knows history.
    =))

^#(^

You'd wish for people you can bully and tyranize. Get over yourself @QO, you give a bad organization an even worse reputation than they deserve.
    Let me put to rest this myth you and Chrisisall started that I'm a bully or troll, I'm a member just like you.

=))

^#(^

Bully and Tyrannize?
    If that's what you think people do on an internet forum then you need to toughen up for the challenges in the real world.
    I'm a member just like you.
    I'll take that as an insult.
    Perhaps if you weren't so self-absorbed, you'd know I was referring to BeatlesSanEarmuffs
    Perhaps if you weren't so self-absorbed, you'd know I was referring to BeatlesSanEarmuffs
    I'm assuming we'd BOTH take that as an insult.
    @BeatlesSansEarmuffs correct me if I'm wrong please.
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    I'm assuming we'd BOTH take that as an insult.
    @BeatlesSansEarmuffs correct me if I'm wrong please.

You are not wrong, sir.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Arnold is great as the thread, but who is that mod?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited January 2017 Posts: 12,459
    Amusing, but unfortunately our country's clock is ticking.
    So here I am, with a serious post. Just skip this if you are so inclined; I know some of you are. But some will read it.

There will be no change with Trump. He is ramping up still. Clearly dismissing and disrespecting our own nation's intelligence community is just one issue, but it is huge warning sign. We have had plenty of warning signs all along, haven't we?

Clearly, Trump will continue to do what has enabled him so far. All the American people, including plenty who voted for him, who want him to start acting presidential can stop holding their breath. He cannot. So far, he has little incentive to do anything different as our government representatives are still far too quiet.

He will continue to tweet. It serves several purposes for him. Just remember he lies, and lies often, twists facts, tries to credit himself continually even when facts prove him wrong. You think all politicians lie? Yes, but not like this. This is different, it is really happening, and we must deal with it.

Sometimes his small, tight inner circle (Kellyanne for one) help him compose his tweets. Often it is just him. He tweets in the middle of the night on his own. Twitter has become one of his most important tools and he reaps propaganda benefits from it daily. Why would he stop? Besides, I think he cannot; it is one of his biggest habits.

Just remember: Trump lies. He completely lies outright or misleads, in so many ways. If you look at any research on authoritarian regimes, how they came into power, things likes that, you would have plenty to compare Trump with. They match, step for step.

When was his last press conference?

Why will he not have daily press briefings in the usual style as all other presidents have for decades?

Why will he not have a press pool with him when he travels?

Why does he like nuclear weapons so much and already sending out very provocative statements? That is not aiming towards peace; it is the opposite.

Why is he so hateful towards the media? It is beyond reasonable. His actions are of real concern. He continues to disparage, try to humiliate, attempt to dismantle, or own outright and dictate what is allowed to be said. He seriously threatens them as a whole (NY Times) or individuals. Those are not the actions or attitudes of a president; but they do fit the profile of a dictator, one who will take away civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, all of that.

Yeah, I wish this were an exaggeration. It cannot happen in America, right? It is happening in front of us right now. And I am one of the most cautious people you will ever know. I can only hope that we (the people) force our system (govt representatives) to do what is right. That will take massive energy and coordinated effort, just to keep the damage to a minimum.

Why will he not have intelligence briefings from our own nation's intelligence community? They are offered daily and other presidents have taken these daily. He refuses. Kellyanne says he gets his intel from other sources. Right.

Oh and why does he still have his own private security force/bodyguards with him? Yeah, he does. That is another weird thing. He only trusts them apparently. And he plans to keep them while being president of our nation. Our Secret Service is there also, but the ones next to him, and he is beefing this up even more, are his own private hired enforcers.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/donald-trump-security-force-232797
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-private-security_us_58582298e4b039044709b933

I have not even touched on the racism, bigotry, and lining his own pockets that exudes from his actions and words nearly every day. He will not fully step out of his businesses. Whatever he does, for show, it will be a sham. It is too bad because it is pretty much shameless now, his courting of foreign businesses, his holding court in his golden Trump tower. Our country is in a very dire situation.

Give him a chance? Wait till he is sworn in before criticizing? No chance. It simply does not fit the facts. This is not at all a normal situation where that approach could be applied safely. Trump is abnormal. We cannot act like all of this is normal or even okay. We cannot sit with our mouths taped shut when we see things like this happening. We cannot ignore the meekness of most of our media (Trump's administration wants them totally strangled), the hesitation to call a lie a lie or a white supremist a white supremist. We cannot be silent and wait patiently for things to "work out" or for our system's check and balances to "kick in" .... like there is a magic time or a magic wand to make this happen, to make things right. Time is of the essence.

Most important post of the day IMO. ^^^^^
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited January 2017 Posts: 12,459
    Ok, I will finish with just one more (admittedly not brief) post. This is about one of his latest tweets that is a lie (there was no meeting to discuss hacking scheduled at that date/time). To be specific, I am saying this is a lie by Trump because I believe our intelligence services on this. I also think the chances, actual probability that Trump is the one lying is far greater than the opposite; especially as he led this issue with his tweet denouncing them. I'll just post this and leave again for awhile. Bye, and thanks for reading ... :)>-

This is a recent tweet and seems really designed to persuade others (and reinforce with his loyal followers) that he is the only one who is correct AND that nobody can trust our own country's intelligence services. Why on earth would the incoming president of the United States take that approach, that line? Why? Because it benefits him personally somehow. Because surely our intel people have a lot of unsavory facts and information about Trump's dealings over decades (so hey, no matter what they say about me, don't believe them, folks #MAGA).

It is a preemptive strike by Trump because the intelligence community is way onto him, and they know his past and connections (that would be the mob and Russia business connections, to name two) - and they will not go quietly. I'm thankful for that. They may be our greatest hope. Our intelligence community and all the citizens who bombarded their representatives insisting the ethics committee change NOT be allowed. Those citizens are what stopped it, not Trump. (I know, I know, it is probably only delayed; Trump does want it to pass.) Politicians want to protect themselves, their own jobs, so American citizens: please keep speaking up loudly, clearly, unrelentingly.

(As always, when I share a link on twitter: click in, read, click into the other tweet it is quoting,etc. And comments do sometimes have other good links to open up and read)

Well, I think this is a key point. If you don't read anything else below, please read this.

This current development:

Lovely video here, watch for yourself, it is not long:

Trump will make America like Russia & Putin will make Russia like America!
    What could possibly go wrong?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Not if we don't let it happen. We the people will make America great again and if any assholes try to mess things up then we will fight for what's right.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited January 2017 Posts: 17,848
    Not if we don't let it happen. We the people will make America great again and if any assholes try to mess things up then we will fight for what's right.

What we need is a citizen's army like the SA. And yes, that is irony, but there's a serious point about the street protests in the US there too if you take the time to think about it.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,554
    This week's headlines:

1. The House Repubs tried to secretly get rid of the oversight ethics committee. They wanted to move this "in house," with NO public disclosure. They tried to do this in 2004, too. Once again, they prove that they do not like rules and think rules are for suckers.

2. Ford decides not to move jobs to mexico. Well, the Donald seems to be waving a magic wand and keeping companies at home. I am not sure how this happens, but you'd better believe there are backdoor dealings that ought to scare the hell out of people. Oddly, even Sarah Palin has expressed concern over how/why Trump is doing this--in regards to Carrier, earlier. But the precedent is being set: U.S. companies might be able to blackmail the government into whatever they want. "Give us X or else we will kill 6000 jobs."

3. Trump is at war with the intelligence community. Chuck Schumer has implied that this will not turn out well for Trump, suggesting the CIA may find ways to retaliate. Think they can dig up dirt on the President?

4. The GOP is in turmoil over what do to over the ACA. This is a big story, because it proves that Republicans really have no ideas or plans for how to solve problems and move the country forward. They have had SEVEN YEARS to come up with an alternative and...have nothing to offer. If you want to know why they are failing at this, you just have to look at the lack of critical thinking skills. A group that can't accept climate change, can't accept the world as billions of years old, while also embracing coal energy, are trying to solve healthcare...LOL. You can see their tiny brains ready to explode.

Thanks Trip!
    =))

^#(^

Bully and Tyrannize?
    If that's what you think people do on an internet forum then you need to toughen up for the challenges in the real world.

Unlike yourself, I've been dealing with the challenges of the real world for many decades before the invention of the internet. You can either go away or start acting honorably & responsibly...but the act you've been putting on so far doesn't impress anybody.
    You can either go away or start acting honorably & responsibly...but the act you've been putting on so far doesn't impress anybody.
    Hmmm... you could be talking to Trump here as well...
    I've been thinking here, really thinking, and you know, I have the best thoughts, and I believe what Hillary didn't seem to realize during her campaign is that the most difficult aspect of management in a neo-cyber post-humanist economy is the latent sub-industrial pro-corporate mentality that challenges management style itself and promotes a basic & deep seated mistrust of (what appears to be) the systematic spread and utilization of quasi-useless, self-promoting and generally confrontational informed access and retrieval of materials & data relating to societal homeostasis.
    Thoughts?
    I've been thinking here, really thinking, and you know, I have the best thoughts, and I believe what Hillary didn't seem to realize during her campaign is that the most difficult aspect of management in a neo-cyber post-humanist economy is the latent sub-industrial pro-corporate mentality that challenges management style itself and promotes a basic & deep seated mistrust of (what appears to be) the systematic spread and utilization of quasi-useless, self-promoting and generally confrontational informed access and retrieval of materials & data relating to societal homeostasis.
    Thoughts?

Hmmmm...you could be talking QuantumOrganization here as well...
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Thoughts?

@chrisisall

I think we had these debates earlier. As a democrat, I was not opposed to Sanders and his his ideas. But I also saw the writing on the wall, proven in the released emails: there was no way Sanders was getting this ticket. That didn't anger me as much as it did others, and Sanders' supporters were irate. To me, it was just a reality. But none of that was HRC's fault. This would be like blaming Daniel Craig for getting the Bond role if EON had rigged it in his favor.

The emails hurt. Benghazi hurt. But I also think the pro-Sanders crowd hurt, too, because HRC had no momentum.

All that said, I do not think Sanders would have won the general, either. I could be wrong. But once the RNC would have started hopping on his "socialism" line, it would be lights out. Nothing scares away middle America like that one word.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 17,694
    TripAces wrote: »
    All that said, I do not think Sanders would have won the general, either. I could be wrong. But once the RNC would have started hopping on his "socialism" line, it would be lights out. Nothing scares away middle America like that one word.

Welcome to middle America! The middle America that Trump has forgotten. Once they feel the sting of his policies, 'Democratic Socialism' might not seem so terrible after all.... :-?
This discussion has been closed.