The Bond Movies & Actors I Can't Stand (Negativity Only Please)

1363738394042»

Comments

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Szonana wrote: »
    I loved so much the onscreen chemistry of Pierce Brosnan and Teri hatcher on the love scene from tomorrow never dies that I can't stand knowing their of screen chemistry was a whole different story.

Especially because it was Pierce the one who was wrong and it speaks not so nice about him that a Bond girl didn't have a good experience with him especially the wife of a Bond fan gives him a bitt of a bad Rep
    Its a bitt of a bummer that my favorite Bond actor wasnt a gentleman with one of hid Bond girls.

Even Sean Connery with his short Temper against Harry Saltzman and Cubby was loved by all of his Bond girls and all speak very dearly about him( Sean Connery). Meanwhile Pierce joins the club of Lazenby and Roger who had a Bond girl that had a bad relationship eith them of screen.

Pierce with Teri Hatcher, Roger Moore with Grace Jones and Lazenby with Diana Rigg

From what I've heard, he was only unpleasant to her because she was frequently late to filming. He was unaware that it was due to her being pregnant, as she hadn't told anyone yet.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Yes, the on screen relationship is believable. But Hatcher is still bloody awful. Just imagine it would have been Monica Bellucci and all the planned scenes had stayed in the film with HER.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I found her most convincing when lying dead on the bed. That was a touching and believable moment.

Her 'alive' scenes were quite horrid and I thought she was trying to take over the 'block of wood' crown from Talisa Soto, who at that point had held it proudly for 8 years.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I'm eternally thankful the good doctor has taken care of her. It was not a second to soon and I'm sure he could have shot her from Stuttgart and made it look like an accident.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    bondjames wrote: »
    I thought she was trying to take over the 'block of wood' crown from Talisa Soto, who at that point had held it proudly for 8 years.
    Hey, F**K YOU MAN, Talisa was AWESOME!!! Her 'empty-headed beauty queen' take was F**KING SPOT-ON!! Do you even know how F**KING HARD it is to act like a brainless bimbo without breaking the fourth wall??? Eat my shorts, dude.

This frantic rant was brought to you courtesy of the founder of the Talisa Soto Eternal Worship of The Goddess website.

:))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Lupe was fine before she started fawning over James. Everytime I hear "I love James...soo much." I cringe. :)) Much better in that Mortal Kombat movie though.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I thought she was trying to take over the 'block of wood' crown from Talisa Soto, who at that point had held it proudly for 8 years.
    Hey, F**K YOU MAN, Talisa was AWESOME!!! Her 'empty-headed beauty queen' take was F**KING SPOT-ON!! Do you even know how F**KING HARD it is to act like a brainless bimbo without breaking the fourth wall??? Eat my shorts, dude.

This frantic rant was brought to you courtesy of the founder of the Talisa Soto Eternal Worship of The Goddess website.
    :))
    You've got me there, although I suppose for the right actress, it could come rather easily.

Nobody in the 54 years of the official franchise has acted the brainless bimbo as well as Talisa. Even Gloria Hendry, Tanya Roberts, Lynn Holly Johnson, Lana Wood & Britt Ekland had to bow down before such awesome acting finesse.

Brought to you by the brainless bimbos for Bond fan site.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Brought to you by the brainless bimbos for Bond fan site.

Touche'! :))
    R.M.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    As I've said before, my only real issue with the villains was that Kananga's death felt rushed so that we could get to the train fight. Barely a minute after Kananga bursts Bond is on the train.

Would you have preferred seeing them flee the island instead? His death still comes at the end of the movie during the finale, I don't see it being rushed at all. But, that's just me. If we're talking awkward segues, lately it has bothered me that we get the incredibly emotional finale that OHMSS offers...just for it to quickly and awkwardly cut to the upbeat theme song as Bond still holds his dear-departed wife's body.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    I loved so much the onscreen chemistry of Pierce Brosnan and Teri hatcher on the love scene from tomorrow never dies that I can't stand knowing their of screen chemistry was a whole different story.

Especially because it was Pierce the one who was wrong and it speaks not so nice about him that a Bond girl didn't have a good experience with him especially the wife of a Bond fan gives him a bitt of a bad Rep
    Its a bitt of a bummer that my favorite Bond actor wasnt a gentleman with one of hid Bond girls.

Even Sean Connery with his short Temper against Harry Saltzman and Cubby was loved by all of his Bond girls and all speak very dearly about him( Sean Connery). Meanwhile Pierce joins the club of Lazenby and Roger who had a Bond girl that had a bad relationship eith them of screen.

Pierce with Teri Hatcher, Roger Moore with Grace Jones and Lazenby with Diana Rigg

I think Madonna got in a bit of a huff with PB too when he, jokingly, started singing 'Like a Virgin' on set!
    tanaka123 wrote: »

I think Madonna got in a bit of a huff with PB too when he, jokingly, started singing 'Like a Virgin' on set!

But in that case it was Madonna who was wrong and taking herself too seriously since Pierce was just joking so no big deal there.

With Teri hatcher it was lack of patience from his part.

Hatcher had a terrible reputation on Desperate Housewives and his fellow actors seem to love Pierce. You do the math.
  • I hate it when the bond films go underwater. Submarines are OK, but as soon as there's SCUBA involved, things grind to a halt. The action is sluggish and incoherent, there's no sound, and the colour falls apart. I think maybe seeing people fighting with spear guns underwater was thrilling in the 1960s, but I'd be happy with seeing it banned from all Bond films from now on.
  • octofinger wrote: »
    I hate it when the bond films go underwater. Submarines are OK, but as soon as there's SCUBA involved, things grind to a halt. The action is sluggish and incoherent, there's no sound, and the colour falls apart. I think maybe seeing people fighting with spear guns underwater was thrilling in the 1960s, but I'd be happy with seeing it banned from all Bond films from now on.

I hate the TB underwater scenes too, but damned if the underwater scene in LTK wasn't thrilling and enormously exciting.
    Its difficult to make underwater scenes exciting! The climax of TB is done very well, but still not hugely thrilling! LTK did it really well. i think it was down to the editing! Its a brilliant sequence overall.
    I think a lot of it can also be down to the music.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited October 2016 Posts: 6,781
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Its difficult to make underwater scenes exciting! The climax of TB is done very well, but still not hugely thrilling! LTK did it really well. i think it was down to the editing! Its a brilliant sequence overall.

In LTK, as much as the rest of the film, it's the simplicity that makes it so good. Bond chased underwater, gets cornered and outnumbered but invents a quick getaway. Next scene.

Short and effective.
  • Yes, LTK's underwater scene is good because it is concise. It escalates quickly and does not waste your time. Whereas TB fails.