The Bond Movies & Actors I Can't Stand (Negativity Only Please)

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited April 2016 Posts: 4,116
    suavejmf wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Tamahori did a good job, it was the CGI department that failed.

The worst director in the series of course is Apted (TWINE).

For me it's Glen, but Apted was originally the director that disappointed me the most. Mendes holds the title for me now.

I know we don't quite agree on that. We do that Apted was disappointing to say the least.

Apted can't even win that title for me.

What. Glen made TLD, LTK and FYEO...All great films.

Dalton supposedly doesn't even like Glen's direction.

I like those films too but in spite of Glen.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited April 2016 Posts: 17,691
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Szonana wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Brosnan bugs me.
    He's too good looking.
    He's sometimes serious & sometimes funny.
    He runs the way Olympic athletes do.
    He makes pain look uncomfortable or something.
    He tends to have good chemistry with even bad actresses.
    He bothers to put in good performances even in bad movies....

For all those reasons i love him.

Everything above is positive about Pierce. He can't run for shit though. He would have been in the bottom set in PE.

Apparently he used to play Rugby (according to an interview he did in 2002).
    That's what I mean. He doesn't run like a real person. He runs like the freakin' Flash! He counterbalances with his arms like a perfect computer simulation of a world-class sprinter! At least Craig makes it look difficult.
    hqdefault.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Everyone should run like Tom Cruise.
    Everyone should run like Tom Cruise.
    He runs like a combination of Craig & Brosnan. Unusually fit, short strides, but amazing lung capacity... I'd venture to say he's as fast as Brosnan.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Szonana wrote: »
    Brosnan bugs me.
    He's too good looking.
    He's sometimes serious & sometimes funny.
    He runs the way Olympic athletes do.
    He makes pain look uncomfortable or something.
    He tends to have good chemistry with even bad actresses.
    He bothers to put in good performances even in bad movies....

For all those reasons i love him.

Everything above is positive about Pierce. He can't run for shit though. He would have been in the bottom set in PE.

Well yes i agree his running isn't the best but it's something i can overlook. No big deal
  • mcdonbb wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Tamahori did a good job, it was the CGI department that failed.

The worst director in the series of course is Apted (TWINE).

For me it's Glen, but Apted was originally the director that disappointed me the most. Mendes holds the title for me now.

I know we don't quite agree on that. We do that Apted was disappointing to say the least.

Apted can't even win that title for me.

What. Glen made TLD, LTK and FYEO...All great films.

Dalton supposedly doesn't even like Glen's direction.

I like those films too but in spite of Glen.

Yes indeed. Glen got some things right but the films probably would've benefited from a better director. Not someone who has very little concept of tone.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    What I mean by the running is....watch Craig run in CR...he looks fast and athletic. Watch Brosnan in TND and he looks a tad, well, camp and silly. When not running Brosnan looks suave....but anything more than a jog is Comedic.

I think the only time Brosnan looks silly running is when he's running away from the ice palace in DAD.

I remember people also levelling the "doesn't he run funny" criticism at Craig.

What about TND in the printworks! Laughable.
    What I mean by the running is....watch Craig run in CR...he looks fast and athletic. Watch Brosnan in TND and he looks a tad, well, camp and silly. When not running Brosnan looks suave....but anything more than a jog is Comedic.

I think the only time Brosnan looks silly running is when he's running away from the ice palace in DAD.

I remember people also levelling the "doesn't he run funny" criticism at Craig.

What about TND in the printworks! Laughable.

Wasn't as silly as the DAD shot tho.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Craig is very good at running, in fact it is the best thing he does. And looking grim.
    He seriously lacks in other departments though. Not that it would have hurt CR, QOS or SP at all. Those movies are perfect for him.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Craig is very good at running, in fact it is the best thing he does. And looking grim.
    He seriously lacks in other departments though. Not that it would have hurt CR, QOS or SP at all. Those movies are perfect for him.

I agree that Craig running in SF is very credible. I wish they'd included the scene in the final film which we saw in the teaser trailer of him running, Rocky style.

I disagree on SP being perfect for him though. I think he is better suited to the first three. There is something about his performance in SP that is affected to me. Like he's trying to be someone else. There was a little of that in SF too, but not as noticeable.

He is best when he's playing it without tropes.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

hqdefault.jpg[/quote]

That s a good runner. We have found our next Bond.
    hqdefault.jpg

That s a good runner. We have found our next Bond.[/quote]

I would agree if it was British!
    At least he isn t blond.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited April 2016 Posts: 4,116
    hqdefault.jpg

That s a good runner. We have found our next Bond.

I would agree if it was British![/quote]

:)) ...

Don't know if British. Native American perhaps.

Will E. Coyote I believe does have some sort of British like accent. Hard to place.

Daffy straight up New York Jewish. Porky Pig probably Canadian.

I kinda lost how we got here.
    I thought Daffy was black?

If Daffy Duck was British, he would be the first choice to play Bond by many, he does resemble Idris Elba somewhat.

But then, Daffy Duck already is:
    full.jpg

so he can't be Bond.

I think Craig looks pretty suave in the role. Fleming's Bond for the 21st Century and a god send after the mess that was the Brosnan era.
  • peterpeter Toronto

I think Craig looks pretty suave in the role. Fleming's Bond for the 21st Century and a god send after the mess that was the Brosnan era.

agreed... P
    peter wrote: »

I think Craig looks pretty suave in the role. Fleming's Bond for the 21st Century.

agreed... P

I didn't say Craig doesn't look suave.

He can't be bond then. Plus he's not British anyhow. Ha ha.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    The World Is Not Enough is one of the dullest drabest looking films I've ever seen. The only colour I can remember of the film is the blue uniforms that Bond and co wear in the nuclear facility. All the sets are also terrible, and the film is shot in such a pedestrian way, it makes Glen look like Tarantino by comparison.
    The World Is Not Enough is one of the dullest drabest looking films I've ever seen. The only colour I can remember of the film is the blue uniforms that Bond and co wear in the nuclear facility. All the sets are also terrible, and the film is shot in such a pedestrian way, it makes Glen look like Tarantino by comparison.

The colour is more vibrant on Blu Ray than DVD - cases in point - Lachaise's desk is a richer hue of mahoghany, the fire coming out of the Q boat is more vibrant.

I more or less agree, TWINE is dreary and lifeless most of the time, except the brilliant PTS.
    Sadly they repeated this with SF, the other dreary snot in the franchise. Although saved to a certain degree by what must be the best cinematography ever.
    And both movies have the stupidest and obnoxious plots ever in a Bond movie. And boring ridiculous main villains (Renard, Silva).
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Agreed on TWINE looking rather awful throughout. They even managed to make the Bosphorus look dull. Quite an achievement.
    tanaka123 wrote: »

The colour is more vibrant on Blu Ray than DVD - cases in point - Lachaise's desk is a richer hue of mahoghany, the fire coming out of the Q boat is more vibrant.
    Yes, the Blu Ray is like a different movie almost.
    So bluray makes TWINE good?

I'm not sure anything could pull that off.
  • The World Is Not Enough is one of the dullest drabest looking films I've ever seen. The only colour I can remember of the film is the blue uniforms that Bond and co wear in the nuclear facility. All the sets are also terrible, and the film is shot in such a pedestrian way, it makes Glen look like Tarantino by comparison.

Apted.
    Better.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Better.

Quite undeniably, yes. :D