No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Just a thought to temper expectations: I know everyone is expecting either some kind of news or non-news tomorrow, but if the interview isn't being streamed and it's just Craig and the interviewer might we not hear anything at all tomorrow, as opposed to say Monday or whenever the article/story/whatever is released? Again, just a thought for anyone planning on spending some quality time with their refresh button tomorrow.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited October 2016 Posts: 1,756
    In the meanwhile, I find this quote sort of interesting:

"How does one train at Oxford and the Sorbonne become a consultant, spend two years with Medecins Sans Frontieres and end up here?"

Never knew Madeleine was part of Doctors Without Borders.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Just a thought to temper expectations: I know everyone is expecting either some kind of news or non-news tomorrow, but if the interview isn't being streamed and it's just Craig and the interviewer might we not hear anything at all tomorrow, as opposed to say Monday or whenever the article/story/whatever is released? Again, just a thought for anyone planning on spending some quality time with their refresh button tomorrow.

I'm hoping we get some tweets from people in the audience. Plus someone on this board has some friends that are going to be there so I'm sure we'll hear something either tomorrow or before the weekend's up.
  • Ah, didn't realize there was an audience. If that's the case, then yes, anything relevant should leak tomorrow.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Not sure if this was mentioned before. Anyone know of there's a scheduled time for the interview?
    Someone on ajb posted 10 pm but it didn't specify which time zone.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Eastern.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Just saw it, thanks.
    I imagine the interview will be posted on this site? I understand it's not being filmed.
    I wonder if anyone from the MI6 crew are attending?
    Less than 24 hrs from now..........I was kinda hoping I'd go to bed tonight, and by the time I woke up in the morning I'd log in post interview to discover Craig has signed on for the next 2 Bonds to be released 2018 and 2020 respectively.
    Yet it's 10 pm eastern time- a whole 'nother day.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Less than 24 hrs from now..........I was kinda hoping I'd go to bed tonight, and by the time I woke up in the morning I'd log in post interview to discover Craig has signed on for the next 2 Bonds to be released 2018 and 2020 respectively.
    Yet it's 10 pm eastern time- a whole 'nother day.

That'd be amazing. Two more films for him 2018 and 2020. But I wont get my hopes up for that ever happening. But, Dan, please say you do at least this next one. Big fan.
    There is a good chance Craig may not reveal anything later today GMT, I am not expecting much.
    Here is the intro for October 7th: The Movie.

Found it quite interesting if you dig a little deeper in too the Othello production Dan is about do, one of the producers behind the production is Babsy baby.

Well, that is a major news thing if you ask me. And a pivotal sign that Daniel Craig and Barbara Broccoli love working together.....And that could very well be continued with Bond 25
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I hope they just tell us a release date soon. I'm thinking summer 2019.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    They have to give us the distributor, first.
    Well...here we are on DC-Day....fingers crossed here he gives us an answer either way.
    Hopefully. Although, I doubt he'll say anything about the studio. At best he can say something about his residence in the franchise whether staying or leaving.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I think they'll prob leave any James Bond questions until the end.
    It may be the impatience in me beaming out, but I have the urge to say MGM is really slowing them down.
    It may be the impatience in me beaming out, but I have the urge to say MGM is really slowing them down.

I'd have to agree with you. I'm getting the impression that they're waiting until they are in a position to distribute it themselves.
    tanaka123 wrote: »

I'd have to agree with you. I'm getting the impression that they're waiting until they are in a position to distribute it themselves.
    I have the same feeling about it, especially when Gary Barber had that kind of desire in statement sometime ago. Well, to think about it, it'd be for the best. A lot better of an option than to keep Sony around.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I tend to agree.

The issue here appears to be MGM, their potential IPO, and positioning their tentpole franchise for maximum return.

It's a potential problem folks, because if they go public, given their dependence on Bond for success, there is the risk that the franchise could be under pressure to further appeal to the masses rather than focus on quality.

I'm not saying it will happen, but there is a risk.
    Nothing wrong with appealing to the masses. It's what made Bond huge in the first place. It's popular entertainment and should always remain as such. It doesn't mean they can't create a quality product at the same time as appealing to a big audience. Having said that, if a billion takings becomes the benchmark it does put them under a lot of pressure.
  • I am shocked by the amount of flack, Spectre gets. My fourth fave bond film after CR,OHMSS,Skyfall. Just loved it, the amazing opening sequence, the DVD from M, The Wonderful Spectre meeting,Monica Bellucci, Q involved in the mission, Terrific Car Chase, Great Train Fight. All Classic Bond. Daniel Craig is my favorite Bond, and I just hope he announces today he will do one more. Go out with a big extravaganza, Bond down under or a huge Japan or China adventure.
    phibes72 wrote: »
    I am shocked by the amount of flack, Spectre gets. My fourth fave bond film after CR,OHMSS,Skyfall. Just loved it, the amazing opening sequence, the DVD from M, The Wonderful Spectre meeting,Monica Bellucci, Q involved in the mission, Terrific Car Chase, Great Train Fight. All Classic Bond. Daniel Craig is my favorite Bond, and I just hope he announces today he will do one more. Go out with a big extravaganza, Bond down under or a huge Japan or China adventure.

I'm with you. I love Spectre, and Craig is so good. Hope he comes back for one more.
  • Regardless of our thoughts on Spectre (I thought it was mostly terrific), DC seemed so at ease in the role, like he had officially become James Bond and was loving every minute of it. IMO it would be an absolute shame if he didn't do at least one more.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    phibes72 wrote: »
    I am shocked by the amount of flack, Spectre gets. My fourth fave bond film after CR,OHMSS,Skyfall. Just loved it, the amazing opening sequence, the DVD from M, The Wonderful Spectre meeting,Monica Bellucci, Q involved in the mission, Terrific Car Chase, Great Train Fight. All Classic Bond. Daniel Craig is my favorite Bond, and I just hope he announces today he will do one more. Go out with a big extravaganza, Bond down under or a huge Japan or China adventure.

I can't stand SP but I was willing to play along with what you had to say especially as your top 3 is respectable... until you said, "Terrific Car Chase". Obviously, we all have our favourites and we enjoy what we like but SP was one gigantic misstep for me and is largely a forgettable movie.