The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    He wears a Superman costume in both of those?

I know that at least in TWINE's director's cut he fights Renard in that suit. Makes the pain faces slightly more tolerable, I must say.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I never realised before that that lump in Renard s hand is kraptonite.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Supes Pierce has taken over the Craig Appreciation thread.

I LIKE IT
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2016 Posts: 13,894
    Murdock wrote: »
    Superman is supposed to have perfect hair. ;)
    1ZaF3uf.jpg

"It it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a man with perfectly coiffed hair."

Kryptonite is no match for a man whose hair is caked in Brylcream.
    :))

Very good.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Are we really that stuck in our Bond-Fandom mindset that we....only consider Martin Campbell as director? Not that I dislike Campbell. On the contrary, he would be a serious option for me as well.

But, as we were discussing good stories and better screenplays, then why not letting first EON Productions focus on that and afterwards look for a possible director to execute it. It has been done with GE, with CR and perhaps with Bond #25?

Having said all that, and IF a damn good story is in place, I do have a wishlist of directors who could direct such a good story treatment:

- Martín Campbell
    - Steven Soderbergh
    - Ron Howard
    - Christopher Nolan
    - Paul Haggis (as director)
    - Guy Ritchie
    - Denis Villeneuve
    - Paul Greengrass
    - Anthony & Joe Russo
    - Jon Favreau
    - Kathryn Bigelow
    - Matthew Vaughn

That is a great list. But you have forgotten the most important one.

Alfonso Cuarón.
    Imagine him together with Alexandre Desplat doing the score.

This man gets it!
  • I am a bit late to the discussion though for what it's worth I think DC is superb as Bond in CR and QOS.
    I am a bit late to the discussion though for what it's worth I think DC is superb as Bond in CR and QOS.

You didnt like him in SF and SP ?

• barryt007 wrote: »
    I am a bit late to the discussion though for what it's worth I think DC is superb as Bond in CR and QOS.

Not as much felt Craig was harder edged in his first two outings as Bond, I don't mind SP though I did not like Craig's performance. Skyfall I struggle with the film as soon as Bond meets Silva onwards, everything before that is ok.

barryt007 wrote: »

Not as much felt Craig was harder edged in his first two outings as Bond, I don't mind SP though I did not like Craig's performance. Skyfall I struggle with the film as soon as Bond meets Silva onwards, everything before that is ok.

Fair enough,do u think he has 'run his course' as Bond now ?

• barryt007 wrote: »

No I would be happy for Craig to return for a few reasons, firstly he is a good Bond and I think another great movie is there for Craig (Eon just give him a mission ffs ;) ) Also those waiting in the wings to play Bond according to media speculation don't inspire me with confidence.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I must admit I am laughing my butt off seeing all these photos of random actors in tuxedos attempting to suavely fix their ties and cuffs, pretending like they're Connery or something and can get away with that tripe.

No chance, Hiddles and Turner, no chance. You're both attempting to emulate the man who made this ensemble not seem as ridiculous as it would've been on anyone else:

http://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/5606294cf5fa5e60e2361b8c4d578924.jpg

You've already lost, go home. Sean is king forevermore.

As long as he takes the creepy blue thing (robe?) off.
  • I must admit I am laughing my butt off seeing all these photos of random actors in tuxedos attempting to suavely fix their ties and cuffs, pretending like they're Connery or something and can get away with that tripe.

No chance, Hiddles and Turner, no chance. You're both attempting to emulate the man who made this ensemble not seem as ridiculous as it would've been on anyone else:

http://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/5606294cf5fa5e60e2361b8c4d578924.jpg

You've already lost, go home. Sean is king forevermore.

As long as he takes the creepy blue thing (robe?) off.

I thought the same a few days ago seeing a photo of Aiden in a tuxedo putting a serious expression on, Aiden for me in most things I have seen him in looks like he is trying too hard.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That's the problem with these wannabe pretenders; they're all trying way too hard. They've got no chill.

No I would be happy for Craig to return for a few reasons, firstly he is a good Bond and I think another great movie is there for Craig (Eon just give him a mission ffs ;) ) Also those waiting in the wings to play Bond according to media speculation don't inspire me with confidence.

That is exactly what we need,well said Sir !

I really wish I hadn't seen that picture....
  • The Tattoos look drawn on.
    I'm sure they are real, the man is completely committed to his role.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Doesn't he actually have some that have to be painted over with makeup in the films?
    I hope he's got a heavy Brit-slang accent.
    The infamous rose, yes. MUFFY
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 6,432
    I think he has a few Tattoos, they hide them better than they did Sean's.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    i love Danny, and it could be for the role, but he is looking chunky
    @peter, I think it's the looseness of that prison outfit he's wearing. In other set pictures of him out of costume, he looks as he always has when in Bond shape.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @obrady, I hope you're right, my friend. However, he did gain some lbs for GWTDTT (I think Fincher told him to stop working out and to eat and drink and relax). Maybe the case here too.

In the end, he's a great actor, and I'll be seeing LL to support the actor who has given me many hours of great pleasure playing a character I never thought would be depicted in such a manner on the big screen.

So, extra lbs, or no, Dan's still the man!
    @peter, he looks same old same old to me, minus the obvious additions of the tattoos and bleached hair.

daniel-craig-main-f1256fb6-99db-4c57-ba7d-532881988746.jpg

I hope he gets a chance to really go off the rails here and play a loony con type that will allow him to flex his comedic timing. His character looks mighty entertaining.
    If Craig does B25 he is gonna look a lot older IMO.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    He looks younger in that picture. Yet looked older in Skyfall complete with the same haircut. I hope he comes back for Bond 25.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @obrady, I too hope this is nut-job character, let Craig really cut loose.

@murdock, my fingers are crossed, hoping for good word from the man himself on Oct 7.