The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

In case, anybody is interested. Too bad, Off Broadway isn't considered for Tonys.

Just got blown away by Othello at NYTW!

Great performances by all in #Othello @NYTW79

Just saw #OthelloNYTW w/ Daniel Craig, David Oyelowo, Finn Wittrock, & the rest of the amazing cast -seriously spectacular show -go see it!

But seriously, #OthelloNYTW is a terrific production and Daniel Craig's Iago is truly the perfect snaky villain for our times. See it.

@NYTW79 #OthelloNYTW was incredible! So thankful to have seen it. #DavidOyelowo & #DanielCraig were amazing!

What a treat to see NYTW's Othello. Shakespeare reimagined and completely enthralling. Congrats to the entire company. #othellonytw

The New York Theatre Workshop's production of 'Othello' is exactly how theatre should be. I was enthralled. #OthelloNYTW

I can count on 1 hand the times I've seen #Shakespeare Done like THAT! Bravo #DanielCraig #DavidOyelowo & #OTHELLO w/ Dir #SamGold @NYTW79

Still can't get over Othello. Daniel Craig is the best Iago I've ever seen. David Oyelowo was fab but Chiwetel Ejiofor remains my Othello.

"Jealousy -the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on." A powerful #Othello @NYTW79 thank u #DavidOyelowo #DanielCraig & co

First act was incredible! Outstanding performances all around! Loving Daniel Craig's Iago and David Oyelowo's #Othello!!! @NYTW79

#Othello at @NYTW79 with legends #DavidOyelowo #DanielCraig. 1 of the most intense Shaksp performances in a long time
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited December 2016 Posts: 2,496
    Would not have picked him as the type.

<p lang="en" dir="ltr">And one of my favorite parts about Charlie's legendary table. The time Daniel Craig carved his initials (not sanctioned!).
    <a href="https://t.co/jKfvXpF1nD">pic.twitter.com/jKfvXpF1nD</a></p>;

— Jeff Glor (@jeffglor) <a href=" 30, 2016</a>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited December 2016 Posts: 2,138
    Oyelowo on Dan "I have found an equally obsessive workaholic nutter” in Craig. “The rigor he places on himself and the text and the desire and need to pursue the truth is really amazing and is what I like to think I have as well,”
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Actors are so full of self importance aren't they?

They don't have to dig tunnels with half a mountain falling on their heads. Or work 36 hour shifts at a hospital saving lives.

But they place such rigor on themselves in their desire to pursue the truth and that is so amazing.

Bless 'em

:)>-
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    NicNac wrote: »
    Actors are so full of self importance aren't they?

They don't have to dig tunnels with half a mountain falling on their heads. Or work 36 hour shifts at a hospital saving lives.

But they place such rigor on themselves in their desire to pursue the truth and that is so amazing.

Bless 'em

:)>-

I know mate, see when you get one who says "My process" you want to punch your Telly
    Nic - this as answer to something someone else said about DC - dunno. He himself is the first to put himself in the back as others are so much more important. He would be the first to agree. So don't place this quote on him.

I know, this sounds desperate, (on my part) ;) but they are talking within their line of fire and as long as you do acknowledge other frontieres are way more important, its ok iMO.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Hi @GermanLady. I realise it was Oyelowo saying all of that.

I was reacting to the quote because actors do get interviewed a lot and interviewers fawn over them so much. It leads them (actors) to make statements like that. I get it.

It just makes me smile when I read certain quotes about the acting craft.

If anything Daniel Craig takes the opposite tact and can play down the importance of acting.
    It was only Oyelowo praising Craig, don't see what the big deal is.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited December 2016 Posts: 4,554
    Audience reviews for Othello are in: Craig is loved; the hard, wood seating is not.

https://www.show-score.com/off-broadway-shows/othello-new-york-theatre-workshop
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Exclusive: See Daniel Craig and David Oyelowo Rehearsing Their Sold-Out Othello
    vanityfair.com/culture/2016/12/daniel-craig-david-oyelowo-othello-shakespeare-photos

othello-daniel-craig-david-oyellowo-ss04.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    ^That is not the picture of an old man. Looks like he's just getting started.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @doubleoego, it seems we live in a world of instant gratification. That's what's troubled me about the sudden anti-Craig, or dump-Craig-now posters; the man is as good as he's ever been, but they want change for the sake of change, it sounds like. And they want it yesterday.

Craig's a fine wine, he keeps getting better and better with the passing years. Age is a number, but, like a fine wine, he continues to build structure and boldness to his repertoire.

As you said, it looks like he's just getting started.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yep. Well said. The man easily has 2 more in him, however, if he doesn't come back it won't be because he's "past it" but because he'd rather do something else. I really hope he comes back for at least one more because he's definitely more than able.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Yep. Well said. The man easily has 2 more in him, however, if he doesn't come back it won't be because he's "past it" but because he'd rather do something else. I really hope he comes back for at least one more because he's definitely more than able.

Well said ...+1

• peterpeter Toronto
    With the names of potential replacements posted so far, Craig blows them all away. Not one comes close. Fingers crossed BB puts a damn good Bond script (or two) in his Christmas stocking!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    He has a new tattoo, is that right @Germanlady?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    DC looks good there.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,601
    No, marketto, no new one. This is fake. From what I heard, its been removed even.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Any one of these pics shows more intensity, character, presence, than all of the live action I've seen from Turner, or any of the names tossed out as DC's replacement!
    Yeah Peter, sure, but lets not forget, its DC himself, who has opened that window and of course, everybody and his cat will jump at the occasion. Who wouldn't?
    Have to agree with peter! Am not overexcited about any of the potential succesors named! Craig hopefully will return! Could easily do at least two more! But i'd be happy with one!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A Norwegian film producer claims that Daniel Craig has left the franchise, and that Norway again is a possible location for Bond 25. Allegedly he got this information while in Los Angeles. I wouldn t put much trust in it, but it has been reported in Dagbladet.
    Hmmm...interesting.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    A Norwegian film producer claims that Daniel Craig has left the franchise, and that Norway again is a possible location for Bond 25. Allegedly he got this information while in Los Angeles. I wouldn t put much trust in it, but it has been reported in Dagbladet.
    Would you mind posting a link in the Production Diary?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Coming up, but as I said, wouldn t call it very credible.
    I hear you. Thanks.
    It all counts,good thinking @jake24