Bond 23 007 car

Comments

Hello
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 107
    Quoting Mr_Sterling:
    im with the school of thought that Bentleys are being ruined by the crass, bling-loving 'celebs' of our age...same with rolex et al
    Quoting The_Man_From_UNIVEX: Great car ruined...
    Paris Hilton (et al.) also appears to be a biped. Is that also ruined?
    Aston One-77??
  • blockquote>Quoting 007:
    Aston One-77??

a great car, but not for bond, and it would be stupid to give him one, since there have only ever been 77 of them produced :$
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 107
    Quoting CoH_GHOST_007: and it would be stupid to give him one, since there have only ever been 77 of them produced
    Actually, when you take stunt driving into account, they'd have to give him, like, eight. ;)
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited April 2011 Posts: 858
    From my point of view, there's not mutch Choice but an Aston Martin. The Bentley's, as described, have got an image of "rich kid's car", so, as sad as it is, the "executive" feel is gone as far as the Continental GT isConcerned. What wíll be a good car, i hear you all ask? ( silently..?)

Anyone remembers Bond being a "banker" in TND?

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9931/jaguarxj20101600x1200wa.jpg

Now, I know a lot of people wil start arguing about how bond isn't supposed to be driving a Saloon, but just imagine. It's classy, elegant, and if you put your foot down it will leave any henchman's used vauxhall or Mercedes behind. Also, looking at the standard "equipment", such as the LCD-screen and the control button that rises out of the center console, it's easily Q-branch-able...

All we need now, is a good cover written around it for Bond ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Bond has totalled 4 cars in the last 5 films (crashing into car agency, cuting it in 2, doing barrel rolls, taking the side door out.) Can the car not be destroyed this time 'round ?
  • Quoting DaltonCraig007:
    Bond has totalled 4 cars in the last 5 films (crashing into
    car agency, cuting it in 2, doing barrel rolls, taking the side door out.) Can
    the car not be destroyed this time 'round ?
    Well, maybe so, but i don't like a Bond film without a great and dangerous car chase, and without this, may just take the film down for me a bit, i mean yeh, his car doesn't have to get damaged in it or anything, but if he is in danger of death, it makes it more exciting and sometimes more memorable. To me anyways :')
    And above that, i've never seen anyone being chased by bad guys, driving at high speeds, evading them and the car not having a single scratch mark... ;)

And, also to avoid crashing the car, how about a Non-car chase? Think of GE's Tank chase, CR's tanker truck mayhem etc. ?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2011 Posts: 15,686
    I'm just dying for a scene similar to Moore waving the fish when the car comes out of the water from TSWLM... priceless, cool, memorable, and utterly cult scene !!
    Quoting MartinBond: And above that, i've never seen anyone being chased by bad guys, driving at high speeds, evading them and the car not having a single scratch mark
    So Bond must be injured by a bullet in the next one. No way can someone not be hit after thousands of bullets aimed at him.
    As a matter of fact, i've been saying that for quite a while now. Even hís luck must run out some time, in the form of a bullet in his leg? in TB he got Shot to, i quite "liked" that, added a little bit more realism.

Anyway, back to the cars.
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 1,856

DB9 - Getting on a bit now
    DBS - Been there done that
    1-77 - It would be called the 1-85
    Virage - a convertible but second place
    Rapide - We Have a winner
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 638
    Quoting MartinBond:

Anyone remembers Bond being a "banker" in TND?

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9931/jaguarxj20101600x1200wa.jpg

Now, I know a lot of people wil start arguing about how bond isn't supposed to be driving a Saloon, but just imagine. It's classy, elegant, and if you put your foot down it will leave any henchman's used vauxhall or Mercedes behind. Also, looking at the standard "equipment", such as the LCD-screen and the control button that rises out of the center console, it's easily Q-branch-able...

All we need now, is a good cover written around it for Bond
    I certainly would not complain
    :-D
    DC007 has something with the Morgan...

How about the 4/4 Sport?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/agent_005/Morgan44Sport.jpg
    The Virage is available as both a coupe and a convertible, so in all probability it will be that. I quite like the idea of Bond in a big saloon though, the Jag XJ 5.0 V8 Supersport, would be my preference.

I think we'll have to wait for Bond 24 until we see a Lotus, preferably the new Esprit.
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    Quoting JobeGDG:
    Quoting The_Man_From_UNIVEX: Great car ruined...
    Paris Hilton (et al.) also appears to be a biped. Is that also ruined?
    What? You haven't been walking around on all fours?
    Has to be an Aston, thats bonds car
  • blockquote>Quoting Alan007:
    Has to be an Aston, thats bonds car

I read once that the DBS was at one point in it's production altered to fit Daniel Craig's style, and was not changed back, not even for the actual buyable road-going cars. So if this is true, then the Aston Martin DBS is truly a Bond car. :)
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    An Aston Martin DB5. Preferably, with the the "Q modifications" being used. I would love to see those weapons finally being used since, I believe Thunderball.
    Why not the Cygnet? Hey, it's an Aston Martin :-))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin_Cygnet
    @Gerard Theres always one.........
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2011 Posts: 4,416
  • @jobeGDG, are you inferring what i think you are...or is that just my dirty mind.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited April 2011 Posts: 1,986
    @M_Balje Fixed your link, don't forget the = in src img="URL"
    1) Mini Cooper - why not :-) ?
    2) Cycle barclays, maybe with gadgets - why not :-) ?
    3) solar powered plane
    4) last shuttle
    5) electric speed car like tesla roadster
    6) some amphibious maybe even flying again.
    - Stormbreaker/The Bourne Identity
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

The Italian Job ('69).

The Italian Job ('69).
    Austin Powers in Goldmember.
This discussion has been closed.