The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Seraphim Falls' is fantastic. It does drag in some parts, but I enjoy it. Brosnan and Neeson are great in it.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited August 2016 Posts: 1,130
    I found seraphim falls on Netflix and decided to watch it.
    It was very good, quite similar to the Revenant. this film made me think woow me even as a Brosnan fan under estimated him as an actor, he can be really great.

I used to see him as an Irish George Clooney or Brad Pitt who's strength was being hot and seducing woman on screen.
    There is nothing wrong in that style of actors who are movie stars and their appeal relies on being sexy and charismatic but woow Pierce can do much more than that and Seraphim falls proved so.

Liam Neeson was pretty good as well but I felt this Pierce's show. The scene where he is curing himself you can really feel his pain also their first confrontation was very well acted.

Great film and great acting.

It's funny how this film made me really a fan of Pierce as an actor, I didn't realize it till but before Seraphim I wasn't a fan of him as an actor i was a fan oh him as a hearthrob.

Now i can say im fan of Pierce as an actor too, don't get me wrong i never thought he was talentless but I wasn't first much interested seing him in films which didn't involve his seducind ladies man skills but now after this one im equally interested in every type of role he does.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I've never seen Brosnan as a Brad Pitt type of an actor, at all. George Clooney, yes. But, never a Brad Pitt type of an actor.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I don't like when Pierce plays a bad guy; he too good at it.
    @chrisisall, he'll play the bad guy in Final Score against Dave Bautista. ;)
    May his knees come out intact.
    Haha! You said it!
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    I've never seen Brosnan as a Brad Pitt type of an actor, at all. George Clooney, yes. But, never a Brad Pitt type of an actor.

I think the three of them are quite similar in the sense that they are more movie stras than actors but when they get out of their comfort zone can be great.

Thanks for that, @ClarkDevlin! Figured a trailer should be arriving soon. Looks very entertaining, can't wait to see it.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited August 2016 Posts: 1,130

Wooooow, looks great can't wait to see it and Pierce looks as good as when was James Bond.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    God damn, I can't thank you enough, @ClarkDevlin. This looks awesome!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it. :D
    You're all welcome. :)
    OOOOOOooooooo!!!! I am THERE!
    edited August 2016 Posts: 40,613
    "Bond, James Bond."

13938394_10153761210047091_8615602357551819598_n.jpg?oh=3ec7e777f121f6185fdfde46dec728d6&oe=584FE329
    He sure is!
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    "Bond, James Bond."

13938394_10153761210047091_8615602357551819598_n.jpg?oh=3ec7e777f121f6185fdfde46dec728d6&oe=584FE329

I insist I don't like the berad but outside of it he looks good

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I like the beard. I've heard Keeley isn't very fond of it though.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 562
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    jake24 wrote: »
    I like the beard. I've heard Keeley isn't very fond of it though.

now i guess i am team Keeley and support her desicion that he should get rid of it.
    We ( woman) know this stuff better and hr should listen to us.
    Brosnan is filming a long lasting television series that require of him to actually have the beard. He himself wasn't much of a beard man unless he picked up a role that would have one.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    edited August 2016 Posts: 7,572
    So Pierce and Dan (following Tim) are both going in to TV, such is the current power of that particular medium. Maybe they have to do this to avoid dropping in to the super hero melting pot.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Brosnan is filming a long lasting television series that require of him to actually have the beard. He himself wasn't much of a beard man unless he picked up a role that would have one.

YES i know that he said it on Jay Leno promoting The Matador that he had the mustache for the character actually he also had this beard forSeraphim Falls and the beard left.
    I wished the beard wasn't needed for this new role

Szonana wrote: »

YES i know that he said it on Jay Leno promoting The Matador that he had the mustache for the character actually he also had this beard forSeraphim Falls and the beard left.
    Erm... 19th century Texas?
    Taffin, the full movie.

I always remember the quote from Taffin : "This (points to his head) is more powerful than this (clenches his fist),or at least it used to be"....brilliant stuff...
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited September 2016 Posts: 1,130

YES i know that he said it on Jay Leno promoting The Matador that he had the mustache for the character actually he also had this beard for Seraphim Falls and then the beard left.

I bet there were a few clean shaven men in 19 century Texas and what's so wrong on making my campaign against the beard. ?

YES i know that he said it on Jay Leno promoting The Matador that he had the mustache for the character actually he also had this beard for Seraphim Falls and then the beard left.

I bet there were a few clean shaven men in 19 century Texas and what's so wrong on making my campaign against the beard. ?

I didnt know you had one...i dont have a beard if that helps..

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    barryt007 wrote: »

I didnt know you had one...i dont have a beard if that helps..

Im starting my campaign since now. Almost every guy looks better without it. The only exceptions I know so far are Eric Bana, Russel Crowe and Edward Norton in the Ilussionist.