The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

Szonana wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Brosnan is filming a long lasting television series that require of him to actually have the beard. He himself wasn't much of a beard man unless he picked up a role that would have one.

YES i know that he said it on Jay Leno promoting The Matador that he had the mustache for the character actually he also had this beard for Seraphim Falls and then the beard left.
    I wished the beard wasn't needed for this new role
    Erm... 19th century Texas?

I bet there were a few clean shaven men in 19 century Texas and what's so wrong on making my campaign against the beard. ?

I didnt know you had one...i dont have a beard if that helps..

Im starting my campaign since now. Almost every guy looks better without it. The only exceptions I know so far are Eric Bana, Russel Crowe and Edward Norton in the Ilussionist.

And now barryt007 gal... !

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Brosnan is filming a long lasting television series that require of him to actually have the beard. He himself wasn't much of a beard man unless he picked up a role that would have one.

YES i know that he said it on Jay Leno promoting The Matador that he had the mustache for the character actually he also had this beard for Seraphim Falls and then the beard left.

I bet there were a few clean shaven men in 19 century Texas and what's so wrong on making my campaign against the beard. ?

Im starting my campaign since now. Almost every guy looks better without it. The only exceptions I know so far are Eric Bana, Russel Crowe and Edward Norton in the Ilussionist.

Lol, who told you so. Your girlfriend?

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited September 2016 Posts: 15,423

The generic 19th century Texas sophisticates either had mustaches, beards or trimmed beards. It makes sense if Brosnan's character did since he's the patriarch of a well known family in the wild west, and it also makes sense for him to have a beard since in some ideologies it's the symbol of manhood, plus he's the "first son of Texas". So, he has to be All-Man. And no, I don't have a beard, haha! I prefer to be without one.

Haven't heard about your campaign or must've overlooked it. What is it about?

Aaah ....she has left the building ,about 3 months ago....im back to being single mon cheri haha
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico

Aaah ....she has left the building ,about 3 months ago....im back to being single mon cheri haha

Ahhh, im so sorry but its ok then you can keep it.

@Clarkdevlin
    Now the beard is making more sense even if im bot crazy about it, my campaign was about not letting any good looking men to have a beard lol.

Ahhh, im so sorry but its ok then you can keep it

hahaha i wasnt offering it ...blimey !!

Now the beard is making more sense even if im bot crazy about it, my campaign was about not letting any good looking men to have a beard lol.
    Would a trimmed beard do? You know... Like Hugo Drax? :D
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Would a trimmed beard do? You know... Like Hugo Drax? :D

Trimmed maybe like Pierce was in After the Sunset.

BAIN123 wrote: »
    Taffin, the full movie.

I keep forwarding to the famous "Then maybe you shouldn't be LIVING HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE!"
    First official stills of The Son:
    http://www.ew.com/gallery/the-son-amc-first-look/2740008_welcome-son

son-exclusive-01-kgjh.jpg?itok=hYs8TFr7

14334529_1040709536045947_157806948_n.jpg

There's a lot more in the link.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I'm getting a Jock Ewing "the early years" vibe from these photos. Should be great!
    I believe this one really is going to leave a mark in Brosnan's career. It'll be his third famous image after Steele and Bond.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    OMG I didn't realise yet another DALLAS re-boot was on the works....
    It's not a contemporary setting show. It's a period piece. ;)
    I may have to get the book and give it a read prior to the show's release (it's coming out in 2017, so there's time yet).
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    First official stills of The Son:
    http://www.ew.com/gallery/the-son-amc-first-look/2740008_welcome-son

son-exclusive-01-kgjh.jpg?itok=hYs8TFr7

14334529_1040709536045947_157806948_n.jpg

There's a lot more in the link.

I do like the beard now, it doesn't look that Bad anymore, I prefer him without it but i guess i can live with it now.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    That could only excite more! :D

Thanks, @DaltonCraig007!
    edited September 2016 Posts: 23,883
    There is something about these clips which reminds me of James Clavell's The Noble House miniseries. I still contend that Brosnan gives one of his best performances in that show.

I think he's going to really deliver here and I can't wait for it.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    bondjames wrote: »
    There is something about these clips which reminds me of James Clavell's The Noble House miniseries. I still contend that Brosnan gives one of his best performances in that show.

I think he's going to really deliver here and I can't wait for it.

I can't wait for this series to be released and get very successful, this could bring him a comeback to the big screen sure he is still doing movies but most going to direct to DVD category one hit like this and could make him an A list again.

Connery as legendary as he is considered he got his success outside of Bond 20 years latter so there is still hope for Pierce.
    If he doesn't id say at least he had a pretty good career in his prime, sure i wish d his A list status would have continued all his career like Clooney because unlike Craig and Dalton I Feel like he does enjoy the limelight and being the dream man of thousands of women.

He does like his privacy but he enjoyed being a movie star. So apart from making us his fans happy to have him on the big screen again (after the series ) he would be very happy as well.

I think he liked to be a movie star he enjoyed the limelight very much

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This new show of his looks good.

Furthermore, I think in years to come the Brosnan era will be looked upon more kindly, although DAD will still remain mostly trash.

I'm in the mood for a Brosnan Bond film, any of his first 3.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looks good.
    I think in time people will warm up to DAD, just like it happened with Moonraker overtime.
    I think in time people will warm up to DAD, just like it happened with Moonraker overtime.

Enough chemtrails, and you will be right.

Enough chemtrails, and you will be right.
    Are you honestly telling me you don't believe in unicorns?
    Who knows?
    Unicorns Are Forever!
    Ridley Scott agrees.
  • Brosnan now regrets that he didn't give more creative input and fight for his vision as Dalton did. For better or worse his era is a byword for mediocrity.
    They rejected him for a reason. He wanted to go to the Dalton route.