No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Birdleson wrote: »
    This time I'm leaving here six months before release. I did a month last time and it wasn't enough. On all kinds of threads, not just the designated spoiler thread, I was told about Blofeld, months beforehand, among other things. When I complained I got answers like "if you didn't know that you've been living under a rock" and "everyone already knows". Pissed me off.

A user even wrote that Bond resigned at the end of SPECTRE without using the spoiler tags almost a year before the movie was released. This was in the "Bond 25 title" thread.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    So this is really confirmation that he is returning.

Personally, I hope not! That's not something I ever say about Waltz, but he was quite forgettable as Blofeld in SP.

I also hope not to see him in a Bond movie again. I wasn't excited about his casting in the first place, and didn't like him in Spectre.

A user even wrote that Bond resigned at the end of SPECTRE without using the spoiler tags almost a year before the movie was released. This was in the "Bond 25 title" thread.

Seems to be a problem everywhere when it comes to the Bond fandom (I'm sure it is in others as well, but I don't have enough experience in others to say with any certainty). The real problem in other places I've been is that speaking up against those that willfully and deliberately spoil things in that manner seems to only get you in trouble while the actual offenders are generally protected from discipline even when there are rules in place that are supposed to keep their behavior from happening in the first place.

I've had good bits of both Skyfall and Spectre spoiled for me, and even in the case of the last film, I was actively trying to avoid spoilers and tried to keep away from areas of the forum (not this one) where there could have been some expectation of a rogue spoiler or two to slip out. The problem last time around was that everyone seemed to think that because Sony had the contents of the script leaked out, that that somehow entitled them to run around divulging the contents of what was essentially stolen material. It's really annoying, as others have already pointed out.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Man, seems like I'm the odd man out in loving Waltz and Blofeld in SP. He's the kind of villain I enjoy, not over the top in his evilness, but much more nuanced, where the seeds of his villainy can only be read in how he commands himself and his agents. I really liked not being spoonfed a lot about Blofeld's character, and watching the themes and images that Mendes and co. used to support or elucidate his character were fascinating. And of course, Blofeld did what no other Bond villain ever seems to care about doing: he set a trap for Bond and then actually stuck around to watch him die. One of the many reasons I loved him in the movie, in addition to his surgical like precision in all his affairs, his ravenous addiction for control and his operatic yet civilized sense of villainy that recalled to me Dr. No, Grant, Goldfinger and Largo. Every time I watch SP I love learning a little bit more about Ernst, and how Mendes and co. have hinted at parts of his character makeup through the many conventions of film.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    You're not the only one Brady, I loved Waltz as Blofeld too he had the look from the Novel character as well as bringing something new to the role instead of copying those who came before him.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I as well loved Waltz as Blofeld.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Count me to the group as well.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I just wish, he'd have had a bit more screen time.
  • TheRealJamesBondTheRealJamesBond Welwyn Garden City

I agree with you man?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I thought Waltz was more like Blofeld in the interviews he gave than in the actual movie. His movie performance/character was uneven for me and an overall disappointment.

SP was just a mess for me. The writing was a disappointment and all in all I'm sad to say that tge film felt like a complete waste of time. It's definitely my least favourite of the Craig era and an unacceptable squandering of the talents of all involved.

EoN are in desperate need of sorting out their scripting issues.There's something that's just not right about SP being forgettable but even Waltz as Bond's big bad being equally forgettable. EoN shouldn't have to wait for a BvS experience to seriously address such a fundamental part of the film making process.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

I agree with you man?
    Flag it. It's DisneyBond.
    Nicely spotted @Jake24 =D>
  • TheRealJamesBondTheRealJamesBond Welwyn Garden City

You've always caught me out just like Donald Trump. Still what's was i? Ah, i hope Daniel Craig once again signed the contact for Bond 25. Again, fingers crossed :-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2016 Posts: 28,694

It's a shame he'll be banned again. We could've used him in the fight against the Martians. >-)
    I liked Blofeld in Spectre and felt his subdued performance was one of the better things about the film

It's a shame he'll be banned again. We could've used him in the fight against the Martians. >-)
    They've got an emoticon for everything.
    I don't get why Disney bond is so against the Martians what have they done
    Not enough of them went to watch John Carter in the cinemas to make it a hit ! ;)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Sorry to stop the Martian fighter. But when you don't know Bond from sci fi, it's time to go.
  • But one non-Bamigboye story that panned out was the one that said Waltz was going to play Blofeld although he'd be introduced as Oberhauser.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2845621/You-weren-t-expecting-007-BLOFELD-S-Bond-having-kittens-evil-foe-returns-double-Oscar-winner-Christoph-Waltz-tipped-play-him.html
    Anyone could guess that.

At that the time that story was written, the name Oberhauser hadn't been mentioned. It wasn't a guess.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 2,115
    But one non-Bamigboye story that panned out was the one that said Waltz was going to play Blofeld although he'd be introduced as Oberhauser.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2845621/You-weren-t-expecting-007-BLOFELD-S-Bond-having-kittens-evil-foe-returns-double-Oscar-winner-Christoph-Waltz-tipped-play-him.html
    Anyone could guess that.

At that the time that story was written, the name Oberhauser hadn't been mentioned. It wasn't a guess.

To be precise, the Mail on Sunday story was published Nov. 22, 2014. Waltz's participation wasn't confirmed by Eon until December. At that time, Eon only said Waltz was playing Oberhauser and said nothing about Blofeld.

"Anybody could guess that." Anybody could *guess* that should be playing the stock market. The odds of guessing 1) the actor 2) guessing his character and 3) guessing his character was really another character were astronomical.
    Not really as its a trope that is used in many films from Spectre to Star Trek into darkness and batman begins its a cheap aha moment that betrays substandard writing
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Not really as its a trope that is used in many films from Spectre to Star Trek into darkness and batman begins its a cheap aha moment that betrays substandard writing

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I doubt too many people walked into The Empire Strikes Back going "I wonder if this is the movie where Darth Vader is revealed to be Luke's father?". It can be used effectively, and it can be used poorly. It's not always a "cheap aha moment" nor always "substandard writing".

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I doubt too many people walked into The Empire Strikes Back going "I wonder if this is the movie where Darth Vader is revealed to be Luke's father?". It can be used effectively, and it can be used poorly. It's not always a "cheap aha moment" nor always "substandard writing".

"James, I am your brother."
    -Ernst

Not exactly Empire, but close enough for a gag. ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,423

"James, I am your brother."
    -Ernst

Not exactly Empire, but close enough for a gag. ;)
    "S'alright, Franz. Cuckoo gave it away back in Rome." ;)
    The tease trailer gave it away in March 2015.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Well, in that case...

"Hello, James." (Alec walks out of the chamber in the memorial park)
    "It's alright, Alec. You can come out. I knew it was you."
    "How so?"
    "The trailer voice said so."

I've read this somewhere sometime ago and certainly can't take credit for it, but I thought it was funny and memorized it ever since. :D
    OMG I am stealing that!!!! Lol :)
    Be my guest. :))
    Tuck91 wrote: »

Calling the movie SPECTRE gave it away.