Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    What is going in 2016 in terms of action films, guys? We have one filmed in first-person mode, Matt Damon back as Bourne, Mel Gibson tearing down a mexican cartel, Jason Statham going to wreck havoc on 4 continents, Gerard Butler eliminating an entire army of terrorists in London, Kevin Costner being a total badass, Idris Elba demolishing Paris, Gosling/Crowe in a hilarious buddy comedy of old, Alexander Skarskgard/Michael Pena in a totally bonkers buddy comedy, Tom Cruise destroying 20 goons in the trailer to his film, Brosnan/Jackie Chan having a brutal face off... My body will explode due to too much awesomeness!
    Haha! Exactly! :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Jack Reacher trailer looks like a big improvement over the first film. And I love that it's really less of a trailer and more of just a montage of Tom beating up all the film's extras and main cast. I can get behind that.
    doubleoego wrote: »

Disney knows Harrison isn't immortal, right?
    The Jack Reacher trailer looks like a big improvement over the first film. And I love that it's really less of a trailer and more of just a montage of Tom beating up all the film's extras and main cast. I can get behind that.

Ask, @DisneyBond007. He knows. ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2016 Posts: 28,694

Ask, @DisneyBond007. He knows. ;)

I think I'd be better off asking the Martians he claims to have been probed by.
    @DaltonCraig007 @doubleoego @Creasy47
    MECHANICteaserposter.jpg
    Another poster. Only I've put it in spoiler tag because it's too large.

And here's the teaser to the teaser trailer that will debut today. I think DaltonCraig007 will lose his s**t over this. Because I did! :D

https://www.facebook.com/JasonStatham/videos/606151206213790/
    I'm calling it: that over-hanging pool is so getting shattered with a bad guy swimming in it. And maybe old Jason too. ;)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Thanks for that! Looks incredible. The poster has a MI and splinter cell feel to it.

The action movies lately all seem to have massively stepped up their game.
    I'm calling it: that over-hanging pool is so getting shattered with a bad guy swimming in it. And maybe old Jason too. ;)
    Definitely, Braders! :D

The first movie, if I recall correctly, also involved an element like that...
    Thanks for that! Looks incredible. The poster has a MI and splinter cell feel to it.

The action movies lately all seem to have massively stepped up their game.
    Indeed, it does remind me of the Dubai Tower climbing sequence from Ghost Protocol, and The Stath is pretty much in a Sam Fisher mode.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    What the hell @ClarkDevlin!! Jason Statham is one badass guy! The week of August 31st will be one epic week, what with 'Mechanic: Resurrection' and 'Blood Father'! It can't get here soon enough. Especially since I'll be double-billing 'Central Intelligence' and 'The Shallows' the week before!
    What the hell @ClarkDevlin!! Jason Statham is one badass guy! The week of August 31st will be one epic week, what with 'Mechanic: Resurrection' and 'Blood Father'! It can't get here soon enough. Especially since I'll be double-billing 'Central Intelligence' and 'The Shallows' the week before!
    I told you so!! :D

You haven´t read the article then, have you?

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I thought Marshall said that they wouldn't reboot Indy a few months back?...something along the lines that they won't go in for a James Bond type scenario.

So, assuming that's still the plan, if they want to continue, they'll have to create a new character within the mythology.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Reboot isn t the same as recast.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    What a non-article that is. Did people really think Disney bought the 'Indiana Jones' property, just to make one more film with Ford and be done with the series forever?
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 5,767
    Reboot isn t the same as recast.
    They wouldn´t reboot it if they hadn´t any plans for another actor/character. If Ford still plays Indy as the main character, how´s it gonna be a reboot?

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Huh? Ford will do one more, then they will recast.
    Huh? Ford will do one more, then they will recast.
    But that's the point. Marshall said Indy wouldn't be recast, unlike Bond. So either they've changed their view, or they're going to introduce a new character who can take it forward.
    Anybody hear that new 'Ghostbusters' theme song? Awful stuff. Suppose it's fitting for an awful looking movie.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Incredible @DaltonCraig007. That pool scene is up there with MI-RN's plane sequence or Dubai Burj Khalifa as the stunt of the year.

Alba hasn't aged a bit (I feel like I'm 11 yrs younger watching her in Into the Blue). I haven't seen the first one, but am ordering the blu ray now!

Called that pool scene. :D

Bond wise, I'm getting vibes of OHMSS, TB and MR here and there in the film's imagery and action.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,696
    @bondjames if you want more recent action from Statham, you should get 'Killer Elite', 'Blitz', 'Safe' and 'Homefront' too.
    Thanks @DaltonCraig007. I've seen Killer Elite & Parker (loved them both) but have yet to catch Safe or Homefront.
    'Killer Elite' is one damn fine movie. Love it. 'Safe' surprised me, too, thought it was quite entertaining, especially that subway fight.
    @bondjames have you ever seen 'Vantage Point'? I haven't seen it since release in 2008, but I remember some very intense action scenes, and an impressive cast (Dennis Quaid, Forest Whitaker, Sigourney Weaver and William Hurt).
    @DaltonCraig007. Now with that I went like "haawly shiiiiiiit!" Man, too much glamour in one action caper!! I can't wait to see this!!! Too much fun, love the whole ensemble cast!!
    @bondjames just for you: Official full trailer for 'Inferno'

• edited June 2016 Posts: 2,081
    Ewan McGregor 's directorial debut... the trailer looks good:

@DaltonCraig007, thanks for Inferno. It looks awesome. I hope it will live up to expectations.

Yes, I've seen Vantage Point. I really enjoyed that one too. Great cast. I have it on blu ray. It has that Source Code 'repeat' thing going on.
    Just when you thought the whole Ghostbusters thing couldn't get any worse, they debut the new theme song today: