Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @DaltonCraig007, that's made my day! Neeson & Farmiga in the same film will be great and I hope her role is meaty enough, because I've seen a few films where she's almost a bystander, like Manchurian Candidate, Source Code & Safe House. I've still not watched an episode of Bates Motel but have been meaning to get to it.

Re: Cruise - when I was watching MI5-RN a week ago I realized that he is only 5 yrs younger than Baldwin. Goes to show the benefits of fit & healthy living.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited June 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Vera Farminga....mmmmmm....fell in love with her after seeing running scared way back when.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Vera Farminga....mmmmmm....fell in love with her after seeing running scared way back when.
    Me too. She was amazing in that film, especially in one pivotal scene mid-way through which I won't give away, but her role was too small imho.
    Never mind 2 years older than Crowe, the fact Cruise looks that good when he's the same age as me really pisses me off. Sometimes life's just not fair!
    bondjames wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Me too. She was amazing in that film, especially in one pivotal scene mid-way through which I won't give away, but her role was too small imho.

If it's what I think you mean then yes, ha! Had to scroll the scene back a few times for full, satisfactory effect.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 I just checked when the first trailer for 'Wolf of Wall Street' was released, and Youtube gives the date of June 16, 2013. And that film was released in December, and 'Silence' comes out in November. So the first trailer for Scorsese's new film should hit the web any day now, hopefully.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I bet that we'll see the first trailer for 'Hacksaw Ridge' in a week or two, max, as well.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    'Free State of Jones' that comes out next week could be a perfect opportunity to debut the trailers for these 2 films, @Creasy47.
    @bondjames, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, @Creasy47 and other big fans of Ben Affleck: the upcoming crime film he wrote/directed, 'Live by Night' based on a novel by Dennis Lehane, which was supposed to come out in October 2017, has been brought forward by 9 months, and will now be released in January 2017!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2016 Posts: 28,694
    @DaltonCraig007, I'm a sucker for period piece crime films! I like the style of it, and in costume Ben has given me Orson Welles-like vibes in how he carries himself.
    Damn, that's much closer, I can work with that! BTS photos look great, hopefully the movie delivers. I'm looking forward to his movie 'The Accountant,' as well.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,696
    @Creasy47 I keep forgetting about 'The Accountant'. That looks like a pretty cool film with a badass Affleck, and based on the trailer I'm expecting a killer soundtrack. Affleck has 2 films as lead actor, and so does Cruise, and all 4 films released between this october and January 2017.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What s the plot?

Let me guess. The numbers don t match up. Maybe a receipt missing. A budget that went a couple dollars over the limit?
    Jesus christ, the posters for 'Suicide Squad' have been fantastic:

ClQVT34UoAEnMAv.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looks good. Before that I will be checking out Margot in THE LEGEND OF TARZAN.
    Filming for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' has started, and Channing Tattum looks pretty slick (and a return of the bowler hat?):

CigTeI_WUAAFvkY.jpg
    @Creasy47 @doubleoego

I need this now! 2nd trailer for the new film from the director of 'The Chaser':

@DaltonCraig007, it does look great, but I'm very, very, very cautious about supernatural/horror movies these days that get stellar across-the-board reviews, as most of the time, they turn out to be a big disappointment to me (like 'The Witch' or 'It Follows'), but I'll definitely give it a go once I get the chance. The Stranger in 'The Wailing' looked familiar, had to look him up and realized he plays Boss Tanaka in both volumes of 'Kill Bill.'
    @Creasy47 @doubleoego

Chow Yun-Fat is back in what seems like a hardcore action/crime/thriller! Title is 'Cold War 2'

@Creasy47 @doubleoego

Chow Yun-Fat is back in what seems like a hardcore action/crime/thriller! Title is 'Cold War 2'

=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Filming for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' has started, and Channing Tattum looks pretty slick (and a return of the bowler hat?):

CigTeI_WUAAFvkY.jpg
    Yes, he was spotted on Saville Row a month ago, I've read. I am rather fond of the bowler hat. It has John Steed feel into it.
    It seems Liam Neeson is onboard a new action/comedy film called, you guessed it, 'The Revenger', directed by the guy who did 'Zombieland' a few years ago. If it is as awesome as that previous film, I think we are in for a total blast of a film with another legendary performance by Neeson.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Channing Tatum seems miscast in this Kingsman post, at least on first glance. Smells of an American beefcake in a suit, as opposed to an English gent. A part of me thinks some of these casting choices for Kingsman 2 have been done intentionally to make Egerton's Eggsy (now ostensibly the hero of the piece) seem more refined in comparison - which certainly wasn't the case in the first one.
    Channing Tatum seems miscast in this Kingsman post, at least on first glance. Smells of an American beefcake in a suit, as opposed to an English gent. A part of me thinks some of these casting choices for Kingsman 2 have been done intentionally to make Egerton's Eggsy (now ostensibly the hero of the piece) seem more refined in comparison - which certainly wasn't the case in the first one.
    @bondjames, he does play an American agent.
    Ok, @ClarkDevlin, that makes sense. Still, he's dressed in a very traditional English way in that post (with the bowler and pinstripe - only the tie is a bit off), and it just seems strange. There must be something in the screenplay to tie it together then.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Ok, @ClarkDevlin, that makes sense. Still, he's dressed in a very traditional English way in that post (with the bowler and pinstripe - only the tie is a bit off), and it just seems strange. There must be something in the screenplay to tie it together then.
    @bondjames: Yes. While I know nothing about the script, I suppose...

(Proceed with caution. Spoilers)
    He, a Statesman agent (Kingsman's American counterpart), comes to London to pick up Merlin and Gary after Kingsman has been bombed by the main villain, Poppy (Julianne Moore). The remaining Kingsman agents team up with the Statesman's for the rest of the film.
    'Cold War II' looks good (as does Chow Yun-Fat, who is always excellent), but I can only surmise that means there was an original one that preceded this sequel that I'll have to check out.
    @Creasy47 I reviewed 'Cold War' (2012) in the 'Last movie you watched' during my Asian marathon a year ago. ;)
    Is it me or Brad Pitt looks like George Peppard with that grey hair?
    He looks like Brad Pitt with a George Peppard hair cut.

2nd trailer for Tim Burton's 'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children':

Boy does Eva Green look great!

And just for you, @bondjames: