Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2016 Posts: 28,694
    I don't know what I just watched, but color me fascinated:

The thumbnail makes it seem just as weird as it is.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    A bit of very hardcore 1980's style horror movie?

This is the first I have heard about The Mind's Eye, I got a Scanner's-ish vibe from the trailer.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,694
    Looks like another 'Free State of Jones' style film - historical film about an uprising, cue battle sequences. And the main actor, I recognize him from 'Non Stop'.

@bondjames @doubleoego @Creasy47

Apparently critics in some countries had the chance to watch 'Independence Day: Resurgence', and it seems the movie is actually not that bad. Some call it the perfect antidote for the recent dark & gritty blockbusters.

'for fans of the original it should prove pleasing popcorn pulp. It’s silly, it’s ridiculous, it’s over the top. And it’s a perfect piece of ’90s nostalgia.'

' I dare you not to leave the theatre with a guilt-free smile on your face.'
    I'm definitely excited for Nolan's Dunkirk, coming off Interstellar.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    John Boyega joins the cast of Kathryn Bigelow's upcoming film on the 1967 Detroit uprising.
    While watching trailers this weekend, I saw one for the horror film: "Lights Out". I must way I took issue with it because I think the trailer gives way too much away.

Trailers need to tease us, make us want to fight wild horses to see a film. Just a couple of shots of someone turning off the light and seeing entity in the dark and then vanish when the lights are on would have sufficed. Keep as much in the dark (no pun intended) as possible. I think the distributors have made a major mistake. I doubt I will go see the film now...

It features Isabella Rossellini as a hamster...
    @doubleoego @bondjames @ClarkDevlin @Murdock @Creasy47

This 5 seconds sneak peak of the 'Jack Reacher 2' trailer is probably the most badass thing I've seen this year yet.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    @DaltonCraig007. That was badass!! And it was only five seconds long! :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Cruise is a badass.
    @ClarkDevlin if Tom Cruise's way of life is to make franchises where each sequel improves on the previous film (like his Mission Impossible films, IMO), then sign him up for 'Jack Reacher 3' and Jack 'Reacher 4' right away!
    @ClarkDevlin if Tom Cruise's way of life is to make franchises where each sequel improves on the previous film (like his Mission Impossible films, IMO), then sign him up for 'Jack Reacher 3' and Jack 'Reacher 4' right away!
    Hear hear!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Hear hear!
    Totally agreed. I can't get enough of him right now. He's on fire.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Hear hear!
    Totally agreed. I can't get enough of him right now. He's on fire.
    To all of his naysayers, Cruise keeps proving them all wrong. Four decades in a row!
    Ok that is now the third must see movie of the year for me
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Ok that is now the third must see movie of the year for me
    Oh it's an indefinite must-see! :D
    Holy shiiiiiiiiit!! Tom Cruise is THE man!! And his next film comes out 3 month after this one ('Mena' in January 2017). Cruise you f*cking legend, please don't ever stop making films like this.
    Hahahahohohohoho....yaaasssss....this is what I'm talking about. Can't wait for this.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    We already knew that, but great!
    That Jack Reacher trailer has made my day! This, Bourne & Inferno are my top 3 for 2016.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Can't wait to Never Go Back. ;)
    @doubleoego a little warning next time when Gal Gadot is in thin clothing. ;) I am so going to watch this film, Wonder Woman and Don Draper: what a couple!!
    Yeah sorry, was mopping up my drool.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    doubleoego wrote: »

Looks pretty funny. And I'll watch anything with Gal in it.
    I'll be seeing this for sure. I had hoped for Hamm in a spy role, and this looks to be as close to it as we'll see. Thanks for posting. Goes to show how forward looking Arnie's True Lies was, as elements of it still continue to crop up over 20 yrs after relese.
    Looking forward to Keeping Up With The Joneses! :D
    What is going in 2016 in terms of action films, guys? We have one filmed in first-person mode, Matt Damon back as Bourne, Mel Gibson tearing down a mexican cartel, Jason Statham going to wreck havoc on 4 continents, Gerard Butler eliminating an entire army of terrorists in London, Kevin Costner being a total badass, Idris Elba demolishing Paris, Gosling/Crowe in a hilarious buddy comedy of old, Alexander Skarskgard/Michael Pena in a totally bonkers buddy comedy, Tom Cruise destroying 20 goons in the trailer to his film, Brosnan/Jackie Chan having a brutal face off... My body will explode due to too much awesomeness!