Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @bondjames, @ClarkDevlin, who do we have to contact to get the ball rolling on this casting, and what would each of you gents want from Sam when he inevitably calls to reward us for getting him the gig?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm not sure how to get in touch with the powers that be, but as reward, I'd settle for the opportunity to accompany the cast on the promotional tour anywhere in the world (including paid for hotels), as an observer, and would volunteer in return to document in detail and report favourably on the proceedings, and perhaps start up a site dedicated to Templar himself.

In all seriousness, I know this is early days, but I hope they don't mess this adaptation up. I wasn't too keen on the 90's film, but like the comments about them wanting to make a spy thriller. If they do it justice, The Saint could be a new enduring franchise.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,423
    DELETE

Edit: Submitting a complaint to the mods:
    Please, do include a button to switch-off the auto-save. It's ruining my CPU.
    Val Kilmer's Saint was completely a departure from the cocky and totally invulnerable, all-strong, all-man Simon Templar whom his enemies always feared, who always raised an eyebrow at the face of the danger. Kilmer's Saint made the character a thief who'd hardly get away from the enemy, runs away in the middle of fights due to his opponent's overpowering of him, borrowing unusual disguises (that Jim Morrison-like disguise was a humiliation) and behaving like a dork. Whatever happened to the bold, firm, powerful man Simon Templar?

Now, with Adam Rayner's trailer, I wasn't satisfied, either... Yes, the trailer that debuted in 2013 for a proposed TV Show, previewing the pilot episode... But, at least, they kept the confident and overpowering traits in the character from what I've seen.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    New poster:

Jason-Bourne-international-poster.jpeg
    @DaltonCraig007! That's friggin' badass!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @ClarkDevlin Tomorrow there'll be be 40 days left until release day!

And here's the new poster for 'The Wailing', from the director of 'The Chaser' and 'The Yellow Sea':

TheWailing_Poster.jpg
    @DaltonCraig007, meanwhile... new footage!

@ClarkDevlin if you don't mind I'll post it in the 'Jason Bourne' thread!
    Please do!! :D
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,696
    First trailer for the 2016 Palme D'or winner: Ken Loach's 'I, Daniel Blake'

And a new poster for Tim Burton's 'Miss Peregrine'

miss-peregrines-home-movie-banner.jpeg
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Denis Villeneuve's next film, an alien invasion thriller, has been renamed from 'The Story Of Your Life' to 'The Arrival,' and will arrive on November 11th, 2016:

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/17/denis-villeneuves-alien-invasion-thriller-the-arrival-lands-in-november
    This is the first time I hear about Villeneuve having a film ready. I was totally focussed on BR2 news. I take it as a good sign that he makes a film without much publicity beforehand.

Amy Adams, Michael Stuhlbarg, Forest Whitaker and Jeremy Renner, what a cast for Villeneuve's new film! and 'Blade Runner 2 is building quite a cast too.
    @Creasy47, @bondjames, @doubleoego

It looks like a 'Sicario' trilogy is being discussed, and they already have some ideas for 'Sicario 3'. If we get 'Sicario' and 'John Wick' trilogies within a few years, I'll be a very happy man.

EDIT: Hugh Jackman is channeling his inner Mel Gibson (from 'Blood Father') 'in 'Wolverine 3'

hugh-jackman-escapes-bullett-ridden-limo-for-wolverine-3-02.jpg

And 1 week before 'Independence Day: Resurgence', director Roland Emmerich says that the ending of the film will prepare for a possible Independence Day 3.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Potentially here's hoping we don't have to wait another 20 years.
    doubleoego wrote: »

Jeff Goldblum will be in his 80's by then. ;)
    doubleoego wrote: »

Jeff Goldblum will be in his 80's by then. ;)
    Don't worry, Channing Tatum will say "My name is Jeff" for him. ;)
    @ClarkDevlin is that from the 2nd one? I've only seen '21 Jump Street'. I need to watch it!
    Let's hope, "life finds a way" for it to come sooner rather than later
    @doubleoego there are some rumours that Goldblum and Sam Neill will make a comeback in 'Jurassic World 2', so we could get some major awesomeness while waiting for 'ID:3'. And we have 'Thor 3' too with Goldblum.
    @DaltonCraig007, the second one. 22 Jump Street. Hilarious scene! :))
    @doubleoego there are some rumours that Goldblum and Sam Neill will make a comeback in 'Jurassic World 2', so we could get some major awesomeness while waiting for 'ID:3'. And we have 'Thor 3' too with Goldblum.

That would be awesome. Dr. Malcolm is my favourite character from the Jurassic movies. Really hope it's true.
    @doubleoego, @bondjames @Creasy47

I have a friend who went to see 'Central Intelligence' last night, and told me that the movie is a total blast, and that Dwayne Johnson's & Kevin Hart's chemistry is off the charts.

And thanks @ClarkDevlin, I'll watch it ASAP!
    @DaltonCraig007, I expect nothing but greatness from Central Intelligence. Been laughing hard at it ever since the first trailer came out... :))
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Thanks @DaltonCraig007, @ClarkDevlin. I'm on a self-imposed ban from watching any more footage from Jason Bourne, so won't be able to see that clip posted in both threads unfortunately. The poster is kick ass though.

I too am a huge fan of Goldblum and missed him in JP3. I haven't seen him in much in ages, but he will be one of the reasons I watch ID2. Both he and Neill in JW2 would be amazing, and also probably means it will be a much better film than the first one.

There was nothing big released this weekend so I checked out the Central Intelligence trailer online yesterday. I really enjoyed it, and will definitely be watching the film sometime next week.
    @Creasy47 Did you know this? Brad Pitt has another war film coming this year alongside 'Allied'! It's called 'War Machine', and is a dark comedy/satire on the Afghanistan war. Directed by the guy who did the fantastic Australian crime film 'Animal Kingdom' a few years ago.

Here's Pitt's look:

11222338_959954197409017_3900299080521280968_n.jpg?oh=9e558a505b0609ef0db3e51dc912575a&oe=57CBBD2D

Compared with his look in the WW2 film 'Allied':

brad-pitt-in-allied-(2016)-large-picture.jpg

And just for kicks: first picture of Andrew Garfield in 'Hacksaw Ridge':

Andrew-garfield-Haksaw-Ridge-movie.jpg
    Is it me or Brad Pitt looks like George Peppard with that grey hair?
    I was checking for 'The Mummy' news on twitter, and saw this pic of Crowe and Cruise side to side:

CinF6W_UkAE-F0l.jpg

And then it hit me that Tom Cruise is actually 2 older than Russell Crowe. :-O
    He's immortal!
    @bondjames I have great news for you: Vera Farmiga joins the upcoming Liam Neeson action film 'The Commuter', from the director of 'Run All Night' and 'Non Stop'.