Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,696
    @Creasy47 @boldfinger @bondjames @doubleoego

What the hell is this?

Looks absolutely insane!!! I need this right friggen now.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That stall scene was hilarious; I'll definitely be checking that out! Hadn't heard about it whatsoever until now.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Haha! I'll be watching the hell out of that! :))
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @DaltonCraig007, thanks for posting that Goldblum clip. I though I was looking at David Levinson talking to Dr. Ian Malcolm!

This War on Everyone has rocketed up to a 'must see' for me. It looks like Nice Guys on steroids.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    An all-female Ocean's reboot? Kill me now.

Has it really been that hard to get all the boys back for Ocean's 14? I've been waiting for that one for years now, but this? No.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

They won't do another Oceans with the original Clooney and Co. cast because of the passing of Bernie Mac. I believe that was stated shortly after his passing.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 What the f*ck, I just found out the director of 'War on Everyone' is the brother of the director of 'In Bruges' and 'Seven Psychopaths'. Can this film be anymore awesome than it is?!
    @Last_Rat_Standing, that's fine and dandy, but why not make an original, all-female heist film? Were the Ocean's movies really that big at the box office? I don't see that series putting asses in seats anymore. God forbid we have a bit of originality in Hollywood these days.
    If Cate's in it, I'll watch it, no matter what.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Last_Rat_Standing, that's fine and dandy, but why not make an original, all-female heist film? Were the Ocean's movies really that big at the box office? I don't see that series putting asses in seats anymore. God forbid we have a bit of originality in Hollywood these days.

I agree, but its the title that draws people and the connection between them. I love the trilogy. Well 11 and 13, never cared for 12 that much. But people know the "Oceans" name. I'm not sure how popular they were BO-wise, but "Oceans Menopause" will get a better following than lets says "The Womens Heist" or something.
    @Creasy47 What the f*ck, I just found out the director of 'War on Everyone' is the brother of the director of 'In Bruges' and 'Seven Psychopaths'. Can this film be anymore awesome than it is?!
    If that's the case, it's going to rock!! If only it had Sam Rockwell in it! :D
    A new poster for 'Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them' teases an upcoming announcement:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fantasy/stunning-new-poster-for-fantastic-beasts-and-where-to-find-them-teases-a-a142737
    War-on-Everyone-Movie-Teaser-Poster.jpg
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 5,858
    Second trailer for "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children :

Holy Cow ! I'm tempted to go and see it.

And poor squirrel :

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @Creasy47 @boldfinger @bondjames @doubleoego

What the hell is this?

Looks absolutely insane!!! I need this right friggen now.

Looks great, plus it's got my side piece, Tessa Thompson in it.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 5,767
    @DaltonCraig007, you beat me to posting the trailer. Michael Pena is always worth watching, but Alexander Skarsgard is even cooler in this trailer! Can´t wait for it!

This world needs more Sam Rockwell!

boldfinger wrote: »
    This world needs more Sam Rockwell!
    Preach, old chap! Preach! :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Michael Pena is a global treasure. Watching Shooter back in 2007, I never would've predicted that he'd rise to this level of comedic timing and brilliance. He made Ant-Man, stealing every scene, and he looks to be continuing the trend.

Agreed. He's an underrated talent.
    Pena is a comedic genius, he was a total blast in 'Ant-Man' but IMO his best role was in 'End of Watch' with Jake Gyllenhaal. One of the most intense films I've ever seen, Pena's/Gyllenhaal's chemistry was off the charts and both were firing on all cylinders.
    @ClarkDevlin @bondjames

Jon Hamm's new look on Edgar Wright's 'Baby Driver':

jon-hamm-jamie-foxx-baby-driver-07.jpg
    @DaltonCraig007, can someone please tell me why this man is not Superman? If there ever was a shoo-in for a superhero, this is it.
    Totally agreed, @bondjames.

Meanwhile: finally we have an image of Robert Carlyle on the set of Trainspotting 2:

PAY-Ewan-McGregor-and-Robert-Carlyle-filming-Trainspotting-2.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love Cavill, they just need to give him the Superman stories he deserves. When it comes to boyishness, innocence and goodness, Cavill's performance in MoS really expresses what Superman should be, and he looks straight off the comic page, as well. They didn't give him much at all to do in BvS, and what they did was contradictory to his values, but hopefully Justice League will give us the Superman Henry deserves.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,696
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I do enjoy Cavill as Superman, a lot on 'Man of Steel' and a little less in 'Batman v Superman' (not his fault, however). But Hamm would be just so good as a superhero. I could totally see him as Batman, but I love both Bale and Affleck. Maybe Hamm could be 'Archer' in a live-action adaptation of the TV series, but then I would love Jeffrey Donavan to play a Michael Westen-esque spy on a major film.

Jon Hamm's new look on Edgar Wright's 'Baby Driver':

jon-hamm-jamie-foxx-baby-driver-07.jpg
    @DaltonCraig007, now that's what I call against-typecasting.
    I've never been a big Superman fan, so I can't really comment all that much on Cavill (I preferred BvS to MoS, so that shows what I know).

Hamm just has that old school rock solid look & demeanour to him (including voice and style). I really wish he gets something worthy of his considerable talents (which has not happened yet sadly).
    bondjames wrote: »
    I really wish he gets something worthy of his considerable talents (which has not happened yet sadly).
    That's what I've been telling everyone for a long time.
    I know we have a lot of Christopher Nolan fans here, so an update on his upcoming WW2 film 'Dunkirk':

13458747_811831392280190_1786527070689634631_o.jpg
    13442557_811831262280203_4421523090829412346_o.jpg
    13255977_801566563306673_2271697293126855302_n.jpg?oh=8875711006613d1dbafed803fe020b3f&oe=57C96B25
    5876299_ap-145272581895_1000x625.jpg
    resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.metronews.fr%2F_internal%2Fgxml!0%2F2qijkhn0ctpwx8acoz5fxkpvtmr4nbh%249wb0flo3mnd0s46x6elie0qufepi0km%2Fdunkirk-1.jpeg&width=810
    3528B33600000578-3636848-In_the_navy_Kenneth_slotted_perfectly_into_his_role_for_the_new_-a-30_1465675516233.jpg
    Awesome @DaltonCraig007. There are a lot of war movies coming out these days, it seems.

Has this been posted before? Our Kind of Traitor. My favourite genre, a great cast, and some Bond connections (including possible past Bond contenders) make it a must-see for me:
    A bit of very hardcore 1980's style horror movie?

And the 'come back of Shia Laboeuf' according to the Cannes critics: