Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

I will be very suprised if that movie turns out 'okay'
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I personally can't wait for the Ghosbusters film to come out. Not a fan of the series, couldn't care less about the continuation, but what I am fascinated to watch is the decimation of a brand on a massive scale by a fed-up public.

I look forward to the reports of dropping box office numbers, endless articles ripping apart Akroyd for lying and saying the movie was actually good, and assorted tirades about how reboots/remakes need to stop already, and that misguided feminist BS has no place in cinema when you're making a movie with only an agenda to push.

I think this movie will be for Ghostbusters fans what Batman v Superman was for me and endless other DC fans: it will trigger tearful sorrow, massive, heated tirades and trigger depressed episodes yearning for better days in cinema.

How anyone, anywhere can be at all optimistic about this new Ghostbusters movie, is beyond me. It's got a cast of actresses doing what they've already done in 8 other roles, a script that is failing to relive past series glories, and trailers that have all failed to hit any sweet spots at all with audiences, nostalgia be damned.
    And a poster for American Pastoral:

american_pastoral_xxlg.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    What a load of crap ! :((

8-|
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Don't know what happened there, I was commenting on the
    New Ghostbusters theme :))
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    What a complete PoS! Where's Ray Parker Jr. when you need him? Or even Bobby Brown?
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 2,081

Oh, okay then. :) - I mean sure, McGregor's movie might be crap, too, but the trailer and poster surely aren't disastorous or anything.

I find it interesting that the Ghostbusters movie seems to be something people just love to hate. Nobody seems to think it's any good, yet we have trailers and theme song and comments, and it has gotten quite some attention here. I'm wondering if people will be watching just so they can hate it more. I haven't even bothered to watch a trailer, nor listen to the song, since I have never planned to see the movie, so I have zero interest. (I thought the original movie was crap, too, I saw that back in... whenever it was. The song was catchy, though. And the logo is cute.)
    I personally can't wait for the Ghosbusters film to come out. Not a fan of the series, couldn't care less about the continuation, but what I am fascinated to watch is the decimation of a brand on a massive scale by a fed-up public.

I look forward to the reports of dropping box office numbers, endless articles ripping apart Akroyd for lying and saying the movie was actually good, and assorted tirades about how reboots/remakes need to stop already, and that misguided feminist BS has no place in cinema when you're making a movie with only an agenda to push.

I think this movie will be for Ghostbusters fans what Batman v Superman was for me and endless other DC fans: it will trigger tearful sorrow, massive, heated tirades and trigger depressed episodes yearning for better days in cinema.

How anyone, anywhere can be at all optimistic about this new Ghostbusters movie, is beyond me. It's got a cast of actresses doing what they've already done in 8 other roles, a script that is failing to relive past series glories, and trailers that have all failed to hit any sweet spots at all with audiences, nostalgia be damned.

For me the issue is that within 30 seconds I was able to come up with a better idea for ghostbusters then what we are likely going to get.

Here is my pitch and for everyone @doubleego @daltoncraig and especially you Brady tell me what you think keep in mind I am still doing the "all girls thing" as I am basing this solely on the fact of even with sony's mandate and writer director and con artist Paul Feig's claim that men can accept female ghostbusters because we are all mysoginists who are horrible people (real nice way to get people into your movie by calling 50% of the fan base horrible people nice)

Anyways

The film opens up with a montage of however many original cast memebers want to do it taking on ghosts all over the world ...
    For example there is an urban legend in Japan that if you go to a public restroom at night you will hear a voice in the next stall say red or blue paper red means he cuts your throat blue means he strangles you I could totally picture Bill Murray being the one in the scene and saying "green paper as in money" throwing he box in the second stall and getting rid of the ghost lol
    Anyways after that and a great rendition of the theme tune (instead of he piece of shit we got now for the new film) we open up on four down on their luck women (if I had to cast I would probably do Mila Kunis Jennifer Aniston Naomie Harris and maybe Hilary duff) who are of course friends and need money (throw in a few sterotypical dead beat husbands ex BF etc) anyways they see an add for a ghost busters franchise Oppertunity and thinking it's all a scam Aniston (who would basically be the Venkman replacement) convinces the other girls to join in. The four of them buy a franchise in LA (where the film takes place) and get trained by one of he original ghostbusters (my guess is Ackroyd as he loves this stuff) the 5 of them go on their first case and the girls realize this is all very very real. (I am guessing it's a comedic ghost with a cameo role from pick someone funny who can play a ghost) but they start to get over their fears as they get half way decent at it until strange stuff starts happening and it turns out that a demon from hell is literally trying to pull he city of angels down to hell with him.

After defeating the ancient evil Mila or one of then gives a "anyone can be a ghostbusters" speech that is schmaltzy but not horrible and there you go

End credits

Boom how hard is that! All female still remains but you have 4 talented actresses you have respect for what came before it and while your playing with sterotypes your also switching them around a bit too.

And yet Paul Feig decided you know what hell what does Harold Ramis or Dan Ackroyd know I directed bridesmaids so clearly I know everything..

I can wait till the move comes out and bonbs hard
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Can't say how that might compare to this inevitable trainwreck hitting cinemas soon, but Hillary Duff in anything is a bad idea.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    dalton wrote: »
    Just when you thought the whole Ghostbusters thing couldn't get any worse, they debut the new theme song today:

Sweet jesus, that is considered music? It sounds like a skeleton having a wank in a metal dustbin.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,694
    Ok, it has taken 21 years, but I think I just heard a song that makes 'Experience of Love' sound fantastic in comparison.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

Nice little "homage" to Moonraker :D

giphy.gif
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    bondjames wrote: »
    I thought Marshall said that they wouldn't reboot Indy a few months back?
    Marshall said Indy wouldn't be recast

Did he say reboot or recast or both?
    Damn, Moore looks good in that clip.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Enjoyed the original short film, but knowing how most horror movie trailers go, I'll be avoiding this one, as it'll surely spoil any scares the movie may have. Will check out the movie at some point, though!
    I don t believe it.
    Maybe they have changed their mind. It's too much of a goldmine to let go of.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

How could I resist a horror film starring the charming Teresa Palmer? :x Consider 'Lights Out' added to my 'to watch' list.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Looks good. I just hope it doesn't suck. Horror movies these days usually disappoint. I'm keeping my expectations in check and hopefully I can be pleasantly surprised.
    Why do more and more horror films use kids in them these days? Ever since Sixth Sense or The Ring, this seems to be an obsession. Is there something Freudian or oedipal I'm missing here?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Kids are just effing creepy. Anything considered innocent or child-esque utilised in a way for evil or morally challenging purposes is a great tool in trying to create shock value.
    That makes sense. Good point.
    THE LEGEND OF TARZAN looks like the most fun Tarzan since TARZAN TRIUMPHS from 1943 (aka Tarzans Desert Mystery).

However I just read that Stellan Skarsgård is the new Tarzan. Ha Ha! As if, what a sight that would be.
    Either way, the Indiana Jones property will go on, because as I said, they didn't buy the rights to it, just to make a final Ford film and never touch the property again. That'd be beyond foolish.
    Maybe we are looking at an animated/CGI future for the franchise. Ford will be Jones for the next hundred years.
    Why do more and more horror films use kids in them these days? Ever since Sixth Sense or The Ring, this seems to be an obsession. Is there something Freudian or oedipal I'm missing here?

Hasn't that been happening already much earlier? The Exorcist, Omen, and so on? Or maybe kids often being in horror movies is just a wrong impression I have, never having been into the genre much?

Yes, you're right @Tuulia. It has been going on for far longer. As doubleoego said, it's probably because turning someone so pure into something evil has massive shock impact, which is what the genre is all about after all.