Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @DaltonCraig007, not really. It has a bit of an 'artsy feel' to it. Stylish but in a unique way. I can't put my finger on it but you know it's not standard Hollywood fare.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Ah, I understand. Sounds quite interesting! And a Cate Blanchett film is always a must watch.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's stylish/artsy/electric, but done well and still exciting. From what I recall, it's not a full-blown action movie, but it does have its moments.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @doubleoego @Creasy47

Samuel L Jackson did a video chat on IMDB for 'Legend of Tarzan', and revealed that he is a massive fan of Asian action/crime films, and has tons of South Korean/Hong Kong films in his DVD collection at home.

I'm not surprised to be honest. Jackson's personal interests have always been eclectic. What is surprising is that he hasn't popped up in any of these Asian films. I suppose it's only a matter of time.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Great stuff @DaltonCraig007. An update of Species, to my eye, with a bit of Splice & Hanna thrown in.

Yeah that Morgan trailer reminded me of splice, hanna and definitely ex machina.

It's a definite must see. I've said this before but i'll say it again, I'm impressed with the slate of upcoming films.
    @bondjames is 'Hanna' the action film with Saoirse Ronan and Cate Blanchett? I've been meaning to watch it, do you recommend it?

Definitely see it. Eric Bana has a fantastic tracking scene of hand to hand combat and Ronan is a beast.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    voyage-of-time-poster-691x1024.jpg
    The IMAX version (which I probably won't have a chance to see, unfortunately) of Voyage Of Time is apparently 40 mins. The regular version, narrated by Cate Blanchett is supposed to be 90 mins.

I suppose further recommendations aren't needed, but I'd recommned Hanna as well.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Ah yes, I remember seeing the teaser posted here a few weeks back.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hobbs will wear Under Armor anywhere, whether he finds himself in Brazil or Antarctica (or whatever frozen hell that happens to be).
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,694
    While Hobbs declares war in Iceland, here is Mel Gibson giving his take on World War 2, on the set of 'Hacksaw Ridge':

ClzpTuvWAAABUnv.jpg
    Looks like the morning after in my bedroom.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2016 Posts: 28,694
    doubleoego wrote: »

@doubleoego, so, what you're saying is that when Normandy comes over to your house, you storm her it like crazy? And the you know what are the brave little soldiers?
    @doubloego do you look as badass as Mel, however?

VT8_K.jpg
    doubleoego wrote: »

@doubleoego, so, what you're saying is that when Normandy comes over to your house, you storm her it like crazy? And the you know what are the brave little soldiers?

That's putting it mildly
    ;)
    @doubloego do you look as badass as Mel, however?

VT8_K.jpg

Ha! Unfortunately I'm not quite as grizzly but I still put in the work like a badass though.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I saw this trailer for Don't Breathe when in the theatre while waiting for The Shallows to start. Looks good.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    It's funny, so many potential Bonds are labeled "Pretty Boys"; there was a time when the leathery fellow above was called a pretty boy :D. Time, and lifestyle, took care of that.
    ClqlDWwWAAAs38R.jpg
    @bondjames @Creasy47 @doubleoego @Murdock @ClarkDevlin @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

A little reminder on what's coming soon in terms of action films:

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Good stuff.
    What the f*ck. Barkhad Abdi, who was fantastic as the main pirate in 'Captain Phillips' joins the cast of 'Blade Runner 2'. Can the cast get any better?!
    @DaltonCraig007, it's a shame Mel didn't come back for Mad Max. He looks better now than ever.

Not sure how I feel about The Magnificent Seven. I predict another disappointment, but not a total flop like Ghostbusters will likely be. It's still a revamp/remake that doesn't need to exist, just like all the rest of the films like it that want to capitalize on past greatness the easy way. I just don't see the appeal of it when the original did it so much better, and had a cast that was truly exceptional and unmatched, especially Mr. McQueen, who I think Daniel is a dead ringer for. They really need to get him to do a McQueen biopic post-Bond that'll really let him flex his acting muscles as a real life figure of cinema.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 40,551
    @DaltonCraig007, every time I comment on how there's no way the cast for 'Blade Runner 2' could get any better, they somehow prove me wrong. Real happy to see that Barkhad has found continued fame after 'Captain Phillips.' He was great in 'Eye In The Sky,' as well.

EDIT: First trailer for boxing drama 'Bleed For This,' starring Miles Teller:

http://www.slashfilm.com/bleed-for-this-trailer/
    Wow, 'Bleed For This' looks extremely good, @Creasy47. Now I need a trailer for the other boxing drama of the year, 'Hands of Stone' with Robert De Niro, which got a huge standing ovation at Cannes a few months ago.
    The trailer was oddly cut, in my opinion, but hopefully that doesn't take away from the film itself, as I'll surely check it out once the time comes.
    @Creasy47 still early but I can already smell a big Oscar competition for Best Actor between Teller in 'Bleed For This' and Andrew Garfield in 'Hacksaw Ridge' and/or 'Silence' (could he be nominated for both?). Neeson looks set for Supporting Actor, but De Niro in 'Hands of Stone' is mighty good, apparently.
    Indeed he could, like Cate Blanchett for 'Elizabeth' and 'I'm Not There,' or Jamie Foxx for both 'Ray' and 'Collateral.'

I haven't heard/read anything about 'Hands of Stone,' but if it has De Niro in it, I'll check it out.
    @Creasy47 the beast that is Edgar Ramirez is in it too.

Hands+of+Stone
    @DaltonCraig007, nice to see Ruben Blades in it, as well. Just watched the teaser trailer for it, looks great - I see Usher is playing Sugar Ray Leonard in it, which is odd. Can't think of any movies I've seen him act in before.