Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Isn't 'Patriots Day' about the Boston Marathon bombings?

Correct. Berg/Wahlberg are releasing that and the BP oil spill film 'Deepwater Horizon' only 2 months apart.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @doubleoego

In what way can Asian films be more awesome? Answer: add Liam Neeson as one of the main actors! Here's the full trailer for 'Operation Chromite'

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @doubleoego @Creasy47 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe

i don't think this trailer was posted here. Looks very cool

I had a 28 Days Later / Children Of Men vibe from that, that one is added to my ' to watch' list as well. Gemma doesn't seem to be having any trouble with the so-called Bond Girl curse. Good for her.
    @bondjames @doubleoego @Creasy47

Now this looks intense:

I've been looking into Bastille Day for a while now. I like the concept, as it gives Idris a chance to do a spy film in the vein of Bond that he'd never get to do otherwise.

For any interested, I wouldn't suggest looking into too many of the trailers, as I already know more than I wanted to from viewing just one. I'd say TV spots only, if even that.
    The film is showing for a while over here, and the trailers give a rather wrong impression of the film.

girl_with_all_the_gifts.jpg

five_nights_in_maine.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @doubleoego

In what way can Asian films be more awesome? Answer: add Liam Neeson as one of the main actors! Here's the full trailer for 'Operation Chromite'

@bondjames @doubleoego @Creasy47

Now this looks intense:

Yes-GIF_2.gif?gs=a
    edited July 2016 Posts: 15,696
    @bondjames @Creasy47 @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin

STOP EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING. Mel Gibson is going to kick some major ASS!

New trailer for 'Blood Father'

CmwbcV-XYAAJCsR.jpg
    CmxmBLIWgAA6ChN.jpg
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 2,081
    220px-I_Am_Not_a_Serial_Killer.jpg

• edited July 2016 Posts: 3,336
    Does anybody know about this:
    This Never Happened to the Other Fella (2016)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3728210/
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Does anybody know about this:
    This Never Happened to the Other Fella (2016)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3728210/

Huh... no, this is the first that i've heard about that. :-?
    Coming soon:

CjPNalFW0AActZW.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    What is that, 'Dog Eat Dog,' @DaltonCraig007? If Dafoe is in it, I'll watch it for sure.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @DaltonCraig007, Blood Father looks like vintage Mel. He's really in good shape, and it's a pity he declined doing another Lethal Weapon, because I think he could have easily pulled it off, as could Rene Russo.

@Tuulia, I am not a serial killer looks fascinating. Great trailer. It kind of reminds me of The Killing (the US AMC version)
    Yes, @Creasy47, it's 'Dog Eat Dog'. It screened at Cannes this year, and apparently it's quite an interesting film with bonkers performance from Cage and Dafoe.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    George Miller and Mel made a sour decision when they decided to part ways on Mad Max. Seeing an aged and further worn Max somehow still alive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland would have been the greatest. So many stories they could tell in that twisted, vivid world.
    @bondjames @Creasy47 @doubleoego

First set pics of the upcoming film from the director of 'Ex Machina'

http://www.slashfilm.com/annihilation-set-photos/

Looks absolutely stunning.
    bondjames wrote: »
    @Tuulia, I am not a serial killer looks fascinating. Great trailer. It kind of reminds me of The Killing (the US AMC version)

I hadn't even heard of the movie before, but also really liked the trailer. (I haven't seen The Killing.)

@bondjames @Creasy47 @doubleoego

First set pics of the upcoming film from the director of 'Ex Machina'

http://www.slashfilm.com/annihilation-set-photos/

Looks absolutely stunning.

Tessa Thompson alone is enough reason for me to see this.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The way that picture was taken, it looks like Fassbender's character may not be the only one the Abstergo guys are up against in the present timeline.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

That s the new James Bond?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Has Fass been working out? Looks pretty cut in that shot, and yes, it does look like a gunbarrel pose of sorts.
    Fassy's always been in great shape so it's not surprising for a film like this that he looks pretty cut
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    And unexpectedly we might hear he's being cast as Bond. :D
    Table 19 : Seems like a nice RomCom. Love the line at the end :

Somebody hasn't read his Shakespeare, methinks !
    @Risico007 @bondjames @Creasy47 @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @Thunderfinger @Thunderpussy

'Ghostbusters' (2016) has a 67% rating by critics on RT so far.

EDIT: 70% now.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I just saw the new trailer before The Legend of Tarzan.

It looks just as shitty as the old ones.