No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    007 Magazine is adamant that they have a relaible source that Daniel Craig is definitely going to quit.

I also read on a FB post the same story. It said that Tom Hiddleston has been offered the Bond role. Getting closer to some actual news as OO7 magazine is a well known publication. But still nothing concrete from EON or Craig.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    dalton wrote: »
    I don't want to see a retread of something we've seen before either.

Unlike this thread.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 4,400
    Daniel Craig has walked away from the Bond role; Tom Hiddleston shot a Bond screen-test about a month ago at Pinewood Studios; Barbara Broccoli has offered Hiddleston the role.

https://www.facebook.com/007-MAGAZINE-95915333105/?fref=nf

Tom+Hiddleston+102nd+White+House+Correspondents+Ya5yi2Js-5al.jpg

I'm not sure of the relationship that 007 Magazine has with EON, I'm aware it was very strong at one point. However, bear in mind they ran a pretty in-depth breakdown of the Sony leaks which I doubt EON would be happy with it. But its undeniable that Graham Rye knows people working on these movies.

Stay tuned.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I've known for quite sometime that Rye has been close friends with Michael G. Wilson.
    But if Eon wanted to keep it under wraps for now, doesn't this kind of undermine that relationship with Eon with 007 Magazine, if it is a close one?
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    But if Eon wanted to keep it under wraps for now, doesn't this kind of undermine that relationship with Eon with 007 Magazine, if it is a close one?
    No idea. So, I suppose a June announcement is indeed due to come.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Going forward, it definitely makes good business sense as him going hand in hand with Bond definitely pulls in a wider audience than most of his predecessors. However, it's all about official announcements and that's all I'm waiting for which is why I havn't said much about who should be the 7th Bond actor since I brought up Hiddleston back in April 2012.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited June 2016 Posts: 1,756
    If this is true, I highly doubt Hiddleston would decline the offer.

Also, they could already have a director and distributor. I think they're more ahead then we realize.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    If it's Hiddle, it would seem almost anti-climactic.

I'm more convinced than ever now that Hiddleswift on the beach was indeed a press stunt to boost both their brands (hers to show she was over that chap she was seeing before, and his to raise his US profile).
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    bondjames wrote: »
    If it's Hiddle, it would seem almost anti-climactic.

I'm more convinced than ever now that Hiddleswift on the beach was indeed a press stunt to boost both their brands (hers to show she was over that chap she was seeing before, and his to raise his US profile).
    Completely agree.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    if thats true then all his recent "i haven't been offered the part" was just the usuall BS.
    I do hope he is Bond Nr. 007 though.
  • Here's the full text of 007 Magazine's Facebook post:

//So, Daniel Craig has walked away from the Bond role; Tom Hiddleston shot a Bond screen-test about a month ago at Pinewood Studios; Barbara Broccoli has offered Hiddleston the role; Hiddleston is thinking about it; apparently...//

Apparently? Sounds less than definitive.

As phrased, 007 Magazine doesn't explicitly say (at least on Facebook) that this is information it obtained.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I hope @Mendes4Lyfe doesn't resort to anything extreme.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    doubleoego wrote: »
    He's busy celebrating Aidan Turner's birthday.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

To be fair, this "confirmation/scoop" is as official as the last 50 were over the last 260 pages.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    jake24 wrote: »
    He's busy celebrating Aidan Turner's birthday.

How old is Adrian Turner at the moment!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    If you look at the comments in the post on FB 007 Magazine say they are standing by their comment and have it on good authority that this is true and wouldn't be printing it if they didn't believe it to be genuine.

They won't reveal their source but they say they have no reason to not believe their insider.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    If you look at the comments in the post on FB 007 Magazine say they are standing by their comment and have it on good authority that this is true and wouldn't be printing it if they didn't believe it to be genuine.

They won't reveal their source but they say they have no reason to not believe their insider.
    That's Graham Rye alright! :))
    I must be missing what you all saw, as many of the comments I saw showcase being hesitant and cautious. To me, it's no different than any other scoops, but we'll see.
  • Shardlake wrote: »

No, he doesn't say he has a source, at least not on the Facebook page. Has 007 Magazine posted this elsewhere? I don't see it on its website.

Again, original post on Facebook:

//So, Daniel Craig has walked away from the Bond role; Tom Hiddleston shot a Bond screen-test about a month ago at Pinewood Studios; Barbara Broccoli has offered Hiddleston the role; Hiddleston is thinking about it; apparently...//

Nothing about a source, person/people familiar with the situation, etc. Nothing like that. It's written like like an established fact, As in, "The sun will rise in the east tomorrow."

If he had written something like "007 Magazine has confirmed/obtained information that" followed by the rest of it, that would establish he has a source he can't identify.

I'm guessing he has heard from somebody this is the case. But it should have made clear this is from some kind of source.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I still won't be holding my breath
    Barbara will tell when she's got it sorted have a bit of faith in the meantime ;)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited June 2016 Posts: 9,117
    I'd be surprised if someone like Graham Rye ran this without being pretty sure of his facts as it would seriously undermine his credibility.

This is by far the most believable story we've had as compared to a tabloid rag or internet bullshit it's a very reputable source.

@Mendes is a bit quiet. Think someone should go round and check on him in case he's going on a tearful paracetamol binge?
    Does anybody really believe that Hiddleston hasn't been screentested at this point? I'm pretty sure he's been there, done that, and is shortlisted. Whether he's got it remains to be seen.
    Don't, you might get, what you asked for and he returns. Its quite nice without him actually. ;)

What is laughable is, that he is THINKING about it. Man, he would jump from a bridge to get the gig - if it wasn't too dangerous, that is.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Please be true, please be true [-O<
    I'm still skeptical on this, but this is a more solid bit of news than the other tabloid nonsense that some have been running with and accepting as truth. I do hope that it turns out to be false, though, as I think that Hiddleston isn't the guy for the part. I will, however, give him a chance if he's cast, as opposed to Turner who would have had me taking a decade-plus break from the franchise, but I still think that there are many other choices out there that would be much, much better, and a casting process that took a bit longer to sort out would have turned them up rather than immediately going to one of the more high profile names out there.
  • Amusingly, 007 Magazine was singing a different song back on May 19.

//The media scrum about Daniel Craig leaving the James Bond role is speculation until an official press release is issued by Eon Productions.//

Does that mean the 007 Magazine Facebook post fall under "speculation" because no press release has been issued by Eon?

Note: If contracts get signed and no press release has been issued, that's darned official. Press releases are the end of the process.

I have a belief and view that Craig was done with the role pre-SP, and I believe that those in the inner circle knew about it as well. At least he was 80% done with it. The knee might have been the turning point. This has just been one long drawn out process since that point. dmwalker from the leaks thread was probably right all along.
    @bondjames, that's exactly what I've been saying all along, that Craig has been done with the role for some time now, yet I tend to get some heavy, emotional disagreement when I make that case.
    Understandable @Creasy47, since he has many passionate fans, and rightly so. As does SP, but to me, it reeked of a film where the director and actor were just trying hard to put a bow on it and tie it up rather than give us something trend setting and awe inspiring. That was the tip off.