No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited June 2016 Posts: 8,183
    Incredible! Just like that, Aidan Turner is the favourite. Could this day get any better?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @bondjames to tell you the truth, when I read the Deadline article, I became more optimistic that he'd be returning to the role. I don't know why other than to say he's "sowing his wild oats": a play in NY, a supporting role in a heist film, a TV show, and then returning to the role of Bond.

He's taken the 007 role quite seriously, and, if BB offers him another producing credit, I just have more faith now that he'll come back. He'll be that far more removed from SP, rejuvenated in being gone awhile and playing other diverse roles, and will tackle his fifth Bond film with vigor.

Like you, just a feeling I have (and still feel that EoN would allow their man to wander off for a while (as they did with Mendes), and would let him star in a potentially acclaimed series from the revered novelist Jonathan Franzen; this project is, once again, potentially, more rewarding than say something like C&A, and they let him do that (and that was supposed to spawn a franchise)).
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    You could be right @peter. My views could be subconsciously framed more by my observation of & familiarity with the Cubby regime. Babs certainly has taken some risks with directors and with approach in comparison to her father, so who knows. I'm still of the view that he's moved on, and more and more anecdotal evidence points this way, but anything is possible.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @bondjames: then your view breaks my heart! Bastard... (I don't do emojicons, but you get my meaning).
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 9,788
    Incredible! Just like that, Aidan Turner is the favourite. Could this day get any better?

Untill tomorrow when Fassbender is announced as the new 007 lol

edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    peter wrote: »
    @bondjames: then your view breaks my heart! Bastard... (I don't do emojicons, but you get my meaning).
    We could all be surprised at the end of the day. None of us knows anything for sure, and none of us is likely to for some time yet imho. This is going to be a very painful summer of idle chatter & rumour mongering to get through.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don't believe it! Just like that, Aidan Turner is the favourite. Could this day get any better?

Oy vey, this baselessness again...

Not to be offensive here, but reading your posts sometimes can be like reading the comments of an eight year old. So quick to believe, despite everything to the contrary. Your reaction to this Turner business, no disrespect to the man, is like watching a kid rejoice on Christmas Eve, shouting "Santa was here! Santa was here!" while all those around them just let the kid believe, instead of crushing his dreams and sharing that they were the ones who actually got the presents for him and ate the milk and cookies meant for the big man.

I can't help but get a headache from it all, really. It is very much like watching a gaggling group of teenage girls talk about a boy they all like, or bigfoot hunters trying to persuade the world that their life has been spent in pursuit of something real. Every day, someone, usually you, makes a comment about how things are really moving and EON are getting out Bond 25 at lightning speed, but with absolutely no information/sources other than rag journalism to rely on (let's not forget, these same people were pushing Damien Lewis). Getting by on hopes, dreams and faith may work in the movies, but in the real world it has no practical place. Things don't just happen because you desire them to. Certain factors must fall into place, like, say, a distribution deal. You know, the thing many here with their dream castings fail to realize is still an issue, a roadblock in the way of their chosen actor realizing their Bond destiny, yada yada yada.

It's going to be very hard for me not to say "I told you so" about a million times in a post the day it's announced that Dan is signed for Bond 25. I'm really going to do my damnedest that day to resist the temptation, but I'm certainly not daring enough to make any promises.
  • RC7RC7
    I don't believe it! Just like that, Aidan Turner is the favourite. Could this day get any better?

Not to be offensive here, but reading your posts sometimes can be like reading the comments of an eight year old. So quick to believe, despite everything to the contrary. Your reaction to this Turner business, no disrespect to the man, is like watching a kid rejoice on Christmas Eve, shouting "Santa was here! Santa was here!" while all those around them just let the kid believe, instead of crushing his dreams and sharing that they were the ones who actually got the presents for him and ate the milk and cookies meant for the big man.

I can't help but get a headache from it all, really. It is very much like watching a gaggling group of teenage girls talk about a boy they all like, or bigfoot hunters trying to persuade the world that their life has been spent in pursuit of something real. Every day, someone, usually you, makes a comment about how things are really moving and EON are getting out Bond 25 at lightning speed, but with absolutely no information/sources other than rag journalism to rely on (let's not forget, these same people were pushing Damien Lewis). Getting by on hopes, dreams and faith may work in the movies, but in the real world it has no practical place. Things don't just happen because you desire them to. Certain factors must fall into place, like, say, a distribution deal. You know, the thing many here with their dream castings fail to realize is still an issue, a roadblock in the way of their chosen actor realizing their Bond destiny, yada yada yada.

It's going to be very hard for me not to say "I told you so" about a million times in a post the day it's announced that Dan is signed for Bond 25. I'm really going to do my damnedest that day to resist the temptation, but I'm certainly not daring enough to make any promises.

Ha ha, glad it's not just me who's bored of the pre-school nonsense.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 6,601
    [

Cleary you need to remain the man of our trust - to behave like a gent - always. ;;)

I'll do it for you. My reputation allows some nastyness, I believe. B-)

Hold on a minute, though...

All I said was he was the favourite. If you look at the odds, that is the case. If you think the information is incorrect or misrepresentative in some way, direct your frustration at the poster of the article, or the writer of the article itself. Don't blame me for any mistakes.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Aidian or Turner or ahem Bell could have billions of votes but it doesn't matter. BB is making the decision. So until EoN announces its all in our daydreams whom we want.
    I think the title of the thread should perhaps read "Daniel Craig is James Bond: Latest rumour is...." or "Daniel Craig is James Bond: Latest confirmed story is....."

Perhaps that could satisfy everyone and still allow healthy discussion to continue here, because until we are told otherwise, all we have really is rumour & opinion (which as I've said before, I personally don't have any problem discussing), and Craig is still the incumbent.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Aidian or Turner or ahem Bell could have billions of votes but it doesn't matter. BB is making the decision. So until EoN announces its all in our daydreams whom we want.

It's not voting, it's betting. Slightly different.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited June 2016 Posts: 40,593
    I don't think the title of this thread has anything to do with it; some are set on Craig not returning, and others are set on him still playing the role in 'Bond 25.' Opinions vary, speculation varies. It's sad that some are 100% set on a particular actor taking over without being able to discuss any other outcome or scenario, and it's also sad that some are 100% set on Daniel Craig definitely returning, and can't seem to even entertain the idea of it not happening, or someone else entering the picture.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I think the title of the thread should perhaps read "Daniel Craig is James Bond: Latest rumour is...." or "Daniel Craig is James Bond: Latest confirmed story is....."

Perhaps that could satisfy everyone and still allow healthy discussion to continue here, because until we are told otherwise, all we have really is rumour & opinion (which as I've said before, I personally don't have any problem discussing), and Craig is still the incumbent.

Yep. Cuz honestly this is the only fact we know for sure. He's still Bond. Period. End of story, that's that. And most would agree he is in fact contracted for a 5th film. Done and done.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    mcdonbb wrote: »

It's not voting, it's betting. Slightly different.

True
  • RC7RC7

All I said was he was the favourite. If you look at the odds, that is the case. If you think the information is incorrect or misrepresentative in some way, direct your frustration at the poster of the article, or the writer of the article itself. Don't blame me for any mistakes.

All you said was...
    AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!

RC7 wrote: »

All you said was...

Exactly. Have you read the article yet? He is the favourite. I didn't have a hand in those numbers.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

The funny (there's a far more honest world I'd like to use) thing is, whether Turner was the leader of the pack or barely holding on to the rankings by his fingertips, you'd be reacting in the same exact way. Hence people's confused reactions at this continual celebration for Turner winning the role by some here. It borders religious worship, and I hate to say it, but Turner isn't Jesus.

I don't dispute the information as much as I laugh in its face. This is all glorified dream casting where no choice will ever matter, because, once again, Dan is the incumbent Bond and nothing has shown us that he isn't coming back. And, the chances are far higher that he is for those who understand the man.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Sigh I just don't get the big deal with him he is just feels like Brosnan 2.0

And that's exactly what makes him so popular. It would be wonderful.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

All you said was...

Exactly. Have you read the article yet? He is the favourite. I didn't have a hand in those numbers.

Tom Hardy has been the favourite, Idris has, Hiddleston has, if IRRC Turner has been a previous favourite back in the new year. Nothing is 'happening'.
    Again, if you're unhappy with the results there are far more pertinent people to direct your frustrations at.
    Ah the ignore sense and reason just so your guy can be 007
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Sigh I just don't get the big deal with him he is just feels like Brosnan 2.0

And that's exactly what makes him so popular. It would be wonderful.
    =D> Brosnan is the man.
    Again, if you're unhappy with the results there are far more pertinent people to direct your frustrations at.

I'm happy for you. I like Turner as well.
    I don't hate Brosnan I just find him weak compared to the likes of Craig, Dalton, Connery , Moore, even Lazenby
    Ah the ignore sense and reason just so your guy can be 007

What sense or reason would be against Turner as Bond exactly?
    He is not worse or better than Hiddy, Fassbender or Hardy.
    No I know but until I see a press release and an official pic of The new Bond... Daniel Craig IS James Bond 007
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I don't have a problem with Turner, Fassbender, Hiddleston or Craig. Bell is a different matter.

All I want is for them to sort out the darn distributor thing, get a kick 'a' director, a superior script, devise some stunning action scenarios worthy of Bond, and move forward quickly with a new film, ideally for a late 2018 release.

That's really all I want.

I'm happy for you. I like Turner as well.

:-bd