No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Mendes' departure is good news. Also, I'm ready for a complete change - new Bond, new director and writers, new cast. I think freshening up would be good for the series. It's somewhat risky, but it would bring back the excitement I haven't felt for quite a while.
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    In this day and age of Twitter, FB and other social media a choice like Jamie Bell would create a shitstorm of gigantic proportions and possibly hurt the franchise even before the movie hits the screens.

Just like it did in 2006?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Mendes' departure definitely doesn't come as a shock since he guaranteed and confirmed that months ago, but having yet another confirmation makes it a little better.

It's relevant now because there was the story last week about Mendes, Barbara and Piddleston apparently having a meeting. So now it looks like that story was bull.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/28/sam-mendes-james-bond-is-not-a-democracy---the-next-actor-will-b/

Lol. THIS is the guy you all want?

Shrugs no one is perfect and yes that is the guy I want
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 1,469
    moved to another thread
    @Jake24 , in the resume in the first page, can you and the link of the source or the page where they are ? Beaucause the the ton of ussless post "I think" "I beliveve" "imo", it's will be hard to refind it in few years.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Finally some positive news: No more Thomas Newman!!!

If they could just announce that Rory has been binned as well I'd be so happy they could cast Elba and I wouldn't even mind.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    That is the best news for me - end of Newman's time with Bond. Genuine excitement when I think of us getting a new composer. :-bd
    Finally some positive news: No more Thomas Newman!!!

If they could just announce that Rory has been binned as well I'd be so happy they could cast Elba and I wouldn't even mind.

Are stone cold crazy WizardOffice ????
    I don't want no idris elbow as Bond.
    Rory IS overrated that's for sure. He needs a reboot..... :))
    Yes, Seydoux costs too much to welcome back for Bond 25, so Barbara has had to cast Bell, who will wear a wig, fake breasts (implant surgery was asking too much) and lipstick for the entire duration of the film to effectively play Madeleine. Then, as Dan's Bond takes him her in his arms to plant a kiss on him her at the beginning of the film, he can look at the camera first and say, with a look of horror on his face, "This didn't happen to the other fellas."

And Bell could say "You've caught me with more than my hands up."
  • Hello everybody. First of all I should say that I’m not a Bond fan, I have not seen all Bond films, I don’t care who will be next Bond or will the next film even be filmed, also I’m not British, so forgive please my poor English language. I got here by accident several days ago from there http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2636108/board/thread/251480139?p=1 and enjoyed some of your discussion which was funny and instructive, thank you.

OK, I'm here to clarify that statement of Mirror which was quoted by one of the members: “Poldark star Aidan Turner is cashing in on his newfound fame by charging fans £25 to take a picture with him” (Meanwhile Turner is charging $25 per autograph. I'm not one to pass judgment on an actor I haven't seen in anything, but he comes off as a prick if true. http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/aidan-turner-cashes-poldark-fame-7985607).

So Turner is not charging that money, the organizers of London Comic Con are doing so, and this is a common practice on such events throughout the world. There are a lot of other actors on this Comic Con (for example the stuff of Big Bang Theory, Jessie Eisenberg) and photos and autographs of many of them cost much more.

There were much talks about “charisma”, “screen presence”, etc. on this forum, and although I’m not going to convince anyone here of something, I’d like to tell some facts well known among admirers of AT’s talent: Peter Jackson saw Turner in “Being Human”, had a sort of man crush and invited him in “Hobbit” because of his charisma, screen presence and good looks; later, because of charisma, screen presence and good looks, he was invited in “Poldark” without preliminary casting.

And since I'm here, I want to express my appreciation of sir Sean Connery, Timothy Dalton and Daniel Craig, who are not only the best Bonds (imho, of course), but also the incredible actors and true, outstanding men, which have some sort of internal manhood, masculinity, courage… I don’t know how this could be expressed, it's hard to put into words, but Aidan Turner indee[img][/img]d has this sort of quality into himself too. And now I think I’ll go and add my voice to AT in Bond poll here (can it even affect anything?).

Thank you for attention.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Nice first post @misschristina
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Well this is an interesting development for the site. What other Bond fan forum can say that one of their members is none other than Aidan Turner's publicist?
    :)) Nice to know they take an interest in us. ;)
    On a seperate note ........ I still have a small supply of My autographed
    Photos ( a tasteful Nude, Me with a bunch of balloons ) for only £10
    a pop. ;)
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Well this is an interesting development for the site. What other Bond fan forum can say that one of their members if none other than Aidan Turner's publicist?
    Stupid comment, sorry.

Well this is an interesting development for the site. What other Bond fan forum can say that one of their members if none other than Aidan Turner's publicist?

..and we don't want any shadow cast over him, no would we? ;)

But in the end, I recognize another crazy fan, if I see one. Christina seems the Turner equivalent to my DC fangirl. But one thing, you should realize - as much as we might try to defend our men, its not really changing a thing. People believe, what they want and more often then not, its the negative, they feel compelled to believe. IF your man Turner gets a chance at Bond, he will find that out for sure and else. Its not a candy shop, this whole Bond universe. Its a crazy ride with lots of ups, but certainly lots of downs as well.
    I'm no expert in these things but I was under the impression that these days,
    at events it was the done thing that the first autograph was free, the rest were
    charged for as they'd most likely end up on ebay ?
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 1,661
    If Jamie Bell is or becomes a 'close friend' of Babs Broccoli then it is feasible he could become the next James Bond. In theory, if an actor become her friend they could stand a better than average chance of becoming James Bond. Not sure this is the ideal way to cast James Bond, though.

I thought many actors charge for their autographs. Well, not when they're at premiers but at other places they charge. Helps pay the rent!

Mr Turner does look a lot different with a beard. Looks like he's doing a Brian Blessed impression. ;))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Stupid comment, sorry.

Not trying to reinvent the wheel over here.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 498
    Not sure how it's done in the UK, but I've been to TV conventions and most celebrity autographs run between $40 to $75. I think photos are about the same.
    There are really people paying that much for an autograph? I mean, I wouldn't. Not even for DC's. Amazing. I find autographs really boring.
    I wouldn't try to get anybody's autograph even for free, I've never understood why people want them, so paying for one (any amount) makes zero sense to me.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I once asked Arno Hintjens,the TC Matic frontman,for an autograph written with ketchup on my french fries. Then I ate it.
    I once asked Arno Hintjens,the TC Matic frontman,for an autograph written with ketchup on my french fries. Then I ate it.

Brilliant :))

Its ok somehow, if you are really collecting them, but otherwise? What do I do with such a thing of my favourite whatever? It doesn't mean a thing to him/her and that is, why its so uninteresting to me. A selfie is much better :D

Tastier than paper, probably.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Its ok somehow, if you are really collecting them, but otherwise? What do I do with such a thing of my favourite whatever? It doesn't mean a thing to him/her and that is, why its so uninteresting to me. A selfie is much better :D

Yeah, people collect all sorts of weird things... But I suppose most people asking for autographs aren't collectors, but either sell them (amazingly there are people willing to pay), or are fans and for some mysterious reason give value to their scribble. Indeed, what does one do with it? I wouldn't ask for a pic, either, but I can sort of understand why many fans would consider that nice.

As for either meaning anything to the famous person... that's an interesting point. In some ways obviously they don't, but it still takes a bit of effort and time - not much a single one, but they get requests from tons of people, so... all put together it's potentially quite a bit of time and effort. It means something in that some famous folks are very generous with autographs and pics, and some are not.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    One way or another these are exciting times.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @moneyofpropre2 I'll try to start from now on.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    talos7 wrote: »
    One way or another these are exciting times.

Yes, Bond is little bit like a soap opera at the moment. Each few days there is a new revelation.
    Then again she's the one investing the money, so she gets to make the choices. ;)

No, the studio (or studios) pay for everything.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posted in the next Bond thread:

The next Bond is not who you expect according to Sam Mendes
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/may/29/next-james-bond-will-not-who-expect-sam-mendes-tom-hiddleston
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    So we've got our news for the week. This one will get spun around like no tomorrow.

I still think it was to throw us off the scent. We're getting too close.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    jake24 wrote: »
    Posted in the next Bond thread:

The next Bond is not who you expect according to Sam Mendes
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/may/29/next-james-bond-will-not-who-expect-sam-mendes-tom-hiddleston

Michael Bay and Danny DeVito confirmed for director and new Bond actor, respectively.