No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited May 2016 Posts: 9,737
    Tom Hiddleston would be unexpected in all honesty

As for who I want to direct Pierre Morrel as for Craig doing a 5th film I would love it...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Tom Hiddleston would be unexpected in all honesty

Really? Why?
    Well considering many here are suddenly becoming very religious and praying Hiddleston is not bond well yeah. Even level headed fans have said they will not watch bond 25 if Hiddleston is the next 007....

Just a thought
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Hiddleston seems like a rather obvious choice if you ask me. When Craig was cast he had very little support from fans. In comparison to Hiddleston, it seems many have divided opinions. I like the man, and he has proven on several occasions that he is capable of giving a charismatic performance.
    "Level headed" is not comparable to abandoning a series in its entirety that you love because an actor is cast that you don't like.
    If Hiddleston became Bond I would still watch it, I am not keen on him as Bond though would try to be open minded. Jamie Bell on the other hand would really test my loyalty, I think he would be a terrible choice. I was pro Craig from the start having seen Craig previously in films, if indeed Craig leaves at this point I am slightly concerned by the names cropping up.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    If Hiddleston became Bond I would still watch it, I am not keen on him as Bond though would try to be open minded. Jamie Bell on the other hand would really test my loyalty, I think he would be a terrible choice. I was pro Craig from the start having seen Craig previously in films, if indeed Craig leaves at this point I am slightly concerned by the names cropping up.

We need Bond 25 news unless Rolf Harris plead guilty of charges.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    talos7 wrote: »
    Craig + Campbell = perfect bookends

Craig is tarnished in America after SP. It's better all new for all. And yes I was a Craig fan.

Campbell isn't coming back. He did a good job with CR.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    www.tom-hiddleston-is-not-bond.com
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Is it always like this when there's a new Bond? I suppose Brozz was universally loved when he took the role on. Craig had his share of doubters, and now Hiddle is also facing some resistance. If he gets it, he'll have to demonstrate his capabilities on screen, like Craig has done.
    When Brosnan was announced because of Remington Steel and Fourth Protocol I was aware of him and seemed a good choice, though after a six year break it was just great to have a new Bond film. Brosnan had a great start so was happy at the time back in 1995, plus because he was linked so much with the role throughout the 80s I accepted him as a option early on.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    bondjames wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that Villeneuve is like a cross between Campbell and Mendes?
    I think there's a bit of Fincher in Villeneuve, but others may disagree. I also see a bit of Mann. Just darker overall.

Sounds good. I haven't seen his stuff, but I know Sicario got rave reviews. As long as they aren't too social commentary oriented like Mendes and Forster.

Three words for you:

SEE. SICARIO. NOW.

Del Torro (Dario in Licence to Kill), plays a different shade of 007 in this film.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 1,661
    Not really getting the Fassbender love. He looks as if he's hamming it up big style in X Men Apocalypse. And anyway, do we need a guy dressing up as a superhero playing Bond? Nah, find someone fresh. I'm not saying he's not got the acting chops for Bond but sheesh, can't we try and find someone remotely new for the role?
    @fanbond123, are you basing the entirety of Fassbender's demeanor and acting chops off of a mediocrely-rated comic book movie?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Mendes not coming back is no news really.

Secondly I'm amazed there are still people who didn't get it that Barbara Broccoli reigns the franchise.
    It was always her since 1996 and it will always be her. Really every major decision was made by her or forced through even against all opposition.

She will cast the new Bond and nothing will stop her if she has set up her mind.

That's what partly troubles me. She gambled big with Craig already, and luckily it paid off.
    When I hear names like Jamie Bell it makes me nervous. She will gamble again if she should have a liking for someone, no matter how not Bond he will be.

And no distributor will lose money on a gamble. BB will have to hand them a wish list. If she loves, loves, loves someone (like Craig), they'll ask to see proof (past films and, obviously, an audition). BB will still have to prove why the actor she so chooses will hit all the marks a distrib will need to make big bank on the film. Or, no deals.
    peter wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that Villeneuve is like a cross between Campbell and Mendes?
    I think there's a bit of Fincher in Villeneuve, but others may disagree. I also see a bit of Mann. Just darker overall.

Sounds good. I haven't seen his stuff, but I know Sicario got rave reviews. As long as they aren't too social commentary oriented like Mendes and Forster.

Three words for you:

SEE. SICARIO. NOW.

Del Torro (Dario in Licence to Kill), plays a different shade of 007 in this film.

Agreed. Brilliant film.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Majority of the actors who have been around since First Class looked bored in Apocolypse .
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @DisneyBond007 you're bringing nothing to the discussion with your offbeat and pointless comments.
    Some (including myself) might consider that trolling. Which is a ban worthy offence. I suggest you give it a rest.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Please read the first sentence of the lack of clarity of DC's future.... (this would be the closest thing to an official statement, i.e. there's nothing to see or hear):

http://deadline.com/2016/05/james-bond-sam-mendes-not-directing-1201764232/
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    peter wrote: »
    Please read the first sentence of the lack of clarity of DC's future.... (this would be the closest thing to an official statement, i.e. there's nothing to see or hear):

http://deadline.com/2016/05/james-bond-sam-mendes-not-directing-1201764232/

We'll why not we can had a new director for Bond 25? Which director do you want for the next Bond film.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Disney, I'm beginning to think you're flirting with me...
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 11,425
    Is it always like this when there's a new Bond? I suppose Brozz was universally loved when he took the role on. Craig had his share of doubters, and now Hiddle is also facing some resistance. If he gets it, he'll have to demonstrate his capabilities on screen, like Craig has done.

I was a big Dalton fan and didn't know anything about Brosnan but was happy Bond was back. However when I saw it I thought GE was awful. I still believe it's one of the four worst Bond films ever made.

Unlike some on here I never saw DAD as an aberration. It was the logical conclusion to Brosnan's era - an utterly abysmal film.

I was immensely happy when I heard Brosnan had been fired. And when they announced Craig was the new Bond I immediately knew that they were intending to go back to proper Bond, and I was proved right.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    No real Fassbender love from me, but heads and tails better (in my basic opinion so far) than Hiddleston. That's all. I'm not going to cry and pull out my hair, no matter what happens; I think the series will sustain its credibility fine. I still feel way too early to think any of these guys are major contenders. I don't get the interest in Hiddleston at all.
    The Night Manager didn't convince me he is right for Bond in the same way Layer Cake did for Craig.
    For me it's how he handled himself in the night manager he was calm cool and determined. When he was just a regular guy and when he was a spy he was calm and had no fear. I think it's very hard for an actor to handle that kind of controlled confidence 007 has (most actors are too grim and make it seem like nothing is fun or they are too hammy and over act it) like I said I could picture Hiddleston sitting across from a female Villain and having the audience and the villain unsure if he is going to kill her kiss her or simply order dessert. But this is me I am not casting if I was Ewan Mcgreggor would of been bond post Brosnan and I am pretty sure only me and Ewan's mother thinks he would be a good 007 lmao
    Mendes' comments now make me think Bell could be under consideration after all.

"totally unexpected"
    "totally miscast"
    "no way"
    "you're mad"

That describes Bell down to a tee.

Yeah very interesting comments there. I suspect Mendes knows just a little more about what's going on than anyone on here! It would seem to wipe the usual suspects like Hiddleston, Cavill, Hardy, Fassbender etc off the board. And can we now call bull on this supposed public meeting that happened with him, Babs, and Piddles?

BTW I forgot to mention Jamie Bell is the lead in the show Turn : Washington Spies, where he plays...a spy! I haven't watched it but I always see the ads on AMC. I wonder if Babs has seen it :)

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    You don't know how good it feels to officially have him departed from the series.

Lol yeah, it's a huge relief. Also, this likely means Newman won't be back too as an added bonus of joy.
    So we won't hear Skyfall part three the soundtrack in Sam Mendes' Shatterhand .... Oh darn
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Good news. Glad Mendes got booted from future installments in the series. If we're lucky enough... A whole new team with real creative minds are welcome!
    In this day and age of Twitter, FB and other social media a choice like Jamie Bell would create a shitstorm of gigantic proportions and possibly hurt the franchise even before the movie hits the screens.

Just like it did in 2006?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Mendes' departure definitely doesn't come as a shock since he guaranteed and confirmed that months ago, but having yet another confirmation makes it a little better.

It's relevant now because there was the story last week about Mendes, Barbara and Piddleston apparently having a meeting. So now it looks like that story was bull.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/28/sam-mendes-james-bond-is-not-a-democracy---the-next-actor-will-b/

Lol. THIS is the guy you all want?