No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    The upside to all this is, by the time Bond 25 hits the theaters Jamie Bell will be 38.
    It'll be Jamie Bell you'll see. Which is kind of amusing if they keep Fiennes as M.
    M will have to look down to talk to Bond :)) Q as well.
    Although he will have indeed aged by the time B25 hits theatres, sadly growth stops in one's teens for most people.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    If the news is true, there's a large part of me that is disappointed about Craig leaving, but another part that is optimistic as I know Hiddleston is capable of being a fantastic actor.
    jake24 wrote: »
    If the news is true, there's a large part of me that is disappointed about Craig leaving, but another part that is optimistic as I know Hiddleston is capable of being a fantastic actor.
    I couldn't agree more.

I fear without a fifth Craig film We may have a soft reboot. Similar to Dalton post Moore...

Personally I would love if Hiddleston is 007 a pts with him brutually and coldly murdering spectre's higher ups...

We will see I still have a 1% hope Craig returns.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Is this any different then when Moore didn't come back then came back, then didn't come back then came back?
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more.

I fear without a fifth Craig film We may have a soft reboot. Similar to Dalton post Moore...

Personally I would love if Hiddleston is 007 a pts with him brutually and coldly murdering spectre's higher ups...

We will see I still have a 1% hope Craig returns.

@Risico007 how would you define a 'soft reboot'? Sorry, it just seems to me that the term 'reboot' has only been with us for that last decade or so, in terms of cinema anyway.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    "Soft" reboot. Hiddleston.
    "Hard" reboot. Hardy.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Thunderfinger It's time for you to reboot your computer and rearrange your collection of Brosnan pictures.
    "Hard" reboot. Hardy.

I know that was meant as a slight against Tom Hiddleston (who may very will be our next James Bond) but I found it funny.

By soft I mean The loose ends in Spectre just aren't mentioned (bond resigning Blofeld Spectre Madeline Swann Q's Cats etc)

I just don't know if they would want to pull another OHMSS and have the new actor Carry on the previous actors "mission" if you will.

I could see at most waltz and Spectre returning and maybe a pts sequence where Hiddleston visits Swann's grave but indicating some time has past (similar to For Your Eyes Only) just a thought
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Why can't he pick up Craig's "mission"? It's still the same character, so it's possible.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That s very off topic. And how did you know?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Why can't he pick up Craig's "mission"? It's still the same character, so it's possible.
    If it's a new actor, I feel as if they're better off abandoning SPECTRE and Blofeld for the time being and starting off with a standalone story.
    If it's a new actor, I feel as if they're better off abandoning SPECTRE and Blofeld for the time being and starting off with a standalone story.

I agree 100% - not just that, but I'd prefer it. But, at the end of the day, it would still technically "work" if they went the route of continuing how SP ends with a new actor.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    "Hard" reboot. Hardy.

I know that was meant as a slight against Tom Hiddleston (who may very will be our next James Bond) but I found it funny.

By soft I mean The loose ends in Spectre just aren't mentioned (bond resigning Blofeld Spectre Madeline Swann Q's Cats etc)

I just don't know if they would want to pull another OHMSS and have the new actor Carry on the previous actors "mission" if you will.

I could see at most waltz and Spectre returning and maybe a pts sequence where Hiddleston visits Swann's grave but indicating some time has past (similar to For Your Eyes Only) just a thought

I guess the idea of Bond going to Madeline's grave some years latter is the best way to get out of that corner they got themselves into. I bet they didn't know they got stuck in something serialized with the whole Blofeld/ Bond relationship and Bond quitting the service for Madeline.

Ughh why I didn't see this as a big deal before till now that we are thinking of Bond 25. I think a reboot without an origin story is what's needed.

We keep the same Mi6 team ( Q MoneyPenny and M) but everything else changes.

That means we start with a whole neww cool pre tittles sequence not much related to the rest of the film and then opens with the new problem and right after that we get to see Bond with a girl and being called to his phone that he has to get to mi6 to recive his new mission and we go back to standalone missions.

That way is a reboot but without an origins story its just re startwith a new Bonf

True but didn't it feel odd with Lazenby and Connery in ohmss and diamonds are forever
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    2018 might just be possible, depending how advanced these "advanced" talks are. If that is the case, perhaps [-O< Campbell could return and completely the trilogy. I swear, if Campbell returns EON are forgiven for hiring Hiddleston, at least to me.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    True but didn't it feel odd with Lazenby and Connery in ohmss and diamonds are forever

It helps me to think that DAF is a Sequel to YOLT and a Prequel to OHMSS.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    While we waiting for the Bond 25 news, here's the news:http://s15.zetaboards.com/The_TV_Lounge_II/topic/8442729/1/#new

Precisely. It's not like Bond becomes a different character whenever a new actor takes on the role. It is still Ian Fleming's 007, dammit.

Not to me because I don't give a toss about continuity. To me, each Bond film is a stand-alone, even if it is intended to be a continuation of the previous film.

Precisely. It's not like Bond becomes a different character whenever a new actor takes on the role. It is still Ian Fleming's 007, dammit.

Yes but will audiences see it the same way? Especially in the era of hard reboots
    Getafix wrote: »

Yes but will audiences see it the same way? Especially in the era of hard reboots

I think hard reboots are on the way out. It was considered brave in the early 2000's, now its considered a lazy gimmick. Especially 'the gritty reboot'. I mean look at spider-man and fantastic four, just to name a few.
    Getafix wrote: »

Bond is the exception. If audiences haven't gotten that after 50+ years, then they never will.
    As much as I cherish what Craig did with Bond and would like him to continue, I would be very happy to see Fassbender or Hiddleston as Bond.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,432

The first thirty seconds is all you need to introduce a new Bond actor.
    I wonder if we'll get a little reveal trailer for Bond actor 007. That Brosnan one is so iconic, even now.
    I wonder if we'll get a little reveal trailer for Bond actor 007. That Brosnan one is so iconic, even now.
    Remember watching it on its release I was pumped after a six year break, great introduction to Brosnan.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    So it seems EoN is possibly interviewing several canfidates. Each one hitting the news.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 10,588
    While we waiting for the Bond 25 news, here's the news:http://s15.zetaboards.com/The_TV_Lounge_II/topic/8442729/1/#new
    At this point it's just pure spam. The glamour is wearing off.
    I think it is safe to assume that DC has departed the role. All the signs are there, and it's only a matter of time before it's officially announced IMO.
    This is possibly the worst news for me. Hiddleston is too effeminate and fey for the masculine and rugged Bond.

Me too. I have no idea what anyone sees in this mincing, twee twerp. Where's the machismo, the brute, the animal factor? Is this really a serious contender for the ultimate British cultural icon of masculinity? Be realistic, if this was 20 years ago, people would say he looks like a poof. Is any "Hiddles" (cringe) fan honest enough to admit he would be the least masculine actor to portray Bond?

However, I find it hard to believe they're talking to just one person about it. When have they ever done that? If they do get to the screen testing phase, I expect there will be several actors in the mix.