No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I would rather slash my commmunity friends wrists than see Jamie Bell as Bond.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Jamie Bell? Bloody 'ell. They keep getting smaller and smaller.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Seems like he's trying to occupy as much time as possible to not return to Bond. I think it's pretty much a given that he's finished. So unfortunate.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    bondjames wrote: »

He may have talked but... so did Turner and Hiddleston MAYBE!! ..no script ...hardly in development so what are we casting? Nothing. No money to sign a contract etc.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    mcdonbb wrote: »

He may have talked but... so did Turner and Hiddleston MAYBE!! ..no script ...hardly in development so what are we casting? Nothing. No money to sign a contract etc.
    That's true. I wonder if the initial discussions are to gauge interest, and see if they like each other. Perhaps discuss potential scheduling conflicts and decisions about other big franchises. Cavill for example probably wouldn't have taken Superman if he knew he had a high probability shot at Bond soon.

I have a feeling that when all this studio stuff gets finalized, things will move very fast.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    BB has opened the Pandora's Box in casting a short blonde Bond.
    Why not a twink next like Jack OConnell or a babyface like Jamie Bell.
    Who the hell knows who BB has the hots for this time. Maybe she needs a toyboy.
    I fear the worst.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Phew... :-$
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Do you think she has her eye on you ?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    mcdonbb wrote: »

That's true. I wonder if the initial discussions are to gauge interest, and see if they like each other. Perhaps discuss potential scheduling conflicts and decisions about other big franchises. Cavill for example probably wouldn't have taken Superman if he knew he had a high probability shot at Bond soon.

I have a feeling that when all this studio stuff gets finalized, things will move very fast.

Yes I can see that.
    When is that new Steven Soderbergh movie suppose to start filming?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    When is that new Steven Soderbergh movie suppose to start filming?

According to the article, The film is scheduled for a fall start date, which puts further into question the actor’s willingness to return to the Bond franchise for MGM. Pre-production on Logan Lucky starts this weekend at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coca-Cola 600.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If he gets the role, are people still optimistic about Craig's return?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 2,498
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    If he gets the role, are people still optimistic about Craig's return?

It might only be a small role. I think it's more concerning that the article says 'Purity' could potentially be 20 episodes over 2 seasons. Unless they film all 20 episodes at once, and split the release.

edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Craig's certainly more active career wise now than he was after SF. Surprisingly so for a person who said he needed rest in interviews at the end of last year. It seems to suggest he's moved on, I believe.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Please not Jack O'Connel or Jamie Bell, definitely not Bond material.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Clearly Bond 25 isn't getting off the ground for a long while, so I'm not surprised that Dan is taking roles here and there to keep himself busy while EON get things in order. I think the real hold back here is MGM, and in their determination to keep Bond on a three to four year cycle, things are only slowing more. This distribution chaos is just another obstacle in the path of the production.
    I have to say, that was a close shave! :-$
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Personally, the only thing that could entice DC back is just give him a simple formula to work with. No more 2.5 hour Bond films. No more 9+ month shooting schedules. No more elaborate stunts or set pieces. He did his OTT film with SP. Don't be stupid and try to up the ante. The only issue is that is what the general public want now in their films.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited May 2016 Posts: 9,020
    @Creasy47
    Don't know about "people" but I am not optimistic. I think with all the real news about Craig's future and the news we can't be sure of how much is true and the uncertain situation with EON/MGM it's fair to say that Craig probably won't return.

Personally I would find it even kind of strange if suddenly it would be announced that Bond 25 starring Daniel Craig would be in the works for a release in 2018. It just doesn't sound like a realistic scenario anymore.

Again, personally, I don't want Craig back for a release in 2019. Four years is too much if it's the same actor. It happened once and it should never happen again.

Needless to say that if EON actually knows Craig doesn't return, that they should be looking for a new actor day and night and already pre-plan the next movie. But then it's BB, who knows what that woman is up to.
    Well if it's a Nov 2018 release date then Craig would have to be free by dec 2017 maybe January 2018 the latest for Bond 25.

When does he start filming that tv series?
    Personally, the only thing that could entice DC back is just give him a simple formula to work with. No more 2.5 hour Bond films. No more 9+ month shooting schedules. No more elaborate stunts or set pieces. He did his OTT film with SP. Don't be stupid and try to up the ante. The only issue is that is what the general public want now in their films.

And what if the general public wants an OTT film with elaborate stunts and set pieces?

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I definitely think most here want to see a more stripped down Bond next, with action more clever and interesting than loud and big bang. As we've seen, so much money gets burnt during some of these larger action scenes that doing the kinds of sequences we saw in SP again, some of which didn't really hit, just isn't a smart move.

So many budget issues could be fixed if the kind of frivolous spending we saw over the action in SP were curbed, and instead, they relied on more interesting uses of action. Instead of big explosions and smashing sports cars, how about some fluid, visceral fights in the vain of the CR PTS bathroom fight or the Slate vs Bond fight in QoS? Action that's simple and straightforward that hits hard without burning a hole in the coffers. It would cause EON to think outside the box instead of repeating past approaches, and as some have said, risks usually pay off for them.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Even with this race heist movie. Filming starts this fall, which more than likely will mean a summer/fall release of 2017. B25 could start its production in early January of 2018 and still have that three year release gap. I wouldn't read too much into the fact that since DC is going to do a movie this fall that it rules out any return to Bond. He's entitled to do whatever he wants. I mean we can't expect him to only do Bond films, then speculate his return to the franchise based on him working another film. Perhaps this shoot is only 3-4 months.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Well if it's a Nov 2018 release date then Craig would have to be free by dec 2017 maybe January 2018 the latest for Bond 25.

When does he start filming that tv series?

It hasn't been picked up by any network or streaming service yet.

@Creasy47
    Don't know about "people" but I am not optimistic. I think with all the real news about Craig's future and the news we can't be sure of how much is true and the uncertain situation with EON/MGM it's fair to say that Craig probably won't return.

Personally I would find it even kind of strange if suddenly it would be announced that Bond 25 starring Daniel Craig would be in the works for a release in 2018. It just doesn't sound like a realistic scenario anymore.

Again, personally, I don't want Craig back for a release in 2019. Four years is too much if it's the same actor. It happened once and it should never happen again.

Needless to say that if EON actually knows Craig doesn't return, that they should be looking for a new actor day and night and already pre-plan the next movie. But then it's BB, who knows what that woman is up to.

1007% absolutely nailed it. Bang on. Finally this thinking is catching on. Well done! =D>
    @Creasy47

1007% absolutely nailed it. Bang on. Finally this thinking is catching on. Well done! =D>
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,444

And what if the general public wants an OTT film with elaborate stunts and set pieces?

Then don't expect a 900+ million box office return.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I didn't say there was any reason for news. What I'm saying is that there is little we can rely on happening at the moment. Actually think about it. We don't know who will produce B25 (MGW may not be well enough), we don't know who will star, we don't know who will write, director etc. We don't even know who will distribute the f#cking thing.

When was the last time that the franchise was like this, when we couldn't at least assume certain things, like Craig would return and Sony would produce, P&W would write etc.? This isn't just the normal dip that we see between Bonds. I'm quite amazed by the fact that no one seems to have figured this out yet. From the looks of things, people still seem to be assuming that a new Bond film will just materialise out of thin air in 2 and a half years. That just plain isn't going to happen.

Just be thankful that you weren't around between 1989's Licence To Kill and the release of GoldenEye in 1995, six years later.
    And this was before the internet, so no discussions were going on. You just had to wait, with the occasional snippet of info in Empire regarding the next Bond film.
    Those were the days.

>:)
    Benny wrote: »
    I didn't say there was any reason for news. What I'm saying is that there is little we can rely on happening at the moment. Actually think about it. We don't know who will produce B25 (MGW may not be well enough), we don't know who will star, we don't know who will write, director etc. We don't even know who will distribute the f#cking thing.

When was the last time that the franchise was like this, when we couldn't at least assume certain things, like Craig would return and Sony would produce, P&W would write etc.? This isn't just the normal dip that we see between Bonds. I'm quite amazed by the fact that no one seems to have figured this out yet. From the looks of things, people still seem to be assuming that a new Bond film will just materialise out of thin air in 2 and a half years. That just plain isn't going to happen.

Just be thankful that you weren't around between 1989's Licence To Kill and the release of GoldenEye in 1995, six years later.
    And this was before the internet, so no discussions were going on. You just had to wait, with the occasional snippet of info in Empire regarding the next Bond film.
    Those were the days.

>:)

How do you know I wasn't around, eh?

I definitely think most here want to see a more stripped down Bond next, with action more clever and interesting than loud and big bang. As we've seen, so much money gets burnt during some of these larger action scenes that doing the kinds of sequences we saw in SP again, some of which didn't really hit, just isn't a smart move.

So many budget issues could be fixed if the kind of frivolous spending we saw over the action in SP were curbed, and instead, they relied on more interesting uses of action. Instead of big explosions and smashing sports cars, how about some fluid, visceral fights in the vain of the CR PTS bathroom fight or the Slate vs Bond fight in QoS? Action that's simple and straightforward that hits hard without burning a hole in the coffers. It would cause EON to think outside the box instead of repeating past approaches, and as some have said, risks usually pay off for them.

We've even seen that DC has said that was the most gruelling shoot he has ever done. (Something along those lines) Even if they want to continue the Blofeld story arc, they can do it without going OTT.