Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

Isaacs would have been terrific.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    dalton wrote: »
    Isaacs would have been terrific.
    60316215.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'm another who thought he would have made a great Bond. :)
    Definitely better then those other choices. Hiddles totally meh for me, turner, a bit better but not much. Issacs looks good. But too old, I guess.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Definitely better then those other choices. Hiddles totally meh for me, turner, a bit better but not much. Issacs looks good. But too old, I guess.
    Yes, he's too old. Sadly. Otherwise, he still looks the part. The rugged handsome kind of Middle-Class elegant gentleman. Did I just describe James Bond?
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,601
    He certainly looks like a man as does DC, which I miss on those others. Hiddles has no special look and Turner is an between, neither this nor that really.
    Hiddleston looks more like a waiter than James Bond. Fassbender though would be more believable as a rugged secret agent, and he has shown in the past that he can act.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    He certainly looks like a man as does DC, which I miss on those others. Hiddles has no special look and Turner is an between, neither this nor that really.
    Agreed.
    peter wrote: »

I'm not an enthusiastic supporter of Aidan Turner, but of all the choices we are given, he's the best one in the open.

aidan-turner.jpg
    The one above is convincing for me enough to get him on board for the role.

+1 He has that Dalton looks that makes me like him right away as the fact he didn't make more than two movies is the worst "disapointment" as a Bond fan. Dalton was James Bond, even more than Connery. He understood the character like no one else before him.
    I loved 'The Night Manager', but I'm not convinced Hiddleston is Bond material! I would back Fassbender, I think he would give us something fresh and interesting, but he doesn't appear to be on the medias radar now that Hiddles and Turner are everywhere!
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited May 2016 Posts: 1,130
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    I loved 'The Night Manager', but I'm not convinced Hiddleston is Bond material! I would back Fassbender, I think he would give us something fresh and interesting, but he doesn't appear to be on the medias radar now that Hiddles and Turner are everywhere!

And one more thing against Fassbender is that he is an oscar nominee the furthest they'd go casting a famous actor is a tv star someone who is not well known at all by movie fans.
    That's why i think Tom Hidleston should be out of the competition.

Being loki in the avengers should completely desquilfy him.

Tom's Fame profile is a little too big for Bond. Non Bond actor before has been in a high profile film before they made Bond, yes Pierce made Mrs daghtfire but it doesn't count because no one noticed him in that film before Goldeneye.

The Bond actor doesn't have to be Craig unknown before playing Bond but the limit of fame is being huge tv stars because not everyone is aware of tv stars. As crazy as it sounds not everyone has the patience to follow a tv series and yes Netflix exists but still prefer look for a movie so being a tv star before Bond is still under the allowed territory.

I guess the only on the on going lists who qualifies is Aidan Turner and so you won't say im baissed of not casting Hidleston so my guy( Henry Cavil) could get in is that non of my prospects fits the bill either.

I insist to qualify fame wise the most famous they can be is being in a popular tv series. No single feature film liked by critics at least not doing a big supporting role the most they can do is a very low profile part that goes unnoticed like Craig in Elizabeth or his small part in Munich.

IMO Fassbender is out there and won't be Bond, but he is not all that popular or on the radar much. This wouldn't speak against him. Whoreally knows, he had an Oscar nod. Not many, I am sur. He isn't one to love the limelight and melk it like crazy. In that respect, he is a lot like DC. Do the work and turn around.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 1,661
    How about... Archer as the next Bond? Perhaps Eon can pay the tv network enough cash to get him out of his contract. Might have to work on his English accent, though.

archer-logo-600x600.jpg?itok=cM24eDUF
    "Archer is an American adult animated comedy television series, created by Adam Reed for the FX network.
    In a recent interview with AdWeek gearing up for the Season 6 premiere, Reed spoke about how the vice-embracing Archer came about, and it all started with a stack of unread Ian Fleming paperbacks sitting on a shelf.

James Bond, in the books, is just a bad person. Obviously he drinks too much. He’s sort of a cold-blooded assassin and there’s plenty of racism. But there’s more than one occasion where Bond just rapes these women but in a ‘romantic’ way where you can practically hear the violins swell. I mean, Fleming writes stuff like ‘Bond twisted her arm behind her back and took his reward.’ And I’m like, ‘Holy sh*t. James Bond?’ Like things you would never imagine Roger Moore doing.”

;)
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,423
    lefraik wrote: »
    I'm not an enthusiastic supporter of Aidan Turner, but of all the choices we are given, he's the best one in the open.

aidan-turner.jpg

+1 He has that Dalton looks that makes me like him right away as the fact he didn't make more than two movies is the worst "disapointment" as a Bond fan. Dalton was James Bond, even more than Connery. He understood the character like no one else before him.

I do agree to an extent, but I don't remember posting that. ;)
    Fassbender would be the safe bet, he's popular, plus he's an ideal Bond candidate. He's also incredibly productive, knocks out movies like there's no tomorrow. He gets on with everyone, he's not a prima donna, and if he was a decade younger he'd be a shoo-in. That said, he's incredibly busy. It really comes down to how the studio and Eon see the future of the franchise: if they feel they want to take another gamble or if the studio is risk-averse and wants a hot property taking the lead role. In the current climate it's easy to say that the studios are now risk-averse; you only have to take a look at all the YA movies that ape those dreadful Hunger Game movies, or Marvel superheroes, to see that, and with plenty more to come. If they went with Fassbender, I'm pretty comfortable in saying that the next Bond movie would be huge in box office takings. Though, maybe the studio and Eon would want to build the next Bond actor up slowly, and not hit the ground running with a safe bet?

If it was between Fassbender vs Hiddleston, I'd go Fassbender. If it was between Hiddleston vs Turner, I'd go Turner. I think both these Irish lads would be good in the role for different reasons. My other outside choice would be Dan Stevens, though he doesn't seem to get much mention around here anymore.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    bondsum wrote: »
    My other outside choice would be Dan Stevens, though he doesn't seem to get much mention around here anymore.

Same here, but last thing i heard was that he will star in a Marvel TV series which is coming up, so he will be busy for a while.

aidan-turner.jpg

A quote in a quote must have lead to a misquote :) but as long as you agree with my answer, no arm :=)

Yes, I read that too, @00Agent. It appears now that Bond's biggest threat isn't SMERSH or SPECTRE, but Disney/Marvel. Pretty much any available and suitable rugged, handsome actor out there is going to get snapped up for a future superhero franchise before Eon come knocking. That's why Turner edges it for me, and also I think he's a good choice.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 5,185
    @bondsum and Turner is probably next on their list
    I agree, @00Agent. That might be the reason why Turner flew out to LA for a meeting, and not for the Bond gig interview, which would have happened in London anyway. So you think there's a possibility I'm on their list, too? :))
    edited May 2016 Posts: 5,185
    @bondsum are you british? probably a yes then :D
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,423

aidan-turner.jpg

A quote in a quote must have lead to a misquote :) but as long as you agree with my answer, no arm :=)
    Cheers! :D 0315.png
    00Agent wrote: »
    @bondsum are you british? probably a yes then :D
    I am indeed, @00Agent :) I'm looking forward to their call, so long as Marvel doesn't pip them.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Bale would have been the best choice for me (10 years ago). Craig was a suitable 2nd option.

A similar actor (quality wise) who I would back in a heartbeat would be, as others have said, Fassbender. There is nobody quite like him out there at the moment.

He won't get it though, so my 2nd choice is Hiddle. The first episode of The Night Manager in particular is when he sold it convincingly to me. Those early scenes in the Cairo hotel.
    Yahoo website has a list of 26 actors worth considering. The item is dated Feb 2016 so it's before the recent rumour about Craig telling Eon to flush the 100 million dollars offer down the loo...

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/128180170746/26-actors-who-could-be-the-next-james-bond

(weird how so many of them have beards! I guess it's compulsory for all actors to grow beards. Probably some legal requirement) :P

James Norton - the last name on the list - he could be on Eon's radar.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yahoo's list is almost as awful as the one that SlashFilm posted yesterday: one of their recommendations for the next Bond? Rosamund Pike.
    Fassbender would be the safe bet, he's popular, plus he's an ideal Bond candidate. He's also incredibly productive, knocks out movies like there's no tomorrow. He gets on with everyone, he's not a prima donna, and if he was a decade younger he'd be a shoo-in. That said, he's incredibly busy. It really comes down to how the studio and Eon see the future of the franchise: if they feel they want to take another gamble or if the studio is risk-averse and wants a hot property taking the lead role. In the current climate it's easy to say that the studios are now risk-averse; you only have to take a look at all the YA movies that ape those dreadful Hunger Game movies, or Marvel superheroes, to see that, and with plenty more to come. If they went with Fassbender, I'm pretty comfortable in saying that the next Bond movie would be huge in box office takings. Though, maybe the studio and Eon would want to build the next Bond actor up slowly, and not hit the ground running with a safe bet?

I don't think Fassbender ever had a chance to play 007. There's a strong rumour/claim he beat up his ex-girlfriend. It's online if you want to know more. If that is true I can't imagine B Broccoli wanting him. B Broccoli was seriously assaulted when younger.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Some real jokers on that list. They lost me at Sam Worthington. I think Jack Huston could be an interesting pick. I must say also that Dan Stevens looks particularly malnourished in the photo in that link.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Huston caught my eye as well. I know not all agree and I respect the reasons why but I still like Hardy. Too short and brutish I know.

Child 44 won me over though.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited May 2016 Posts: 11,139
    You guys will have heart attacks if you go on the msn home page. We now have Sadiq Khan chiming in about how the next Bond should ne a woman!!!!