Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    lefraik wrote: »
    but still have issue...with his smile he just looks idiot when smiling :)

Yeah.
    I have a feeling that this is where the Roger & soft comparisons come from. Try to look beyond that. He doesn't do it all that often in the Night Manager and I'm sure he can control that if he wants and has to.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    You want a hard man ? Just get Jason Statham to do it ! :D
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,423
    You want a hard man ? Just get Jason Statham to do it ! :D
    " 'Ayll 'ave er.. vo'ka martineh. Shyken, no' s'irred!"

tumblr_le1261pD5y1qbpb38o1_500.jpg
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    With all due respect to Hiddleston and his supporters, he has the acting skill but he doesn't have the face of a killer.

Craig has never looked like Bond but he does look believable as an assassin.

Hiddleston is very handsome and talented. Just not physically believable.

Agreed. Hiddleston doesn't have the face of a killer. That's the primary thing that's holding me back from seeing him as Bond. Turner, on the other hand, has.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I don't think either look like "the blunt instrument" that Craig is.

If Craig doesn't come back (I sincerely hope that is NOT the case), then I pray they cast their net far wider than Hiddles and Turner.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I figured after all the negativity surrounding Craig's casting that people would be willing to give the next actor's first movie a go before judging so harshly. Craig didn't look like he had the face of a killer back in 2005, either, and look at what we got from him since.

Again, watch us have dozens of pages discussing the same five or six actors, and they end up casting someone that nobody expected at all.
    Folks, with respect, neither Lazenby, Moore or Brosnan have the face of killlers either. Moore had the eyebrow and Brosnan had other faces he put on. Lazenby wasn't known for expressive facial movements either.

All gave at least one excellent performance, so all hope is not lost here.

Let's not judge a man by his face.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Again, watch us have dozens of pages discussing the same five or six actors, and they end up casting someone that nobody expected at all.

That is the nature of speculation, I'm afraid.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @bondjames, agreed, so I'm confused as to why this is a staple of the character people are searching so sincerely for; when I look at the face of Brosnan or Moore, the last thing I think is "that is one cold assassin."
  • peterpeter Toronto
    the blunt instrument phrase is more of a personality trait: Connery, Lazenby (to a degree) and Craig have it.

Moore, Brozzy didn't.

(and I found Dalton too stagey to believe him as a cold assassin; he was far too busy growling his lines and being "angry" all the time)
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    David Tennant
    Michael Fassbender
    Cillian Murphy
    I can answer that easily. Hiddleston unlike Craig or Moore or Brosnan looks puzzled not commanding. Handsome guy but his facial features don't sell me on the part.

Craig big ears and bad hair still looked like it would be better to be on his good side ..

That's just my opinion. Do I think Hiddleston could do it? Yes, absolutely.

mcdonbb wrote: »
    Hiddleston unlike Craig or Moore or Brosnan looks puzzled not commanding.
    I have noticed the puzzled look too. He's a good actor though, and I'm sure he can do 'threatening' if he wants to. It will be in a different way to Craig (as it should be), but I'm sure he can deliver it.
    peter wrote: »
    the blunt instrument phrase is more of a personality trait: Connery, Lazenby (to a degree) and Craig have it.

Moore, Brozzy didn't.

(and I found Dalton too stagey to believe him as a cold assassin; he was far too busy growling his lines and being "angry" all the time)
    Moore did. Dalton did. Brosnan did. All the Bonds had killer looks. Dalton the most. He had the death stare none of the Bonds did.

A few examples:
    Moore
    Dalton
    Brosnan

Hiddleston, however, doesn't. He looks like a happy-go-lucky schoolboy. He always has. Sure, he's a fascinating actor and all that, but there isn't a thuggish feature about him, which all the Bonds had in their respective tenures.

I'm not an enthusiastic supporter of Aidan Turner, but of all the choices we are given, he's the best one in the open.

aidan-turner.jpg
    The one above is convincing for me enough to get him on board for the role.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,113

Moore, Brozzy didn't.

Moore did. Dalton did. Brosnan did. All the Bonds had killer looks. Dalton the most. He had the death stare none of the Bonds did.

A few examples:
    Moore
    Dalton
    Brosnan

Hiddleston, however, doesn't. He looks like a happy-go-lucky schoolboy. He always has. Sure, he's a fascinating actor and all that, but there isn't a thuggish feature about him, which all the Bonds had in their respective tenures.

I'm not an enthusiastic supporter of Aidan Turner, but of all the choices we are given, he's the best one in the open.

aidan-turner.jpg

I agree 100% =D>

That's a great picture of Aidan, the man was born to be Bond. Very Daltonesque there.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Moore, Brozzy didn't.

A few examples:
    Moore
    Dalton
    Brosnan

aidan-turner.jpg

Sorry, I loved Rog, but he was not threatening, not the blunt instrument, he was jolly good time Rog, and I enjoyed him while I was growing up.

Brosnan came across as smug, not threatening.

And, sorry, Dalton was Dalton: stagey IMO.
    I agree that Moore and Brosnan didn't act like blunt instruments. And that is true about Brosnan acting like a smug, as much as he hated it. But, that doesn't mean he didn't have the killer look. Moore did, as well. So did Dalton.

As for Dalton's performance, that is also true being very stagey and Shakespearean. But, he did sound and look threatening when he was sent on the edge. One death stare from Dalton would've killed everyone in the room, had he incorporated his act in the same vein as his stare.
    I agree that Moore and Brosnan didn't act like blunt instruments. And that is true about Brosnan acting like a smug, as much as he hated it. But, that doesn't mean he didn't have the killer look. Moore did, as well. So did Dalton.

As for Dalton's performance, that is also true being very stagey and Shakespearean. But, he did sound and look threatening when he was sent on the edge. One death stare from Dalton would've killed everyone in the room, had he incorporated his act in the same vein as his stare.

Agree. Again, Dalton's Bond deserved way better films than he got IMO.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,113
    Dalton was a great Bond and his films were great. 8->
    Dalton was a great Bond and his films were great. 8->
    Yep! Yep! Yep! Yepyepyepyep! (in Kreiger's voice)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    THIS MAN SHOULD AND COULD AND HOPEFULLY WILL BE THE BOND ACTOR IN BOND 25
    full.jpg
  • peterpeter Toronto
    THIS MAN SHOULD AND COULD AND HOPEFULLY WILL BE THE BOND ACTOR IN BOND 25
    full.jpg

My thoughts exactly, my good man. My thoughts, exactly...!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I just don t see Dalton in Turner, sorry. The closest to him would be Jason Isaacs.

Of all the names constantly mentioned here for the next film, I think my preferences are

1 Daniel Craig
    2 Michael Fassbender
    3 Tom Hiddleston

But I am sure there are other good candidates out there that never get a mention.
    Isaacs would totally be Fleming's Bond.
    Turner is the most Fleming option out there, at least from what I've seen. He and Dalton look very similar, so that is an added bonus. He's also the right age, and not too famous that he will overshadow the role. Basically he is the ideal candidate and EON would be mad not to snap him up.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I hope you can live with the disappointment, if he doesn't get it. ;)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

M:007, I require your walther.

Bond:...Sir?

giphy.gif

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Haha!
    doubleoego wrote: »

M:007, I require your walther.

Bond:...Sir?

giphy.gif
    Bond: If he fires me I'll thank him for it!

l0K4nbiyzNGKSzskM.gif