Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I agree with all of them, except the last. Hiddleston isn't even a good actor.
    Ouch.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,116
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Daily Express:
    Double Oh No: 7 reasons Tom Hiddleston should NOT replace Daniel Craig as Bond

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/671853/Tom-Hiddleston-should-not-replace-Daniel-Craig-James-Bond-007

:D

From the photo at the bottom Hiddleston and Turner have almost the same physic. Hiddleston is a fine actor.

Physically he's fine for the part but they could always have chest shot in the film to prove it.

Hardy or Hiddleston for me. I like Hutson too but he's looks don't have that hard edged chiseled look the more I see of him.

Those three are fine actors in my book and can generate enough presence.
    I must admit Express' idea of letting Hiddleston play the villain seems quite intriguing. Much more than having him as the next Bond undoubtedly...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    On that note, I think Craig would have made an excellent Red Grant, for what it's worth. That was discussed on another thread.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,690
    A fight between Connery and Craig, a mix of Connery vs Shaw and Bond vs Slate? That would be very exciting to see.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Daily Express:

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/671853/Tom-Hiddleston-should-not-replace-Daniel-Craig-James-Bond-007

I don't want Hidleston at all but I don't agree with all the reasons.

They are stuck with choosing a gritty Bond and they say a Bond like the one showed before 9/11 wouldn't work now.

Though i agree that he is too famous for Bonf

• peterpeter Toronto
    With all respect to Bondjames, I wouldn't want to see Hiddles as 007... But this article is rubbish on all kinds of levels
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited May 2016 Posts: 5,131
    Daily Express:

Terrible article by a journalist who's clearly never read Fleming or seen the films!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Agreed @Suavejmf a bit of filler by someone with no knowledge of the Bond
    books or films. :(
    :D Yes, I have to keep correcting my predictive text, as it always puts
    Huddleston. It has slipped past me a couple of times as @tanaka123
    Knows. ;)
    I was thinking if I was a young actor at the moment, I'd be getting my agent to
    Release a few stories about how I was in the running for 007. :D it all helps.
    When I read an interview with some old actor, it's always funny to read how they
    We're approached to play Bond. I think any actor who was at an event with Cubby
    Thinks this was my audition, so sticks it in their memoirs. :)
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 1,661
    A new name to add to the list - Jamie Bell!

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/next-james-bond-jamie-bell-latest-surprise-contender-to-be-touted-a7047726.html
    The Sun is now claiming Jamie Bell has spoken to Bond producers about the possibility of taking over from Craig; with executive producer Barbara Broccoli impressed by the actor's work in the upcoming Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool. "Barbara has been a fan of Jamie for a long time and has even thought about him playing another role in the franchise before," a source stated.

Not sure he is that tall? According to one link I saw online he is 5' 7". Not quite the right height for Bond, perhaps! :D Someone give him high heels to wear. Anyway, it's from The Sun so you never know if it's true.
  • RC7RC7
    We can also add, Peter Dinklage, to the list.

dinklage%20james%20bond460.jpg
    Sexy. Suave. Short!

Yep, that's a catchy tagline. ;))
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    To be fair he already has a bathroom kill to his name.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    A new name to add to the list - Jamie Bell!

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/next-james-bond-jamie-bell-latest-surprise-contender-to-be-touted-a7047726.html
    The Sun is now claiming Jamie Bell has spoken to Bond producers about the possibility of taking over from Craig; with executive producer Barbara Broccoli impressed by the actor's work in the upcoming Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool. "Barbara has been a fan of Jamie for a long time and has even thought about him playing another role in the franchise before," a source stated.

Not sure he is that tall? According to one link I saw online he is 5' 7". Not quite the right height for Bond, perhaps! :D Someone give him high heels to wear. Anyway, it's from The Sun so you know it's not true.
    corrected your typo
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited May 2016 Posts: 1,756
    Still a fan of Rupert Friend. I know Hitman didn't do well, but he's got the acting chops and looks imo.

Homeland_212_0302.jpg
    homeland-gerontion-rupert-friend.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Still a fan of Rupert Friend. I know Hitman didn't do well, but he's got the acting chops and looks imo.
    homeland-gerontion-rupert-friend.jpg
    He's wearing The November Man suit here.
    week1809_02.jpg
  • GideonBondGideonBond MI20 HQ - Netherlands
    edited May 2016 Posts: 75
    All my money and my house, hell even the clothes on my back on, none other than, Aidan Turner. The man was born for the part. He has all the right ingredients; from his charm, wit, to his voice, 'dark, cruel good looks', acting chops and then some. Classic Bond incoming.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

tumblr_o7l5g8rM4b1ud3e6vo1_400.gif

2FA18A1500000578-0-image-m-14_1451232737912.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited May 2016 Posts: 11,139
    That dinner suit is wearing him unfortunately.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    That dinner suit is wearing him unfortunately.

Have to say I disagree
    tumblr_nzztsxmhwb1rrhhnko1_500.gif

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    GideonBond wrote: »
    All my money and my house, hell even the clothes on my back on, none other than, Aidan Turner. The man was born for the part. He has all the right ingredients; from his charm, wit, to his voice, 'dark, cruel good looks', acting chops and then some. Classic Bond incoming.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

tumblr_o7l5g8rM4b1ud3e6vo1_400.gif

2FA18A1500000578-0-image-m-14_1451232737912.jpg

Just phenomenal. Couldn't have put it better myself.

=D>

=D>

Mendes it's no secret you and I are on exactly the same page ;)
  • RC7RC7
    edited May 2016 Posts: 10,512

=D>

Or exactly the same computer.
    RC7 wrote: »

=D>

Believe it or not but there are others out there apart from Mendes who know Aidan Turner is the way forward. Truly.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 4,325

=D>

Believe it or not but there are others out there apart from Mendes who know Aidan Turner is the way forward. Truly.

Everyone knows that a PB return is the way all this about other actors meeting with the producers is just smoke and mirrors - Brozza is coming back with his pain face ... imagine if it was true ...
    tanaka123 wrote: »

=D>

Everyone knows that a PB return is the way all this about other actors meeting with the producers is just smoke and mirrors - Brozza is coming back with his pain face ... imagine if it was true ...

Haha, that would be something wouldn't it. I like Pierce, but he's had his run. Time for some fresh blood in a classical style, I'd say.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Brozzer is a cool Bond. Deal with it. ;)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Brozzer is a cool Bond. Deal with it. ;)

....and put Bond back on the map especially in NA.

And yes I wonder why Rubert Friend hasn't gotten more attention? Can he act? Nice modern rugged enough look.