Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Even though they butchered the IP with Hitman: Agent 47, I did appreciate Friend as the titular character. He did play a good 47.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Even though they butchered the IP with Hitman: Agent 47, I did appreciate Friend as the titular character. He did play a good 47.

Ok good. I haven't seen Hitman yet. He's from Oxford. I have cousins in Oxford.
  • RC7RC7
    edited May 2016 Posts: 10,512
    Friend is impressive in Homeland. Not sure if he's Bond, but I'd have him as an ally. He'd make a decent 009, or a replacement Leiter (tint his hair blonde).
    RC7 wrote: »
    Friend is impressive in Homeland. Not sure if he's Bond, but I'd have him as an ally. He'd make a decent 009, or a replacement Leiter (tint his hair blonde).

I don't know that much about him to really say.
    Brozzer is a cool Bond. Deal with it. ;)

He was indeed.
    Here's a video with two dunderheads talking about the next Bond

Can't say I agree with a lot of what is said, but they do mention some interesting names. One that stood out for me was David Ajala. He was great in the role he had in 'Starred Up'. He reminds me of a young Idris.

20_DavidAjala_SS_MG_0191.jpg

If they can't get Tom Hardy, I think a Jack O'Connell would make the perfect Bond for a reboot:

Jack-OConnell-2016-Photo-Shoot-Mr-Porter-004-800x450.jpeg

The guy's got edge.

Another contender who may be a little below the radar currently is Joe Cole, he's got a lot of swagger if anyone has seen Peaky Blinders.

tumblr_mhk9zwfWpc1ro2zneo1_1280.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Cole is great in 'Peaky Blinders,' but I don't think he'd make the best Bond. Every time I see a picture of Jack O'Connell, I immediately think it's a young Ethan Hawke.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited May 2016 Posts: 45,489
    First time I think you are bonkers.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Here's a video with two dunderheads talking about the next Bond

Can't say I agree with a lot of what is said, but they do mention some interesting names. One that stood out for me was David Ajala. He was great in the role he had in 'Starred Up'. He reminds me of a young Idris.

20_DavidAjala_SS_MG_0191.jpg

If they can't get Tom Hardy, I think a Jack O'Connell would make the perfect Bond for a reboot:

Jack-OConnell-2016-Photo-Shoot-Mr-Porter-004-800x450.jpeg

The guy's got edge.

Another contender who may be a little below the radar currently is Joe Cole, he's got a lot of swagger if anyone has seen Peaky Blinders.

tumblr_mhk9zwfWpc1ro2zneo1_1280.jpg

Hey the guy wearing the hat (in the video) was the guy in that SP review who looked giddy as he slated the film. He seemed to take great pleasure in trashing SP upon release.

• GideonBondGideonBond MI20 HQ - Netherlands
    Wow, no offense, but those are three horrible picks.
    Poor Sonny ...he's probably just hanging out with his sister in Utah with no clue we're talking about him.
    Still a fan of Rupert Friend. I know Hitman didn't do well, but he's got the acting chops and looks imo.

Great to see another fan of Friend here.

Hopefully Debbie McWilliams is still involved with casting Bond this time around. If so, he might have a shot.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 2,081
    I don't think I've seen Friend in anything. Ajala I have seen, apparently... for a few seconds multiple times, at least. :P O'Connell I've only seen - apparently - in Eden Lake, which was awful, and I don't remember him, but looking at what he will be in this year I just might see more of him. But what, he's 25? Geez. And Cole, well, he's fine in the small part he has in Peaky Blinders, but Bond? Hell no.
    mcdonbb wrote: »

....and put Bond back on the map especially in NA.

And yes I wonder why Rubert Friend hasn't gotten more attention? Can he act? Nice modern rugged enough look.

He looks like a weasel.
    I'm a fan of Jack O Conell, the guy oozes screen presence and charisma, but my first thought was he's too young. Needs a couple more years to mature. But then I realized that we're looking at 2018 or 2019 at the earliest for Bond 25. And if Craig returns (I think it's unlikely but you never know) it'll be double that amount of time before the next actor is cast. So yeah that could work out nicely actually.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I voted for Jack O'Connell in @BondJasonBond006's thread. Although I must say I only saw him in the recent 'Money Monster' film, where he gave Clooney a run for his money in terms of charisma. But I do have other films of him in my Blu Ray collection - Unbroken, Starred Up and `71, all of which I've never given the chance to watch yet but after his fantastic performance in Money Monster I'll watch these soon enough to get a clearer picture.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    full.jpg

He sure has charisma and is smoking hot. Watched SKINS probably only because of him :))

but seriously, he is way too young.
  • GideonBondGideonBond MI20 HQ - Netherlands
    full.jpg

He sure has charisma and is smoking hot. Watched SKINS probably only because of him :))

but seriously, he is way too young.

Good thing Bond isn't a twink...

edited May 2016 Posts: 4,116
    dinovelvet wrote: »

And yes I wonder why Rubert Friend hasn't gotten more attention? Can he act? Nice modern rugged enough look.

He looks like a weasel.

Yes, but a rugged weasel :P

I'll be honest no one yet is truly doing it for me. It's either looks but questionable acting or spot on acting but questionable looks. Or too old or too young or not British or whatever....

Jack Huston caught my eye for a bit but he looks too much like Johnnie Depp's easier going but less commanding older brother.

And Hiddleston would do it for me except he doesn't look intimidating at all. (Hulk smash!!)

Tom Hardy can act but moves and looks clumsy.

~X(

He looks like a weasel.

I'll be honest no one yet is truly doing it for me. It's either looks but questionable acting or spot on acting but questionable looks. Or too old or too young or not British or whatever....

~X(

True, but a lot of people thought Craig was severely lacking in the looks department and he managed to win a great number of them over and put himself in position to be remembered as one of, if not the, best of the Bonds.

I think Friend has the look to play Bond. Are there more "Bondian" looking people out there? Sure, but I think he has it just as much as any of the others that have been mentioned, if not more.
    dalton wrote: »

He looks like a weasel.

~X(

True, but a lot of people thought Craig was severely lacking in the looks department and he managed to win a great number of them over and put himself in position to be remembered as one of, if not the, best of the Bonds.

I think Friend has the look to play Bond. Are there more "Bondian" looking people out there? Sure, but I think he has it just as much as any of the others that have been mentioned, if not more.

I reserve the right to change my mind ...again but I agree with you.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Are there more "Bondian" looking people out there?

1909316-pierce-brosnan-lors-de-la-premiere-de-950x0-2.jpg

Are there more "Bondian" looking people out there?

1909316-pierce-brosnan-lors-de-la-premiere-de-950x0-2.jpg

Pierce certainly looks the part. He has matured quick nicely. Very distinguished.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I think he ( if anything) looks better these days, with a little age on him. :)
    I think he ( if anything) looks better these days, with a little age on him. :)

Indeed, he does.
  • RC7RC7
    Pierce is the fucking man.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    In a perfect world, Pierce would still be Bond. He could have done it. It would have worked.
    Not sure, Craig could work beyond 50, but I would like to find out!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    He can still be Bond in my book. :D
    HlvzogYl.jpg
    Brosnan? Nah, too old. How about this up and coming British actor? He's smooth and suave and rumor has it he almost got the part in 1962, so he's perfectly positioned for the gig right now.

roger-moore.jpg?w=400
  • RC7RC7
    edited May 2016 Posts: 10,512
    Murdock wrote: »
    He can still be Bond in my book. :D
    HlvzogYl.jpg

He looks absolutely fantastic in this. I love the man.