Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,690
    I can imagine EON pumping GE level films every 3 years with Brosnan from 1995 all the way to his record breaking 8th outing in 2016. I sure enjoy Craig and his films, but I would pay good money to see this alternate Bond timeline.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    RC7 wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    He can still be Bond in my book. :D
    HlvzogYl.jpg

He looks absolutely fantastic in this. I love the man.
    Thanks, that's from a very recent picture of him too. :)
  • RC7RC7
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    Brosnan? Nah, too old. How about this up and coming British actor? He's smooth and suave and rumor has it he almost got the part in 1962, so he's perfectly positioned for the gig right now.

roger-moore.jpg?w=400

Is God allowed to be Bond again?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Brosnan? Nah, too old. How about this up and coming British actor? He's smooth and suave and rumor has it he almost got the part in 1962, so he's perfectly positioned for the gig right now.

roger-moore.jpg?w=400

Agreed.
  • GideonBondGideonBond MI20 HQ - Netherlands

roger-moore.jpg?w=400

Well that's his prophet. The one and true God? Sure. Anytime.

Son-Koneri-e1452594766304.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Heck bring them all back!
    4NkRNU1h.jpg
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Heck bring them all back!
    4NkRNU1h.jpg

Yeess that would be fun, Pierce as the Villain( traitor 00) Moore as a Bond Ally, Timothy Dalton as M, Sean Connery as new Q and George Lazeny Villain henchmen.

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    He can still be Bond in my book. :D
    HlvzogYl.jpg

He looks absolutely fantastic in this. I love the man.

He always looks great.
    I loved him as Bond and woshed he could have done one more but 4 films is not a bad number and age wise he retired on a high note.
    So i quite moved on, I don't want Pierce to comeback as Bond but i want a Pierce similar for his replacement. Though it would be fun to bring him as Villain in the style of Alec Trevelyan.

• edited May 2016 Posts: 1,661
    Those images of Aiden Turner look quite good. Perhaps he has the darker looks that might make for a nice contrast compared to Craig?
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 1,631
    deleted
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Saw High-Rise yesterday. Interesting film. Not quite recommended though because it's rather weird. I also happened to coincidentally catch the finale of The Night Manager yesterday. Great show all round.

The best thing in both was Hiddleston imho. He's the one for me going forward. Completely sold.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,116
    I appreciate your opinion @bondjames but I'm back voting Hardy even though he doesn't really look the part for me. He does look more lethal to me than Hiddleston and that's why I'm not swayed to Hiddleston yet.

Or a digitally recreated Dalton. Would be more life like than Turner or Cavill.
    mcdonbb wrote: »

=))

Couldn't agree more.
    dalton wrote: »

=))

Couldn't agree more.

:D .btw that could be interpreted as a jab at Dalton being too theatrical. Wasn't intended that way though.
    I understand the interest in Hardy @mcdonbb. He is an excellent actor. Truly brilliant.

I do lean towards the more naturally suave Bond though, and I think it's something we haven't really had since Moore hung up the PPK in 1985.

Hiddleston reminds me of Craig on many occasions (there is an underrated intensity to him) but he is just smoother. Silkier. More refined & polished.

That's how I prefer my Bond, but I do appreciate Hardy's attractiveness as a candidate, although I'd really want him more as a villain rather than the lead.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I understand the interest in Hardy @mcdonbb. He is an excellent actor. Truly brilliant.

I do lean towards the more naturally suave Bond though, and I think it's something we haven't really had since Moore hung up the PPK in 1985.

Hiddleston reminds me of Craig on many occasions (there is an underrated intensity to him) but he is just smoother. Silkier. More refined & polished.

That's how I prefer my Bond, but I do appreciate Hardy's attractiveness as a candidate, although I'd really prefer him as a villain rather than the lead.

I appreciate that and I actually agree. Hardy or not I really haven't found my true candidate.

I guess it will be whomever they pick lol ...doubt they'll consult me. :(

That's how I prefer my Bond, but I do appreciate Hardy's attractiveness as a candidate, although I'd really prefer him as a villain rather than the lead.

I appreciate that and I actually agree. Hardy or not I really haven't found my true candidate.

Or me.

True, they could surprise us. Somehow I think it will be a 'known' though. It's much harder to hide a decent actor these days. With Disney and Co out in full force scouting for SW or the Marvel properties, the great future talent is being snapped up fast. Tom Holland is a perfect example.

Or me.

True, they could surprise us. Somehow I think it will be a 'known' though. It's much harder to hide a decent actor these days. With Disney and Co out in full force scouting for SW or the Marvel properties, the great future talent is being snapped up fast. Tom Holland is a perfect example.

Again I agree that it will be a known actor this time. Whomever the distributor will be I'm sure they'll want that chance to hit 1 billion mark and they will want us to forget Craig.

Please understand I'm not anti Hiddleston I just foresee a harder sell here in NA.

Judging from Jason's poll thread Hiddleston is scoring high but compared to other polls Hardy is scoring high.

Just like the Presidential race here in the US my candidates never seem to make it very far :( ...I just am not sold on either Hiddleston or Hardy.

Need someone with Brosnan's looks circa 1997 and Hiddleston's acting skill and the presence of a Connery or Moore.

.....maybe Lazenby's price tag.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

.....maybe Lazenby's price tag.

Lazenby's price tag was never removed so luckily Cubby was able to return him to Harrod's and shop for another one.

Maybe Barbara shouldn't remove it as well from the new actor.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I've not been disappointed by any of the actors who've played 007, so I don't
    expect to be disappointed by the next choice. :)
  • RC7RC7

I haven't either. However, I'm leaning towards the archetypal Bond next time. I feel like DC has (not alone) opened the floodgates to the point where the discussion has become ludicrous. People are literally naming names these days, as if absolutely anyone could be Bond. They should fan the reactionary flames by casting a tall, dark, handsome, white bloke. Put everyone back in their boxes.
    I stand ready for the call. ;)

I haven't either. However, I'm leaning towards the archetypal Bond next time. I feel like DC has (not alone) opened the floodgates to the point where the discussion has become ludicrous. People are literally naming names these days, as if absolutely anyone could be Bond. They should fan the reactionary flames by casting a tall, dark, handsome, white bloke. Put everyone back in their boxes.

A lot of this, sir.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    GideonBond wrote: »

A lot of this, sir.

Yeah, I never knew he was a Turner fan until now.
    Of course a Turner has already appeared in a bond film .
    "The Fighting Temeraire" by Turner,Bond was looking at in
    Skyfall. ;)
  • RC7RC7

A lot of this, sir.

I'm a fan of his look, just unconvinced, thus far, that he has the presence and gravitas.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

A lot of this, sir.

I'm a fan of his look, just unconvinced, thus far, that he has the presence and gravitas.

So you could still be convinced then?
  • RC7RC7

A lot of this, sir.

So you could still be convinced then?

I'm always optimistic, but there are better candidates imo.
    Why try and convince anyone ? I doubt the Producers will base any decisions on
    The views of eight or nine fans here. :))
    Why try and convince anyone ? I doubt the Producers will base any decisions on
    The views of eight or nine fans here. :))

Haha, we seem to be an entitled lot here. 'The chosen ones', adepts of Fleming.