Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    How tall is Turner? He seems to be under six ft in the photos I've seen to date. I personally would prefer someone more in the 6ft 2 range post-10 yrs of Craig. More options then for actors and actresses to cast alongside him.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    No , all the measurements are wrong, or at least will be changed to allow
    The dreamboat Turner to become Bond or rather Bond will become Turner ! :))
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Turner ia a healthy 1.80 m tall
  • GideonBondGideonBond MI20 HQ - Netherlands
    Turner ia a healthy 1.80 m tall

Indeed, only 3cm short of Bond described by Fleming. Taller than Craig, obviously. Also, he looks optically taller due to his frame. Not a problem there.

Optically taller is the only way to go. :D
    We've seen 10 yrs of lifts, optical filming angles and what not to show Craig is taller than he is, and it's tiresome. There really is no substitute for the real thing imho. Watching the old films confirms that for me. If Turner doesn't crack 6ft without heels, he's out for me.
    Stiletto heels for men, that's the answer, and Turner has the legs to pull it off. ;)
    Just reminded me that I'm 11cm shorter than Fleming's Bond, guess I won't be getting the gig.
    Size isn't everything mate, ;)
    bondjames wrote: »
    We've seen 10 yrs of lifts, optical filming angles and what not to show Craig is taller than he is, and it's tiresome. There really is no substitute for the real thing imho. Watching the old films confirms that for me. If Turner doesn't crack 6ft without heels, he's out for me.

Well that's easy then, as he is 6ft tall. Just look at the charming handsome devil:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gbQ63fs2Xm0"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Size isn't everything mate, ;)

Well I do have dashing good looks, but like Craig am a 'Blond Bond'
    Nobody's perfect, ....... except for me obviously, but I think that's a given. :D

On the Turner interview is he tall, or just close to the camera ? :))
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Hiddleston is still a better candidate in my eyes. Turner is ok, but doesn't 'grab me'.
    Nobody's perfect, ....... except for me obviously, but I think that's a given. :D

Jelly of his dashing good looks are we maybe, eh Thunderpussy ;) Aidan Turner meets the requirements, at the end of the day. >:)
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 4,325
    GideonBond wrote: »

Jelly of his dashing good looks are we maybe, eh Thunderpussy ;) Aidan Turner meets the requirements, at the end of the day. >:)

Of course @Mendes4Lyfe
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Of course @Mendes4Lyfe

Not sure if serious

TigerTanaka.gif

To me he lacks 'star quality' though. He's also Irish which is another minus. He's just ok and looks the part.
    suavejmf wrote: »

To me he lacks 'star quality' though. He's also Irish which is another minus. He's just ok and looks the part.

In your humble opinion, that is. Also Irish a minus? Would you like to to say that to Pierce his face? :P

There's a certain predictability to his look. Like Gerard Butler is predictable.

Nothing unique or interesting here imho.

However, that's just the look. He could make up for it with his acting I suppose, although I'm a novice when it comes to his back catalogue.
    suavejmf wrote: »

In your humble opinion, that is. Also Irish a minus? Would you like to to say that to Pierce his face? :P

Yes. In my opinion. Yes, I would. I would compliment Pierce on GE and then comment on how unfortunate the script writers and Directors made the rest of his tenure, the low point of the franchise (quality wise).
    edited May 2016 Posts: 75
    There's a certain predictability to his look. Like Gerard Butler is predictable.

Nothing unique or interesting here imho.

However, that's just the look. He could make up for it with his acting I suppose, although I'm a novice when it comes to his back catalogue.

Predictable as in the quintessential look I take. He looks like a classically handsome Bond type, in a way. After ten years of looking at a Russian bouncer/kgb agent I say it's a welcome change. But of course, to each his own.
    Yes. In my opinion. Yes, I would. I would compliment Pierce on GE and then comment on how unfortunate the script writers and Directors made the rest of his tenure, the low point of the franchise (quality wise).

To me only Goldeneye was his only really good film, the rest not so much. Pierce did what he could, but bad scripts and directors let him down overall. Bond needed to be reinvented again and just like he did with Goldeneye, Campbell saved the day with CR.
    Turner is simply perfect, the Stepford wife of the Bond actors.
    Of course I'm jealous of his dreamboat good looks. One of the
    Reasons Turner has his hardcore fans here is because they imagine
    Him in hardcore action. :D

He needs to be 'plugged' as no-one outside of the UK has heard of him. Unless they stream the BBC that is. I totally agree that he looks the part. But his acting and 'star appeal' is, well a bit....... 'yawn'.

Now you're just taking the mickey, Pussy ;)
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Of course @Mendes4Lyfe

Not sure if serious

TigerTanaka.gif

I think Turner wouldn't be a bad choice.
    To be fair at least he's a sensible choice and not a stupid one for once (i.e. Jamie Bell, Idris Elba, Damian Lewis.....all ridiculous).
    I think it's the rest of the world's loss that they haven't heard of Turner.
    As soon as they see his dashing good looks, it's a given the world will
    Fall under his spell. In fact I even think the likes of ISIS and N.Korea will
    Fall under it and become nice. I can see world peace and the end to hunger. :D
    I think it's the rest of the world's loss that they haven't heard of Turner.
    As soon as they see his dashing good looks, it's a given the world will
    Fall under his spell. In fact I even think the likes of ISIS and N.Korea will
    Fall under it and become nice. I can see world peace and the end to hunger. :D

I'm sure the world would be even more captivated by your perfect skills in the language of Sarcasm. Give this man an Oscar!
    Not another one ! ;)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

My ex is a makeup artist and she worked on one of the actresses that starred in SP who told her that Craig had a bit of a hissy fit because he didn't want her too close to him as she was taller than him, making him look decidedly short.

If that sort of grievance is happening from your lead actor, it would be best for all to cast someone who fits the intended general description of the character in the first place.