No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Maybe we can buy Bond. How many members are we here? Some of us must be stinking rich. I hear @AceHole is worth a few billion on his own.
    How much can we invest into it each?

I bid 10 dollars.
    That's easy. Here's another 10 from me...

Just be careful our winnings won't go to funding terrorism...
    LOL!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Maybe we can buy Bond. How many members are we here? Some of us must be stinking rich. I hear @AceHole is worth a few billion on his own.

I bid 10 dollars.

LOL!

You mean bringing back Brosnan?
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Could Sony get Bond back? Or are they completely done with Bond?

Let me think? I think Sony have completely done with Bond now because the deal to co-produce the films with MGM and EON expired last year!

I bid 10 dollars.

LOL!

Something like that. That said, I wanted to sign a legislation to make every day "Pierce Brosnan Celebration Day".

I bid 10 dollars.

LOL!

Something like that. That said, I wanted to sign a legislation to make every day "Pierce Brosnan Celebration Day".

??? Sorry, I don t speak Lark.

Let me think? I think Sony have completely done with Bond now because the deal to co-produce the films with MGM and EON expired last year!

I mean can they re sign for another deal?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,113

I mean can they re sign for another deal?

No, its like double jeopardy, they can only sign with the same studio once. ;)

At 20min

I bid 10 dollars.

LOL!

??? Sorry, I don t speak Lark.
    You should try it. It'll grow on you. Huff and Puff and Blow Houses.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Before SP I wanted Craig forever but with the mixed reception I think the general audience and some of us are ready.

Craig's Bond will be blamed for SP even though that's an erroneous connection.

That mixed reception only happened in the US. In Europe Spectre has broken countless ticket sales records and got a lot of rave reviews.

Spectre has put movies like Jurassic World, Furious 7 and Age Of Ultron to shame ticket sales wise.

Europe is ready for some more action with Craig.

As with Dalton, the US doesn't appreciate what is good about SP
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Lol
    I still think Craigs departure is iminent. Besides ego, what other reason does Craig have to put himself through another gruelling 2 - 3 year slog? He's set for life financially and he has already signalled he wants to spend more time with his family. The only reason for him to return is if they manage to attract a director he wants to work with, but they don't come cheap. EON/MGM are going to need the backing of some real big spenders if they are going to pull off another SP sized production.

Well, shooting Bond films isn't exactly like working in the coal mines.

mcdonbb wrote: »
    Before SP I wanted Craig forever but with the mixed reception I think the general audience and some of us are ready.

Craig's Bond will be blamed for SP even though that's an erroneous connection.

You make it sound as though SP was a failure. It was not.

• edited May 2016 Posts: 6,601
    at about 20 min

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

I bid 10 dollars.

Individual contributions are 27 dollars, you guys should know that by now.

I bid 10 dollars.

Thanks for the seven dollars, Sean. That is much to ask for from a Scot, I know.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

I bid 10 dollars.

Thanks for the seven dollars, Sean. That is much to ask for from a Scot, I know.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54766083.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Germanlady wrote: »
    at about 20 min

That doesn't really confirm or deny anything. All it says, is that Craig has got Bond to where he wanted him to be.
    at about 20 min

That doesn't really confirm or deny anything. All it says, is that Craig has got Bond to where he wanted him to be.

If anything it kind of supports the notion that Craig has fulfilled his remit. Continuing now would just be fan service.
    at about 20 min

If anything it kind of supports the notion that Craig has fulfilled his remit. Continuing now would just be fan service.

For me, continuing posting would also just be fan service.

Maybe I should call it a day.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'd rather slash my tires than living in a world without @Thunderfinger.
    Murdock wrote: »

I cannot disappoint an environ mentalist case like you.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    at about 20 min

Well, it clearly shows how enthusiastic and happy he is shooting these films, which some people seem to think he doesn't enjoy anymore, so there's that.

People have said that we've got 4 Bond films here that tell a specific arc, and that Dan has nothing else to do with the character, but I don't think that's true at all. We've seen Bond on the job and at the top and bottom of the food chain, rallying against a myriad of foes, but we haven't seen him well and truly off the job. We haven't seen his life after he holsters his gun and sets down to try and have a "decent" life. That's where more magic will be derived.

I want to see Bond's retired psyche examined, because you know he'd be miserable. Is the aching quiet of his life too much to bear, too far removed from the adrenaline of what he used to do? If he sees his MI6 crew or the realm in trouble, can he just stand by and do nothing? All of this really isn't in his nature, and I'd like to see the complications that come along with the choice he makes at the end of SP.

You could do so much with a fifth Craig Bond film. Start the film with Bond and Madeleine getting married, showing Tanner, M, MP and Q rejoicing in his happiness, then tear it all away. Force Bond to see what he already knew, but didn't want to admit: quiet, for him, just isn't a possibility. The film could go one or two ways. Either Bond faces an escaped Blofeld (or he uses his information to bribe his way out) who has returned to head SPECTRE in one final conflict that will see Bond using all his resources to take out the man and the organization at all costs. Bond and Madeleine's future will be strained, as she knows deep down he needs that life to truly live, and that the quiet life leaves him unsatisfied.

Or, Blofeld's villainy takes a minor role in comparison to a greater SPECTRE threat that faces Bond and the world. Since Blofeld's capture, the members of the organization have been fighting over his throne, angered by how he took things so personal and effectively outed them all to every intelligence service in the world, when before Blofeld's meddling with Bond, they were off the radar and were all getting rich and powerful in the shadows. Blofeld will watch from either inside or outside the cell as, just like Bond's MI6, his own organization is in ruins, moving on without him, the greatest insult to his ego you could ever imagine, and it's all because of him. Truly like Ozymandias, he is a cracked and weathered statue laying in a desert wasteland, whose message of power and conquest has gone from a mantra to that of a joke.

What I would like to see in this film is a script that really deals with a retired Bond and what that kind of life means for the man. I want to see him bored of his quiet life, sitting in his living room as the light is bleeding through the windows, his body sagging in the chair, exhausted into torpidity. Bond was born for a storm, and a calm doesn't suit him; I want to see him dealing with his own inability to truly enjoy a retirement of any kind, though he wants to be with Madeleine. It'd make for a fascinating inner conflict that he would be constantly forced to face.

And of course, I'd love to see a finale with Bond and his fellow 00s and some of the realm's soldiers against Blofeld and/or SPECTRE's forces. More than anything, though, I want EON to continue to paint a deep picture of Bond as a man and explore just what his retirement days would be like, and what his actions speak of his character and his ultimate life fate, because we've never truly seen this done proper before. Is Bond meant to settle down, or is he destined to keep moving, stopping whatever forces threaten the realm until the last possible moment?

I think there's a lot of mileage that could be gotten from Bond 25 with Dan taking one last ride.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I second that notion.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    didn't something on twitter say there would be an announcement some time today? I call BS on not just Craig walking away,
    at about 20 min

Well, it clearly shows how enthusiastic and happy he is shooting these films, which some people seem to think he doesn't enjoy anymore, so there's that.

People have said that we've got 4 Bond films here that tell a specific arc, and that Dan has nothing else to do with the character, but I don't think that's true at all. We've seen Bond on the job and at the top and bottom of the food chain, rallying against a myriad of foes, but we haven't seen him well and truly off the job. We haven't seen his life after he holsters his gun and sets down to try and have a "decent" life. That's where more magic will be derived.

I want to see Bond's retired psyche examined, because you know he'd be miserable. Is the aching quiet of his life too much to bear, too far removed from the adrenaline of what he used to do? If he sees his MI6 crew or the realm in trouble, can he just stand by and do nothing? All of this really isn't in his nature, and I'd like to see the complications that come along with the choice he makes at the end of SP.

You could do so much with a fifth Craig Bond film. Start the film with Bond and Madeleine getting married, showing Tanner, M, MP and Q rejoicing in his happiness, then tear it all away. Force Bond to see what he already knew, but didn't want to admit: quiet, for him, just isn't a possibility. The film could go one or two ways. Either Bond faces an escaped Blofeld (or he uses his information to bribe his way out) who has returned to head SPECTRE in one final conflict that will see Bond using all his resources to take out the man and the organization at all costs. Bond and Madeleine's future will be strained, as she knows deep down he needs that life to truly live, and that the quiet life leaves him unsatisfied.

Or, Blofeld's villainy takes a minor role in comparison to a greater SPECTRE threat that faces Bond and the world. Since Blofeld's capture, the members of the organization have been fighting over his throne, angered by how he took things so personal and effectively outed them all to every intelligence service in the world, when before Blofeld's meddling with Bond, they were off the radar and were all getting rich and powerful in the shadows. Blofeld will watch from either inside or outside the cell as, just like Bond's MI6, his own organization is in ruins, moving on without him, the greatest insult to his ego you could ever imagine, and it's all because of him. Truly like Ozymandias, he is a cracked and weathered statue laying in a desert wasteland, whose message of power and conquest has gone from a mantra to that of a joke.

What I would like to see in this film is a script that really deals with a retired Bond and what that kind of life means for the man. I want to see him bored of his quiet life, sitting in his living room as the light is bleeding through the windows, his body sagging in the chair, exhausted into torpidity. Bond was born for a storm, and a calm doesn't suit him; I want to see him dealing with his own inability to truly enjoy a retirement of any kind, though he wants to be with Madeleine. It'd make for a fascinating inner conflict that he would be constantly forced to face.

And of course, I'd love to see a finale with Bond and his fellow 00s and some of the realm's soldiers against Blofeld and/or SPECTRE's forces. More than anything, though, I want EON to continue to paint a deep picture of Bond as a man and explore just what his retirement days would be like, and what his actions speak of his character and his ultimate life fate, because we've never truly seen this done proper before. Is Bond meant to settle down, or is he destined to keep moving, stopping whatever forces threaten the realm until the last possible moment?

I think there's a lot of mileage that could be gotten from Bond 25 with Dan taking one last ride.

Agreed whole-heartedly. Plenty more to explore. Challenge the character in the script, give him obstacles, and the actor (we're bloody lucky to have such a talented one playing 007), will be challenged as well.

Fresh eyes on the story-telling duties, and give Craig a script that's rewarding his talents. Something physical, rugged, dangerous. Let's re-awaken the blunt instrument again.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    at about 20 min

And let's not forget that it's been 10 years in CR. The time is right to inject some new blood into the role. While I have praised Craig in SP, I wont be crying into my pillow at night if he doesn't come back. He should count himself lucky, he's had a good run with 4 films.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    at about 20 min

And let's not forget that it's been 10 years in CR. The time is right to inject some new blood into the role. While I have praised Craig in SP, I wont be crying into my pillow at night if he doesn't come back. He should count himself lucky, he's had a good run with 4 films.
    This is how I feel too. We were robbed of one more Craig film due to all the corporate futzing about however. It's a shame.
    at about 20 min

Exactly. There are few people on here that don't enjoy at least 2 of his films. I can understand why EON want to keep printing money with Craig in the role, but creatively I don't think it's the right choice. Why not quit while you're ahead and carry some of that momentum over to the new actor, rather than pushing it that one film too far like Connery, Moore, and arguably Brosnan did. Let's be honest, artificially extending the Craig era is more likely to sully Craig's legacy than solidify it. The people pining for Craig's return aren't looking at what's best for the series as a whole. Craig has had 10 years, that it quite enough for him to leave his mark. Bite the bullet and move forward. Clinging to Craig is the gutless move.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    bondjames wrote: »
    at about 20 min

This is how I feel too. We were robbed of one more Craig film due to all the corporate futzing about however. It's a shame.

It's not over yet.