No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I have a feeling it will be Warner brothers
    After the disappointment that was Batman V Superman, do we still want them?

That would be the most likely option, I would think. Sadly, though, I don't think we can rule out Disney as a possibility. The amount of money they could throw at MGM would be enticing, if they're interested in doing so. Hopefully they're not.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Me too ...
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,113
    Sony have really upset american audiences recently with Spiderman and Ghostbusters, I hope EON doesn't stick with them. The american market is still top priority.
    Sony have really upset american audiences recently with Spiderman and Ghostbusters, I hope EON doesn't stick with them. The american market is still top priority.

They might but I really hope not. The only thing I know is MGM has to partner with somebody. Is MGM even producing anything right now?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    mcdonbb wrote: »

They might but I really hope not. The only thing I know is MGM has to partner with somebody. Is MGM even producing anything right now?

MGM are releasing 'The Magnificent Seven' this September.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    If true, I respect him for walking away from something that no longer challenges him or he feels creatively different about. But what does he have to fall back on now? A play, and a possible TV series. That doesn't seem a wise career move given how much every other actor has struggle career wise post-Bond.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,116
    mcdonbb wrote: »

MGM are releasing 'The Magnificent Seven' this September.

Cool ..
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    If true, I respect him for walking away from something that no longer challenges him or he feels creatively different about. But what does he have to fall back on now? A play, and a possible TV series. That doesn't seem a wise career move given how much every other actor has struggle career wise post-Bond.

He's rich as fudge.
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    THE 007th MAN FOR THE JOB!

As it seems the rumour-peddlers are making us leave the primaries and look towards the general election of a new 007 whether we want [or he] really wants it or not, who might fit the frame if the Bond roulette is indeed ready for its seventh spin of the wheel?

And is it really time to start looking for the white smoke coming out of EON HQ's chimney just yet...?

http://markoconnell.co.uk/the-007th-man-for-the-job/
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    jake24 wrote: »
    You can't really compare a company that has been existent for decades with one Batman v Superman.
    The struggle is about WHAT you want, Snow. So, what is it HE wants. I have a feeling, its different to what many others want.

He once said "I want it all" LC time. Now he has had it all and I believe, ithas not been all THAT great to him (fame wise). Another quote " If I go to a pub and people jiut say Oh, its Daniel Craig and leave me alone that will be great (or something like that). So -here you get your attitude towards what's important in the future for him.
    Good stuff without all the fame boohoo.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    THE 007th MAN FOR THE JOB!
    I never thought about that before. Great marketing for a new fella. I can see the teaser trailer now. A remake of the legendary GE Brosnan intro one.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

He's not hurting for money, and it's not as if he's had a terribly successful career outside of Bond.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2016 Posts: 10,588
    You can't really compare a company that has been existent for decades with one Batman v Superman.
    Company evolve over time. People leave, other people take over. But you're right, it's not fair to compare WB with one film. Creed, as well as the Hobbit franchise were huge successes, both of which were distributed by both WB and MGM.
    Company evolve over time. People leave, other people take over. But you're right, it's not fair to compare WB with one film. Creed, as well as the Hobbit franchise were huge successes, both of which were distributed by both WB and MGM.
    That's what I meant.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Creasy47 wrote: »

He's not hurting for money, and it's not as if he's had a terribly successful career outside of Bond.

Seems to me, Creasy, as if this is not really an answer to what was said. Rather the opposite. If someone is afraid, because he has not been all THAT successful, he would normally hold on to what did make him rich, No?

What I am saying is - he never mapped out a plan to be THAT successful actor. What he wants is a creatively interesting and satisfying career and without a doubt, he can have that without being in all the blockbusters and Marvel universe films. A small Othello theater run might just do the trick.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Germanlady wrote: »

Seems to me, Creasy, as if this is not really an answer to what was said. Rather the opposite. If someone is afraid, because he has not been all THAT successful, he would normally hold on to what did make him rich, No?

Maybe he wants to go back to doing the type of arty films he did pre-Bond. Those scripts may not have been flooding his inbox the past decade. Attempts at launching other franchises outside of Bond have all but failed, and he's pulled out of high profile films. He might be done with the big blockbusters all together.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2016 Posts: 40,492

He asked what he has to fall back on now, to which I stated that it doesn't matter - he's loaded, and has plans for Broadway and this brand new show. Also, since his career hasn't been overly successful over the last decade (sans Bond), it's apparent that Craig isn't looking for big pay day movies; thus, he'll keep doing what interests him.

Maybe he wants to go back to doing the type of arty films he did pre-Bond. Those scripts may not have been flooding his inbox the past decade. Attempts at launching other franchises outside of Bond have all but failed, and he's pulled out of high profile films. He might be done with the big blockbusters all together.
    @Red_Snow, I agree.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,601
    He asked what he has to fall back on now, to which I stated that it doesn't matter - he's loaded, and has plans for Broadway and this brand new show. Also, since his career hasn't been overly successful over the last decade (sans Bond), it's apparent that Craig isn't looking for big pay day movies; thus, he'll keep doing what interests him.

Well, it did sound different to me, but like this, I can all but agree.
    In a way, it worked out fine for him as I believe, had all his attenpts for franchises be sucessfull, he would work non stop and would be probably really unhappy now.
    Could Sony get Bond back? Or are they completely done with Bond?
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Could Sony get Bond back? Or are they completely done with Bond?
    In the end, they may be the only ones interested in it, given how little they made off the last few films. If someone else wants it, they will insist on profitability metrics improving imho, given there are a lot of parties that get cuts.
    Very interesting^^
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Maybe we can buy Bond. How many members are we here? Some of us must be stinking rich. I hear @AceHole is worth a few billion on his own.
    Maybe we can buy Bond. How many members are we here? Some of us must be stinking rich. I hear @AceHole is worth a few billion on his own.
    How much can we invest into it each?
  • RC7RC7

Not if you scale back. Bond should never see the US market as top priority, he's international. Keep the costs down and away you go.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    How much can we invest into it each?

I bid 10 dollars.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,113
    RC7 wrote: »

Not if you scale back. Bond should never see the US market as top priority, he's international. Keep the costs down and away you go.

I agree if they can make a film for around 150 million then they are pretty much bulletproof, but I don't think EON would ever do something that made that much sense. I mean, if they are handing out 68 million just like that, scaling back obviously isn't on the cards.
    RC7 wrote: »

Agree ...that's the way I would go and the way I would pitch it.