No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited May 2016 Posts: 6,601
    I am pretty sure, that whatever might hold up production, it won't be DC.
    He is a straight guy, who doesn't play games. Actually, he is TOO straight for his own good at times.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    If all this is true, I will be very sad. But, atleast we won't get the bullsh*t we had for Bond 21 when Brosnan was still rumoured to come back, as late as early 2004, over a year after DAD was released.

Exactly, B25 is right around the corner, what have you got to be sad about? You should be excited! :D
    Very sad news if true. Not sure I want the role recast tbh. Tom Hardy is still my favourite choice but Tom Hiddlestone would be OK. Jason Isaacs could still be a decent Dalton type choice. I just hope Christoph Waltz can be persuaded to return as Oberhauser.
    I'm just happy we got the news when we did. There could have been another year of speculation, if Craig had quit then, everything would have seemed all the more dire. As it is, this is quite a smooth transition.
    I wonder, how excited you will be, if Turner is not the one. Guess it will go down your scale quite a bit. ;))
    The story has just exploded on the inter webs. I guess a full official statement will come soon, but looking at how weary Craig was during the Spectre press tour, it was obvious he was done with the role. My guess is that Hiddleston will be the next 007.
    The Mail are really sticking to their story. It was the lead story on the front-page of their site this morning: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Also remember it was the Mail who broke the news that Brosnan was axed in 2003 and they also revealed Craig had been cast in 2005.

I'm kinda sad that Craig has drawn such a firm line under not returning. Especially as SP was a tad disappointing, I felt he deserved a better send-off. I also thought the story possibilities with Waltz and Seydoux returning were vast, however I suppose the chances of seeing them again die with Craig's exit.

So....who will be the next Bond? Will EON go with a star or an unknown? One thing to bear in mind is that the franchise game has changed in recent years and established stars are all looking for a sure thing. My punt is that EON have their pick of leading men.

One name that people keep forgetting to talk about is Tom Hardy

tom-hardy-legend.jpg
    Damn, I would love it if they announced Hardy out of the blue. I think that ship has sailed though...
    SonofSean wrote: »
    The story has just exploded on the inter webs. I guess a full official statement will come soon, but looking at how weary Craig was during the Spectre press tour, it was obvious he was done with the role. My guess is that Hiddleston will be the next 007.

This is nonsense. Where did you see weary? From what I remember, he did a huge amount of promo as usual and was a good sport with it all. Not weary at all.

As for the rest - yes, I suppose.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2016 Posts: 28,694
    People don't forget to talk about Tom Hardy, they just know it won't ever happen, so why waste precious breath? I hate to break everyone's bubbles, but neither will Hiddleston.

This is why media and consumers of media give me headaches. One little "story" gets reported, then a few people naive enough to trust it push it out into the interwebs with every fiber of their annoying beings until you've got a whole band of keyboard warriors stuffing it down your throat like it's gospel. So many are prepared to call this news solid and Dan out of the job, when we haven't hear a thing from EON since Spectre hit theaters. Come on, folks. You're all better than this.

If we're seriously looking towards Twitter for truth, we've well and truly lost the plot.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    If Craig is indeed done, then I'm willing to bet that we're going to get B25 sooner rather than later. Just a hunch that something is in the works. Otherwise, why would he announce (if is going to) now. Mark Strong's comments about higher powers come to mind.
    Very true, Brady, but this just feels like some of the situations, we have had in which all the bla proved to be true. It could be either way. We kow, how fast the net picks up every bs, but on the other hand, this is getting so much drive now, that it could be true.
    People don't forget to talk about Tom Hardy, they just know it won't ever happen, so why waste precious breath? I hate to break everyone's bubbles, but neither will Hiddleston.

This is why media and consumers of media give me headaches. One little "story" gets reported, then a few people naive enough to trust it push it out into the interwebs with every fiber of their annoying beings until you've got a whole band of keyboard warriors stuffing it down your throat like it's gospel. So many are prepared to call this news solid and Dan out of the job, when we haven't hear a thing from EON since Spectre hit theaters. Come on, folks. You're all better than this.

If we're seriously looking towards Twitter for truth, we've well and truly lost the plot.

To be fair the Twitter post said 'apparently'
    Normally, yes. But when you have two "rumors" coinciding at once...Piddleston meeting with Babs/Mendes, and now Daniel turning down another Bond, I dunno, it seems a little more than the usual weekly "Is so-and-so the new Bond?" headlines. Either way, this is spreading across the internet like wildfire. I would expect an EON statement to shoot it down pretty quickly. You know their phones must be ringing non-stop right now.
    bondjames wrote: »
    If Craig is indeed done, then I'm willing to bet that we're going to get B25 sooner rather than later. Just a hunch that something is in the works. Otherwise, why would he announce (if is going to) now. Mark Strong's comments about higher powers come to mind.

I agree, EON have worked a lot quicker than we have given credit for. I knew something was up when they jetted Turner out to LA less than 6 months after SP released. My guess is Craig let them know that he wasn't coming back come hell or highwater and he has been covering for them, so they can get a headstart on all the press scrutiny. All this "I just need 6 months" business was just smoke and mirrors. Expect B25 Nov 2018.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Maybe this will indeed force out an EON announcement/update in an effort to quell rumors, or confirm rumblings. I just want to know the truth, because all the melodrama is insufferable.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    giphy.gif
    If its not true, they cannot just let it stand. I mean, yeah, they could, but it would make no sense.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    Damn, I would love it if they announced Hardy out of the blue. I think that ship has sailed though...

Why? Very recently he said he wanted it.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    If its not true, they cannot just let it stand. I mean, yeah, they could, but it would make no sense.

Yes, a clarification from EON must come after this. Otherwise we'll all go nuts. Some already have, but that's besides the point.

Though, looking at all the feed coming in, this cavalcade of news stories about Dan supposedly turning down a deal are all recycled from the original, right down to how the articles are paragraphed and split into content. It's a domino effect where one writer copied another writer, who got copied by another writer, same as usual. I still see nothing concrete in sight, like there never is in these situations. Mostly because it's all nonsense.

I could, for instance, post a story about how @Creasy47 is going bald and release it to the world, and if @Murdock, @Dragonpol, @doubleoego and countless others followed suit and ran with the same story, over time people would actually believe it to be true, just because it's a widely trending story.
    Yeah, no refutation from EON soon is confirmation in my eyes.
    Until Craig/Eon make an official announce via the press or whatever, Craig is still James Bond.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I have a bad feeling.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Until Craig/Eon make an official announce via the press or whatever, Craig is still James Bond.

Goes without saying.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    They will need to quell it if it's not true, I agree. Soon. This narrative about Craig leaving has been going on for well over a year now. It's not just yesterday and today. So it has almost become self fulfilling and taken on a life of its own.

That's why it's imperative, if he's done, that the next actor be a little more committal with the press regarding his Bond tenure until it is truly done, rather than be wishy washy about it.

Craig more than anyone could have killed all rumours (including Elba) if he had come out and said a few years back that he is James Bond for the forseeable future.
    But if he is done then I want Eon to hire an actor to play Bond young enough Mid 30s, who will be committed to the role for a long time. At least 5 movies.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I'm depressed. So depressed I cannot even read any more. If true, I have not felt this sad in years regarding Bond. Ending with Spectre does NOT sit well with me, it does not fit perfectly at all. Craig's era for me really needs one more, only one more ... with the way Spectre ended. I so wanted Craig's Bond to finish Blofeld off in the next one. I didn't need 2 more from Dan - I love his Bond films. But one more would make perfect sense. AND to top it off, I really dislike Hiddleston. Always has rubbed me the wrong way. Not happy at all. Sayonara for now ...
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    But if he is done then I want Eon to hire an actor to play Bond young enough Mid 30s, who will be committed to the role for a long time. At least 5 movies.

And 2 year gaps!
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,601
    bondjames wrote: »

That's why it's imperative, if he's done, that the next actor be a little more committal with the press regarding his Bond tenure until it is truly done, rather than be wishy washy about it.

Well, I hope for all of you Bond fans, that the next actor will be comparable to DC in terms of committment to the role, whilst on set. This is where it counts. End of story.