I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,097
    Corrine was so innocent, I'm not sure I accept believe she was a SPECTRE agent.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Corrine was so innocent, I'm not sure I accept believe she was a SPECTRE agent.

Clearly not. She was recruited by Yusef to work for SPECTRE under duress to save her boyfriend.

It's clear to me now how you think SP's final act and Bloberhauser is a great work of cinema.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Wow, good catch. Have never noticed that either.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,097
    Hey guys, check this out:

I was just watch AVTAK (or AVADA KEDAVRA as I affectionately refer to it) and I noticed something that almost made me spill my John Smiths. Just as Moore goes to spy on Zorin and Stacy at the party, an extra walks by and turns like she is in an argument. I never noticed that before.

By the way, did anyone check out that scene I mentioned from LTK with those two extras who disappear. It's right when Bond turns up at Felix's place and finds him half eaten. There is a boy and his mother (I assume) walking by and when the camera pans they have disappeared completely. Spooky, right?
    LTK was a haunted production.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Well perhaps EHollander, who was an extra on the set, could shed some light. Ever since he posted all those great candid photos here a while back I notice him whenever I watch the film now. It's a bit distracting actually.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/11614/tons-of-never-before-seen-on-set-photos-from-licence-to-kill-shot-in-key-west-1988/p1
    He was here for three months, then he disappeared. Just like he wasn t really there.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    He was here for three months, then he disappeared. Just like he wasn t really there.

Maybe he was never really here, and that thread is simply an illusion we're creating?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Was he an extra? I thought he was just an on-set photographer.
    @jake24, he was an extra in the film.
    @jake24, he was an extra. Click the link I posted above for all the photos. They're great. I noticed him in the film a couple of times the last time I watched it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Thanks, I wasn't aware. I've seen those pictures, they're excellent.
    I catch this every time and I was wondering if anyone else has: in GE, Ourumov executes the guard and Mishkin, and then removes the bullets from the PPK's magazine, puts it back in, and gives it to Bond. I'm sure it's meant to be a goof, but after doing all that, there still would've been a round in the chamber, which means Bond could've executed Ourumov right then and there.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I catch this every time and I was wondering if anyone else has: in GE, Ourumov executes the guard and Mishkin, and then removes the bullets from the PPK's magazine, puts it back in, and gives it to Bond. I'm sure it's meant to be a goof, but after doing all that, there still would've been a round in the chamber, which means Bond could've executed Ourumov right then and there.

We didn t see it, but Bond was busy combing his hair.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Both Moore's first and last Bond films have a wedding cake being destroyed.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I never noticed that connection. :)
    SP related: The whole movie deals with the theme of ghosts of the past and such, and it got me thinking about Mr. White. Ghosts are commonly known to walk through walls and such, and in the movie we see Mr. White has been hiding behind a secret door in an old, decrepit house and his room at the L'Americain contains a hidden room as well behind a wall. He can disappear as he likes, much like a ghost, and no one can find him (Except James, of course.)
    Maybe I'm just looking too much into this and it was probably not intentional, but I find it to be a nice little tidbit.
  • Gettler wrote: »
    SP related: The whole movie deals with the theme of ghosts of the past and such, and it got me thinking about Mr. White. Ghosts are commonly known to walk through walls and such, and in the movie we see Mr. White has been hiding behind a secret door in an old, decrepit house and his room at the L'Americain contains a hidden room as well behind a wall. He can disappear as he likes, much like a ghost, and no one can find him (Except James, of course.)
    Maybe I'm just looking too much into this and it was probably not intentional, but I find it to be a nice little tidbit.

Plausible, certainly, but you may be reading into it more than any of the writers of that movie did, let's be frank.
  • Murdock wrote: »
    Both Moore's first and last Bond films have a wedding cake being destroyed.

Both things that I could have lived without.
    Gettler wrote: »
    Very interesting point.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Just watched DAD. When Bond reads the in-flight magazine featuring Graves, the heading beneath the title reads: "The fast-living, sky-diving, rapier wielding gem tycoon tells Gregg Wilson why he'll sleep when he's dead." I never noticed his brief mention.
    I'm currently watching Diamonds Are Forever.

In the pretitles, there is an unnamed doctor/plastic surgeon who speaks about Blofeld's transformation. I immediately recognized his voice as that of Draco from OHMSS. However, I was quite certain that Gabrielle Ferzetti did not appear in DAF.

After some research, I realized that David De Keyser provided the voice of both Draco in OHMSS (dubbing Ferzetti) and the doctor in DAF. So it is indeed the same voice. I can't believe I didn't notice that before.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Impressive, both catches!
    Just watching LALD. I realized Moore started and finished his career as Bond in films where he sleeps with a black girl (Rosie in LALD, and May Day in AVTAK) and they were both baddies.
    I just noticed as well that Leroy Harris, who plays the sheriff in Las Vegas in DAF, also plays a Louisiana Sheriff in LALD alongside Clifton James. I can't believe I didn't notice him before.

That means there is a cop actor connection between LALD/DAF & also between LALD/TMWTGG.
    ---

I also noticed that when Bond is playing gin rummy with Solitaire on the train at the end, he instructs her, assuming she doesn't know the game. She then shows him up and calls Gin. This reminds me of the SP sequence, also on the train, when Bond is teaching Madeline how to use a gun, and she shows him that she knows about them only too well.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I just noticed as well that Leroy Harris, who plays the sheriff in Las Vegas in DAF, also plays a Louisiana Sheriff in LALD alongside Clifton James. I can't believe I didn't notice him before.

That means there is a cop actor connection between LALD/DAF & also between LALD/TMWTGG.
    ---

I also noticed that when Bond is playing gin rummy with Solitaire on the train at the end, he instructs her, assuming she doesn't know the game. She then shows him up and calls Gin. This reminds me of the SP sequence, also on the train, when Bond is teaching Madeline how to use a gun, and she shows him that she knows about them only too well.

And I thought Spectre was original!
    Just watching OHMSS. I just realized that the film stars not just one but two cohorts of John Steed from The Avengers/The New Avengers in both Diana Rigg & Joanna Lumley.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Birdleson wrote: »
    While watching TOMORROW NEVER DIES, I have come to believe that Pierce's Bond is breaking the third wall, and he is addressing the audience, after he throws the red guy into the printing press, looks slightly off camera and says, "They'll print anything these days.", and then looks directly at the camera. I never really thought there was much to that claim in the past.

Also, that short fight is one of Pierce's better ones. Funny how it rarely gets mentioned.
    Isn't he looking in the camera's direction because thhere's more people coming? I remember something like that, but can't check as I don't know where my DVD's are and then still would need a DVD player and TV too, which I don't have right now.
    Interesting. Will check it as soon as i can
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    It's not his fault that a camera happens to be in the exact place he happens to look.
    ;) .
    Doesn't mean he's addressing the audience.