I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Someone randomly sent this to me a year or so ago. :))
    28KhN5s.jpg
  • Murdock wrote: »
    28KhN5s.jpg

Oh the Craig one is hilarious.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Great drawing. :)
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    That was brilliant. And actually spot-on.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    We all know Connery is a panther.
    .... and decorator.
    Yes, as can be seen in the TB pts.
    Nice bit of flower arranging too. ;)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Ok , I am watching LTK at the moment and I had to pause and rewind because I couldn't believe what I just saw.

Bond gets the news the from airport lady that Sanchez has escaped and races back to Felix's house. There is an establishing shot of Bonds car pulling in outside the house. As this is happening, a boy and his mother are sauntering down the street. Then suddenly the woman playing the mother taps the boy on the shoulder and the pair speed up as they exit the frame. Two seconds later, Bond hurries up the garden path and the camera pans round, but the boy and the woman have vanished.

My guess is that the two extras thought they were already out of the frame so they started to run so they wouldn't be there when the camera pans. Maybe other people have picked up on this before, but it made me jump in my seat so I thought I'd share it.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I missed that bit, but will look for it the next time I watch the film.

There was a member here around Christimas time who posted a lot of great photos from the set of LTK, because he was an 'extra' on the set. Funny thing is the last time I saw the film (a few months back) I noticed him in a lot of scenes, because I'd seen all these 'still photos' of him here and he stood out due to that. It was actually quite distracting.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Don't wolves live in packs? Or is that packets? Anyway, shouldn't Bond then have his team around him all the time? I'm confused..
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Murdock wrote: »
    28KhN5s.jpg
    Interesting that Brosnan is the only one you wouldn't immediately recognise as being him - the only reason we know is because its the only one left.

Maybe Pierce simply didn't get a certain look which distinguished him.

• ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    That's interesting to hear. As far as I know, Pierce was distinguished by his looks.
    That's interesting to hear. As far as I know, Pierce was distinguished by his looks.
    I mean his attire.
    There's Craig in his speedos, Laz in his kilt, Dalts in the wedding suit etc. Rog would be flairs or maybe the LALD roll neck, Connery the white tux (despite Craig's recent film). Brosnan ..what?

To be fair, I recognised the Brosnan one from his suit.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Craig's only recognised by his musles and bulge in bright blue swimsuit?
    That's very sad.
    And I don't agree.
    I wish that idiotic scene never would have happened, has it really become his trademark to be recognised for??
    edited April 2016 Posts: 7,570
    I don't think anyone said he is only recognised for that. It's just (whether you like it or not) that scene has become quite iconic, especially amongst the ladies, so he is recognised for it.
    So, when the chap did these cartoons it was an image that we all know.

Lazenby wore more than a kilt, but it's recognisable as him.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Moore is definitely recognizable to this day for the raised eyebrows.
    Got me thinking about Brosnan. He spends a lot of time in his films sopping wet (especially TWINE). Maybe that's the way to go.
    Or a painface.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It looks like they were going based on this picture.
    https://thenerdsuncanny.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/mota_ru_1070403.jpg

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Would be nice to get this thread back on course…
    When I first got the Bonds on Blu Ray I noticed that in Thunderball Sean Connery's tattoos on his arm are visible in the scene where he goes back to his hotel room and listens back to the tape he left recording. I don't think it's noticeable on DVD.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I don't believe the wolf whistle has any connection to Dalton looking like a wolf. That's actually the first time I've heard that. I thought the line was obvious: a wolf whistle, Bond likes women, etc. That's why it's fitting.

But he does look like a wolf, so it could be both. Hats off to the writers for that one.

That's a rather large assumption given how easily explainable the wolf whistle is. In all my years of Bond fandom, this is the first time I've ever heard someone compare Dalton to a wolf, or assume the wolf whistle was implemented for any reason other than it's synonymous with getting female attention, which goes hand-in-hand with Bond.

First off, I don't think the wolf whistle is for getting female attention as much as it is to signal that they have yours.

Secondly, this is a bit of a recurring motif in the Bond films. There are several references to Craig looking like a bulldog in SF. M has that ornament on her desk and Bond quips:

" the whole office goes up in smoke and that bloody thing survives."

This is an obvious parallel with Bond surviving the destruction of his family home later in the film. It's subtle but it's there.

Later Moneypenny even says "old dog, new tricks", confirming the connection between Craig and the bulldog.

With all due respect, those are the most stupid theories I've ever read..
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I don't believe the wolf whistle has any connection to Dalton looking like a wolf. That's actually the first time I've heard that. I thought the line was obvious: a wolf whistle, Bond likes women, etc. That's why it's fitting.

But he does look like a wolf, so it could be both. Hats off to the writers for that one.

That's a rather large assumption given how easily explainable the wolf whistle is. In all my years of Bond fandom, this is the first time I've ever heard someone compare Dalton to a wolf, or assume the wolf whistle was implemented for any reason other than it's synonymous with getting female attention, which goes hand-in-hand with Bond.

First off, I don't think the wolf whistle is for getting female attention as much as it is to signal that they have yours.

Secondly, this is a bit of a recurring motif in the Bond films. There are several references to Craig looking like a bulldog in SF. M has that ornament on her desk and Bond quips:

" the whole office goes up in smoke and that bloody thing survives."

This is an obvious parallel with Bond surviving the destruction of his family home later in the film. It's subtle but it's there.

Later Moneypenny even says "old dog, new tricks", confirming the connection between Craig and the bulldog.

With all due respect, those are the most stupid theories I've ever read..

You've clearly not read @Mendes4lyfe's thoughts on the codename theory then.
  • Big_GeeBig_Gee Wales
    I saw SPECTRE three times in the cinema but it wasn't until I was watching the DVD a second time at home that I realised the reason why M drives the car into the tunnel. He is forced to do so because Blofeld's men have placed a red and white barrier in the road obstructing his intended route.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Big_Gee, yeah? I've probably seen the movie ten times or less now and I don't believe I've ever caught that. I'll have to keep my eye out next time.
    Watching A View To A Kill yesterday I noticed for the first time that Scarpine has a scar on his left cheek. How can I have missed that so many times?

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »
    Watching A View To A Kill yesterday I noticed for the first time that Scarpine has a scar on his left cheek. How can I have missed that so many times?

SCARpine, you mean, am I right, guys?! Guys?...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    In some scenes, Scarpine looks like an older Keanu Reeves.